Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is the earth flat?

Tito I wasn't trying to be patronizing. Only stating that when looking out across to the horizon, I myself tend to look straight ahead. If you look down at any other angle than level, that's fine, but it makes it very hard to measure and record the angle you are looking at. When I make my observations with my camera I use a level and a tube, so I can accurately measure that it is actually level across the water of ground.

We'll have to agree to disagree on perspective. Although I disagree that it has been debunked. As you get higher you are changing the angle you are viewing from. Think about the experiment I mentioned, where you place your camera on the ground of say a football field or warehouse floor, then get someone to walk away from it. You will see them disappearing from the bottom up. Now we know they are not going over any curve, just out of our perspective. If you started rising the camera up, you will see more of the person comes back into view.

We can only see so far. Even with camera's or telescopes. Plus you need to add in things like the atmosphere and also things in the way. Stand out on your street and try to see 3 or 4 streets over. You will generally have other houses or trees in the way making that very difficult. It's the same with the earth. It has hills and valleys, plus the atmosphere, that makes it only possible to see so far.

You claimed we couldn't use the vids the show infrared footage over a 123 distance. So I left it out, because, you are right, I hadn't done that particular experiment myself. But I have done my own experiments and observations over the 11 mile distance, where I can see things that should be hidden by curvature. And again, you can go out and do some of these observations for yourself. You don't have to take my word for it. You can actually try and test and repeat your own observations. Real empirical evidence you can produce yourself.

You also failed to address that you claimed the earth is so big that we can't see any curvature in one post, but are able to see it going over the horizon at what 20 odd miles I think you said. And the fact that if you fixed that point where you claim it's the curvature the boat is going over, and went to a higher altitude, that that point couldn't rise up to your eye level, as the horizon does, because as geometry dictates, that point you claiming is curving, would continue to curve down, making it impossible for the horizon to rise to your eye level. I have mentioned this experiment before. I have done it myself at different locations.

Things fall because they are dense, is all it means. I can't explain that any simpler. We know what density is. And it's quantifiable. Basically the air particles can't support things that are denser than the air surrounding it, so the fall through the air to the ground. I know they fall at 9.81 m/s, but it has nothing to do with gravity, it's all about the density of an object.

If you want to claim that I can't use vids because I haven't done the experiments for myself, then the same goes for you and the luminaries. Have you been into the sky with the planets, sun and moon? The truth is we really have no idea what they are. Looking at them through a good quality telescopes, they look like pulsing lights, nothing like the CGI that NASA and other space agencies are selling you. And again, take a look for yourself, and see if what you are seeing is the same as what you are being presented. You don't have to take my word for it.

And yes, from my observations, the luminaries seem to work better on a flat plane, for example all the star trails circling Polaris, you can time lapse this for yourself. The fact that if we were hurtling through space, we should be seeing different stars every 6 months or so. But the fact remains, looking at the sky gives us nothing quantifiable for the ground beneath our feet.

Ok so can you give me 1 practical example of gravity holding our atmosphere to the earth?

Also a practical example of a gradient vacuum, beside a gradient air pressure?

You also failed to address how you can create pressure without a barrier of some sort.

I'm not sure why you are taking things so personally. I am only challenging the claims of the globe.

We are talking about objective reality.

You yourself have admitted that you can't give me a practical example of gravity. We don't observe mass attracting mass anywhere in nature.

We know we need a barrier or container to create pressure.

There is no measurable curvature.

The motion of the earth has never been detected.

We know how the natural physics of water work, and that it can't conform to the exterior of a shape.

You decide to stop throwing insults, after throwing the last insults. I was the 1 that took the higher road. I'm not sure what you mean by double standards. You can't accept my word or vids, but you can test these for yourself. Again I don't see how looking the the sky gives us anything measurable of the claimed curvature, or motion, or shows how water can conform to the exterior of a shape, or shows how we can have a pressurized system without a barrier.

You claim stuff to be scientific fact, all I'm asking is for it to be shown how they proved it. Remember the sciences. Reality was here before language. The formal sciences are a tool only. Did they use demonstrable, observable, testable, repeatable experiments to prove these things? If so then all I'm asking is to be shown these. I think you'll find they didn't. We don't observe mass attracting to mass in nature, so I would like to see the experiment that proves this. What demonstrable, observable, testable, repeatable experiment did Einstein use to disprove the ether, for his theory of relativity to work?

I couldn't care less if you wanted to continue or not. I never wanted to start this thread, but since it's here I'll post information, in case someone else is curious about the claims of the globe. As I have mentioned, Youtube and Google are already censoring the subject, and it can be hard to find relevant information.

Like I have said from the beginning, I'm not trying to convince anyone, just posting what I know to be true from actual Natural scientific experiments.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well now you’re sounding like your old, calmer self. Good.

I’m glad you’re not trying to convince anyone and frankly, I’m not trying to convince you. My whole point has been that there is a better way to conduct an argument than saying… “I’m right and you’re wrong. My research is the only one that counts, and the rest of you are sheep for following what you’ve been taught.” It starts things off on the wrong foot. The fact of the matter is no… neither nor I have ever been to space, and cannot say firsthand we’ve seen the shape of the Earth in person.

As for your experiments, you’ll claim they are binding and representative of what holds true for the entire Earth, and others will say there are flaws in those assumptions. That other factors, such as physics of scale, must be considered. But that’s neither here nor there. Not wanting to start another argument. Just saying that everyone’s opinions are valid, even ours.

Arguments of yours I can sympathize with? The one about water staying on a spherical surface… I can see where that would give people pause. Saying gravity holds the oceans to the surface doesn’t seem to impress everybody. But the rest of it? I tried explaining how air pressure is a gradient and gradually goes down as you go into space, to the point where it becomes a vacuum, which in itself is a gradient. You know… partial vacuums vs. perfect vacuums.

The luminaries, as you call them, is another area where I just see too many holes. You yourself struggle to explain how two celestial bodies can just gyrate in circles above the center of the Earth without any explanation as to the forces that keep them in those circling patterns. But again, since you don’t believe in gravity, a lot of things just fall by the wayside (pardon the pun). If the force keeping those bodies from flying off in linear fashion comes from the Earth itself, then where exactly does if come from? It’s easier for most of us to imagine a sphere where gravity comes from the center of said sphere, than a mysterious force equally distributed across a flat plane. Your previous post did nothing to either explain this, or convince anyone of its veracity.

Try to keep in mind that most doubters you’ll encounter are not just some yo-yo’s who can’t think for themselves. Some of us have technical backgrounds, and are as much into experimentation and facts as you are. You don’t have a monopoly on gray matter, Alpha.

I think you’re the one who’s taking things personally, and I don’t blame you. Claiming 9/11 was an inside job is one thing. No one is going to ridicule you for that. They may disagree vehemently… but they won’t ridicule you because no one has any proof to the contrary. Claiming the Earth is flat is quite another ball…. er….. slab of wax altogether.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Well now you’re sounding like your old, calmer self. Good.

I’m glad you’re not trying to convince anyone and frankly, I’m not trying to convince you. My whole point has been that there is a better way to conduct an argument than saying… “I’m right and you’re wrong. My research is the only one that counts, and the rest of you are sheep for following what you’ve been taught.” It starts things off on the wrong foot. The fact of the matter is no… neither nor I have ever been to space, and cannot say firsthand we’ve seen the shape of the Earth in person.

As for your experiments, you’ll claim they are binding and representative of what holds true for the entire Earth, and others will say there are flaws in those assumptions. That other factors, such as physics of scale, must be considered. But that’s neither here nor there. Not wanting to start another argument. Just saying that everyone’s opinions are valid, even ours.

Arguments of yours I can sympathize with? The one about water staying on a spherical surface… I can see where that would give people pause. Saying gravity holds the oceans to the surface doesn’t seem to impress everybody. But the rest of it? I tried explaining how air pressure is a gradient and gradually goes down as you go into space, to the point where it becomes a vacuum, which in itself is a gradient. You know… partial vacuums vs. perfect vacuums.

The luminaries, as you call them, is another area where I just see too many holes. You yourself struggle to explain how two celestial bodies can just gyrate in circles above the center of the Earth without any explanation as to the forces that keep them in those circling patterns. But again, since you don’t believe in gravity, a lot of things just fall by the wayside (pardon the pun). If the force keeping those bodies from flying off in linear fashion comes from the Earth itself, then where exactly does if come from? It’s easier for most of us to imagine a sphere where gravity comes from the center of said sphere, than a mysterious force equally distributed across a flat plane. Your previous post did nothing to either explain this, or convince anyone of its veracity.

Try to keep in mind that most doubters you’ll encounter are not just some yo-yo’s who can’t think for themselves. Some of us have technical backgrounds, and are as much into experimentation and facts as you are. You don’t have a monopoly on gray matter, Alpha.

I think you’re the one who’s taking things personally, and I don’t blame you. Claiming 9/11 was an inside job is one thing. No one is going to ridicule you for that. They may disagree vehemently… but they won’t ridicule you because no one has any proof to the contrary. Claiming the Earth is flat is quite another ball…. er….. slab of wax altogether.
    I have always been calm, just wanted to show that insults against each other are irrelevant. There are no emotions involved in this for me, in my opinion objective reality is not up for debate. But insulting intelligence, rather than attacking the argument is pointless. I have been at this for 3 years. And for the better, now actually understand how the heliocentric model works. Before getting into questioning the globe claims, I don't think I ever questioned it once, like most I guess. I've not trying to say I'm right and others are wrong, I'm saying that actual empirical natural scientific experiments prove things in this reality.

I suppose that when I say sheep or brainwashed, I am really referring to myself back then, not meaning others. I find it hard to believe how easily I was fooled by the propaganda and pseudoscience for so long, without every questioning the globe.

Anyone is free to say there are flaws in my experiments. That's what experiments are for. But if they are claiming they are wrong, then obviously I will expect a practical demonstration showing the opposite of my results. And the great thing about natural science is that everyone should be able to demonstrate, observe, test and repeat the same experiments, producing the same results. We are all scientists really.

So if someone claims water can conform to the exterior of a shape, I will expect a practical demonstration of that.

Again with gravity, we don't observe it anywhere in nature, and there is no practical demonstration that can be observed of mass attracting to mass.

You did try explaining air pressure, but again didn't explain how we can have that pressure without some sort of barrier. I'm not claiming a dome or anything, but I do know that we need some sort of container or surface to create pressure.

Also if the claim is that gravity (that we can't prove with a practical demonstration) is whats holding the atmosphere to the earth, then again I would expect a practical demonstration of this.

And also a practical demonstration of this gradient atmosphere, beside this claimed gradient vacuum, without any barrier. We know by the laws of thermal dynamics that hot will always go to cold, and a higher energy (pressure) will always go to a low energy (pressure).

If the claim is that the earth is moving, then again, a practical demonstration would be required to show this. This has never been done.

And if the claim is the the earth is curving, in the shape of a sphere, the we should be able to quantify and measure this.

So I hope you can see where a lot of this becomes belief and pseudoscience, rather than actual science.

You shouldn't have to believe in gravity, it should be able to be proven by a scientific experiment. I call them luminaries because they look more like balls of light to me through a telescope. Like I said we have never been up there, and can only rely on what we see for ourselves vs the agencies, who like those in the scientific community have a agenda to protect. It's their livelihood. I don't know what they are exactly, but claiming that gravity (again a force we can't observe in the natural world, or provide a practical demonstration for) doesn't prove what they are or why they do what they do. I ask myself if gravity is real then why doesn't the moon move fast on it's cycle when it's closest to the sun? Surely the Suns mass would be pulling it towards it, making it's speed increase. But again, looking at the sky doesn't give us anything to measure this claimed curvature of the globe.

I have never claimed to have a monopoly on gray matter, I have always encouraged others to do their own research and experiments. But like I have said with the sciences, only natural science uses empirical evidence, tangible, quantifiable substances. Formal sciences are languages, created by man to assist as a tool, and aren't real scientific experiments.

The scientific community should be jumping all over this. Isn't that what science is. Observing, testing, demonstrating, repeating. And it should be repeatable by everyone, not just 'their' peers. Instead they prefer to focus on the formal side of science, creating things like dark energy and dark matter, because, funnily enough 'gravity' only works in our solar system.

But take sometime, a few days, a couple of weeks, I've been at it 3 years and am still learning things. But I highly recommend researching how some of these things like gravity were proved. And see if you agree that it was done with actual scientific experiments, or just pseudoscience. Either way you'll learn more about the heliocentric model, that for some reason or another, most of us seem oblivious to, until the questions are presented to us.

I'll leave a vid below in case anyone is interested in gravity vs density:

They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You provide more questions than answers, Alpha. You see that, don’t you? Give me a practical demonstration of water adhering to a spherical shape. Give me a practical demonstration of gravity. Give me a practical demonstration of the heliocentric model of the Earth, Sun and Moon.

What about you? Give ME a demonstration of a celestial body circling above a flat plane without any explicable forces keeping it in such a rotation. If the Earth is flat, what is its shape? Please don’t tell me you don’t know or don’t care. Give me alternatives. A sphere is a sphere is a sphere. You can walk around it, sail around it, fly around it. Explain the geometry of the flat Earth. Explain why and what holds the Sun and Moon in their respective circles above the flat Earth. Explain how it’s night and day simultaneously in different parts of the Earth. I’m sorry, but the animations I’ve seen don’t quite cut it. At least with the heliocentric model, gravity explains everything. Gravity holds the atmosphere against the surface of the Earth. Gravity holds the oceans against the surface of the Earth. Gravity holds the Moon in orbit.

Demonstration of gravity? Sorry… fresh out. I can’t conjure up a mass of 5.9 x 1024 kg in order to replicate the effects of gravity. Anything other than that, we’re fooling ourselves. Let’s go back to air pressure again, because you insist on the barrier. And I’m sorry, but the key here is gravity, which you don’t believe in. Gravity is the key to the whole show, I’m afraid. If you WERE to believe in gravity, I would tell you that because gravity holds the atmosphere to the surface of the Earth, the air pressure is greatest at sea level. As you go up in altitude, this pressure gradually decreases, due to the lesser quantity of air molecules present. At some point, you go from zero pressure and cross over into what is known as a partial vacuum, which as you go further into space, becomes a deeper, or stronger vacuum. Why don’t the air molecules in the pressured area drift or move to the lesser pressured area? There’s that dreaded G-word again….. gravity. The force of gravity overcomes the forces that would move the air from a higher pressure area to a lower pressure area. The container, barrier, whatever you want to call it? The surface of the Earth. That is the "wall" the air is pressed up against. I'm sorry... that's the best I can do.

Gravity’s the key to the whole thing. But you don’t believe in it. You believe objects fall to the ground because of density. Tell me… how dense is the Sun and the Moon? Shouldn’t they come crashing down to the surface of the Earth? I can’t think of much denser objects than the Sun, can you?

You see…. If you want to convince round Earthers that they’re wrong, you’ve got to have alternative truths to prove to them. You just can’t say water doesn’t conform to a sphere and expect to leave it at that. A round Earth model needs no “end”…. no “edge”. Again, you can go around it endlessly. If it’s flat, where does it end? That question cannot be left unanswered. Otherwise, you’re just questioning things without an alternative.

The circling of the Sun and Moon is a big deal here. The heliocentric model explains night and day. Flat Earthers models don’t. And if they attempt to, it’s shoddy and unbelievable.
    Last edited by TitoFan; 02-09-2019 at 08:13 PM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You provide more questions than answers, Alpha. You see that, don’t you? Give me a practical demonstration of water adhering to a spherical shape. Give me a practical demonstration of gravity. Give me a practical demonstration of the heliocentric model of the Earth, Sun and Moon.

What about you? Give ME a demonstration of a celestial body circling above a flat plane without any explicable forces keeping it in such a rotation. If the Earth is flat, what is its shape? Please don’t tell me you don’t know or don’t care. Give me alternatives. A sphere is a sphere is a sphere. You can walk around it, sail around it, fly around it. Explain the geometry of the flat Earth. Explain why and what holds the Sun and Moon in their respective circles above the flat Earth. Explain how it’s night and day simultaneously in different parts of the Earth. I’m sorry, but the animations I’ve seen don’t quite cut it. At least with the heliocentric model, gravity explains everything. Gravity holds the atmosphere against the surface of the Earth. Gravity holds the oceans against the surface of the Earth. Gravity holds the Moon in orbit.

Demonstration of gravity? Sorry… fresh out. I can’t conjure up a mass of 5.9 x 1024 kg in order to replicate the effects of gravity. Anything other than that, we’re fooling ourselves. Let’s go back to air pressure again, because you insist on the barrier. And I’m sorry, but the key here is gravity, which you don’t believe in. Gravity is the key to the whole show, I’m afraid. If you WERE to believe in gravity, I would tell you that because gravity holds the atmosphere to the surface of the Earth, the air pressure is greatest at sea level. As you go up in altitude, this pressure gradually decreases, due to the lesser quantity of air molecules present. At some point, you go from zero pressure and cross over into what is known as a partial vacuum, which as you go further into space, becomes a deeper, or stronger vacuum. Why don’t the air molecules in the pressured area drift or move to the lesser pressured area? There’s that dreaded G-word again….. gravity. The force of gravity overcomes the forces that would move the air from a higher pressure area to a lower pressure area. The container, barrier, whatever you want to call it? The surface of the Earth. That is the "wall" the air is pressed up against. I'm sorry... that's the best I can do.

Gravity’s the key to the whole thing. But you don’t believe in it. You believe objects fall to the ground because of density. Tell me… how dense is the Sun and the Moon? Shouldn’t they come crashing down to the surface of the Earth? I can’t think of much denser objects than the Sun, can you?

You see…. If you want to convince round Earthers that they’re wrong, you’ve got to have alternative truths to prove to them. You just can’t say water doesn’t conform to a sphere and expect to leave it at that. A round Earth model needs no “end”…. no “edge”. Again, you can go around it endlessly. If it’s flat, where does it end? That question cannot be left unanswered. Otherwise, you’re just questioning things without an alternative.

The circling of the Sun and Moon is a big deal here. The heliocentric model explains night and day. Flat Earthers models don’t. And if they attempt to, it’s shoddy and unbelievable.
    I am questioning the claims of the globe.

I know that the earth is demonstrably level, because of how the natural physics of water work.

I don't know the full dimensions of the earth, because we aren't free to explore it. If we were, I'd be on a plane tomorrow with my friends brother, who is a pilot and we'd be trying to fly directly over the south pole, around to the north pole and back to where we started. But we are restricted in where we can go. All sort of kept in this middle area. I posted a vid awhile back about Antarctica, that went into great detail about the difficulties to even attempt an expedition there.

Why do I need to provide alternatives? I am merely questioning the claims of the globe that have been taught to us. There are some who try to attempt maps and models, but to me it's irrelevant until we are actually allowed to explore this whole thing we are on.

The FE models and maps I have seen, may not work perfectly, possibly due to us not knowing the full dimensions. But in saying that, the heliocentric mode is not without flaws itself. And again it's irrelevant to me, because it doesn't give me anything measurable of the claimed curvature.

We need to believe that water can conform to the exterior of a shape, although the natural physics of water say otherwise.

We need to believe in gravity, although we have never observed it in the natural world, and there are no experiments that can be performed to demonstrate it making water conform to the exterior of a shape or holding a pressurized gas to a shape.

To create pressure you need a sealed container. Think of a gas cylinder or can of deodorant, a gas tank for example. You can't create the pressure with only 1 side. And it needs to be sealed or the gas will escape.

Even at it's lowest pressure the atmosphere will still have a higher energy than the negative of a vacuum. Again, I guess we just have to believe this, as there is no practical demonstration for this happening.

We have to believe the earth is moving, even though no experiment has ever proven that we are.

Seems like they want us to believe a lot. With nothing to actually prove these claims. Basically a religion.

You tell me how dense the Sun and Moon are, I've never been up there to be able to quantify them. They could just be lights of some sort in the sky.

We can't just go around the globe endlessly, as I mentioned, we can circumnavigate west to east and visa versa, but north to south and back around has never been done. And as I said, we a heavily restricted in our exploration. Circumnavigating from north pole to south pole and back around would be the first thing I would attempt, if we were allowed.

Who says there is an edge? Have you been there? You keep bringing it up, just another strawman. I've never been to an edge, but again, we are restrict on where we can go freely. Who's to say it's not an endless plane.

Again, I'm not try to convince anyone. I'm just denying the claims of a globe. Everyone should research and decide for themselves.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just to clarify why you can’t get into Antarctica the Nazis still maintain a super base with in it which is occupied to this day. One of my reporters sent me the following

In 1938, the Nazis sent a large team of explorers - including scientists, military units and building crews on war ships and submarines - to the Queen Maud Land region of Antarctica. While mapping the area, they discovered a vast network of underground warm-water rivers and caves. One of these caves extended down as far as 20-30 miles and contained a large geothermal lake. The cave was explored and construction teams were sent in to build a city-sized base, dubbed Base 211 or New Berlin, that hosted the SS, the Thule Society, “serpent cults,” various Nazi occultists, the Illuminati, and other shadowy groups.

At some point, the Germans either discovered abandoned alien technology or made contact with extraterrestrial explorers (variously described as Greys or Reptilians). They learned or were taught how to replicate the alien technology, and used it to begin developing a number of super weapons including an advanced aircraft called an “antigravity-disk,” or flying saucer.

While many of these weapons were not ready for use in World War II, the base and the ability to manufacture these weapons might still exist and the Germans/aliens/some cult or secret society (depending on which conspiracy theorist you ask) will eventually launch a New World Order from it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I don't know the full dimensions of the earth, because we aren't free to explore it. If we were, I'd be on a plane tomorrow with my friends brother, who is a pilot and we'd be trying to fly directly over the south pole, around to the north pole and back to where we started. But we are restricted in where we can go. All sort of kept in this middle area. I posted a vid awhile back about Antarctica, that went into great detail about the difficulties to even attempt an expedition there.
    Why do you have to circle the globe north to south? A globe is a globe. You can circle it in an infinite number of ways, including around the equator. Also, airline pilots routinely fly over the North Pole on extremely long flights, such as say New York to Hong Kong. There are some FAA restrictions on flights over Antarctica, but it’s not like it hasn’t been done. The restrictions are mostly based on safety considerations. You believe there’s some sort of conspiracy going on there… that’s fine. We disagree.

We need to believe in gravity, although we have never observed it in the natural world, and there are no experiments that can be performed to demonstrate it making water conform to the exterior of a shape or holding a pressurized gas to a shape.
    Must be comfortable in that easy chair asking for experiments that prove gravity. Again, I don’t happen to have a 5.9 x 1024 mass in my back pocket with which to experiment. And just like lab experiments wanting to model tidal waves fall a wee bit short of the actual reality…. so would any experiment attempting to prove gravity with pitifully smaller scale models. Differences in scale are a reality, whether accepted by you or not.

To create pressure you need a sealed container. Think of a gas cylinder or can of deodorant, a gas tank for example. You can't create the pressure with only 1 side. And it needs to be sealed or the gas will escape.
    Do you dive? If so, you must be aware of water pressure at depths. Tell me… what sort of “sealed container” is the ocean contained in, to be able to exert pressure? Oh…. the container theory only applies to atmospheric air? Ok. You repeatedly dismissed my perfectly clear and understandable explanation about gravity holding the atmosphere against the Earth’s surface, and continue clinging to the “container theory.” Ok.

Seems like they want us to believe a lot. With nothing to actually prove these claims. Basically a religion.
    On this I’ll give you some leeway. A religion… yes. But so is the Flat Earthers theories. Too much “black magic”, as I’ve already shown you in previous posts. Nothing provable.

You tell me how dense the Sun and Moon are, I've never been up there to be able to quantify them.
    Sun? 1.41 g/cm3
    Moon… 3.34 g/cm3

Who says there is an edge? Have you been there? You keep bringing it up, just another strawman. I've never been to an edge, but again, we are restrict on where we can go freely. Who's to say it's not an endless plane.
    Again with the "Strawman." It's the popular buzzword on the forum these days… cool. I keep bringing up “the edge” because it’s only natural to think that if we in fact live in a flat world, there must be some dimensions. An endless plane? I find that harder to swallow than your hated globe. But then again, there are tons of things we don’t fully understand. The limits of the universe. The beginning of time. Nothing in science has ever even come close to explaining any of those things. So in our arguing over the Earth, there is also that framework of questions neither of us has answers for.

So we're pretty clear that you're not trying to convince me, and I'm not trying to convince you. But certain things beg to be pointed out, such as the use of double standards when you demand everything be proven, while at the same time accepting you don't know why or how some Flat Earth theories would occur. Another thing to be pointed out which I've done repeatedly is explaining the realities of scale. If you ever watched old Godzilla movies, you'll note that the little cardboard skyscrapers didn't collapse the same way real skyscrapers would collapse.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Just to clarify why you can’t get into Antarctica the Nazis still maintain a super base with in it which is occupied to this day. One of my reporters sent me the following

In 1938, the Nazis sent a large team of explorers - including scientists, military units and building crews on war ships and submarines - to the Queen Maud Land region of Antarctica. While mapping the area, they discovered a vast network of underground warm-water rivers and caves. One of these caves extended down as far as 20-30 miles and contained a large geothermal lake. The cave was explored and construction teams were sent in to build a city-sized base, dubbed Base 211 or New Berlin, that hosted the SS, the Thule Society, “serpent cults,” various Nazi occultists, the Illuminati, and other shadowy groups.

At some point, the Germans either discovered abandoned alien technology or made contact with extraterrestrial explorers (variously described as Greys or Reptilians). They learned or were taught how to replicate the alien technology, and used it to begin developing a number of super weapons including an advanced aircraft called an “antigravity-disk,” or flying saucer.

While many of these weapons were not ready for use in World War II, the base and the ability to manufacture these weapons might still exist and the Germans/aliens/some cult or secret society (depending on which conspiracy theorist you ask) will eventually launch a New World Order from it.

The Germans may have found that temple-like structure buried deep within the Antarctic ice, which means they most likely did encounter the extraterrestrial explorers, also knows as the Predators. Unfortunately, they also encountered the feared Aliens, which were a primitive, un-intelligent life form, but with a formidable anatomy which made them almost impervious to attack. The Predators considered them pests, as the Predators were highly developed in their technology, as you mentioned. It is unclear whether any of the Predators still remain in Antarctica, but it is thought that the Aliens were mostly wiped out by a powerful bomb.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why do you have to circle the globe north to south? A globe is a globe. You can circle it in an infinite number of ways, including around the equator. Also, airline pilots routinely fly over the North Pole on extremely long flights, such as say New York to Hong Kong. There are some FAA restrictions on flights over Antarctica, but it’s not like it hasn’t been done. The restrictions are mostly based on safety considerations. You believe there’s some sort of conspiracy going on there… that’s fine. We disagree.

Must be comfortable in that easy chair asking for experiments that prove gravity. Again, I don’t happen to have a 5.9 x 1024 mass in my back pocket with which to experiment. And just like lab experiments wanting to model tidal waves fall a wee bit short of the actual reality…. so would any experiment attempting to prove gravity with pitifully smaller scale models. Differences in scale are a reality, whether accepted by you or not.

Do you dive? If so, you must be aware of water pressure at depths. Tell me… what sort of “sealed container” is the ocean contained in, to be able to exert pressure? Oh…. the container theory only applies to atmospheric air? Ok. You repeatedly dismissed my perfectly clear and understandable explanation about gravity holding the atmosphere against the Earth’s surface, and continue clinging to the “container theory.” Ok.

On this I’ll give you some leeway. A religion… yes. But so is the Flat Earthers theories. Too much “black magic”, as I’ve already shown you in previous posts. Nothing provable.

You tell me how dense the Sun and Moon are, I've never been up there to be able to quantify them.
    Sun? 1.41 g/cm3
    Moon… 3.34 g/cm3

Again with the "Strawman." It's the popular buzzword on the forum these days… cool. I keep bringing up “the edge” because it’s only natural to think that if we in fact live in a flat world, there must be some dimensions. An endless plane? I find that harder to swallow than your hated globe. But then again, there are tons of things we don’t fully understand. The limits of the universe. The beginning of time. Nothing in science has ever even come close to explaining any of those things. So in our arguing over the Earth, there is also that framework of questions neither of us has answers for.

So we're pretty clear that you're not trying to convince me, and I'm not trying to convince you. But certain things beg to be pointed out, such as the use of double standards when you demand everything be proven, while at the same time accepting you don't know why or how some Flat Earth theories would occur. Another thing to be pointed out which I've done repeatedly is explaining the realities of scale. If you ever watched old Godzilla movies, you'll note that the little cardboard skyscrapers didn't collapse the same way real skyscrapers would collapse.
    We need to circumnavigate over the south/ north poles and back again to prove it can be done. We would need to stop at both poles and record the star trails to confirm our locations. It has never been done.

You can model tsunamis. And they have been modeling oceans for years.

We understand how water creates pressure. The pressure is equal on all sides, like how bubbles form in water. Are you claiming our atmosphere is now water (liquid)?

So you have been up there to quantify the sun and moon yourself? Don't think so.

You are right, there must be some dimension to what we're on, but at this stage you and I are restricted from exploring to truly find them out. I'm not claiming it is a endless plane, but there could potentially be more land they are hiding from us. Until we can truly explore, we will never know for sure.

I can prove how water works in this reality.

I can prove that gases need a container, and that if a higher pressure is next to a lower, then the higher pressure will move into the lower one.

There has been no experiment to prove the earths motion.

There is no measurable curvature.

It shouldn't really be that hard to prove the globe, should it?

I'll tell you what, if you do all the ground work, getting all the authorizations, and pay for everything needed for us to be able to attempt a north to south (and back around) circumnavigation, we will need to stop for a few days at both the north and south pole so we can record the star trails, so we can confirm our locations. I will pay for everything else. We can raffle of 3 to 4 other seats, you will make your money back ten fold with this. I will pay for our travel and fuel, food and rations, equipment, everything that we will need to complete the trip. All you need to do is get the authorizations completed for us to do be able to do it. Deal?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let’s concentrate on the pressure issue for a minute. You do agree that air pressure decreases as you go up in altitude, correct? It is a gradient, is it not? So extrapolate whatever altitude you’ve been to even further. Does the air pressure not approach zero? We’re talking gauge pressure here, by the way. Now, part of your issue is that you don’t believe space is a vacuum. But….. you don’t believe in space anyway, right? So what does it matter? What matters is that you’ve got quantifiable, repeatable, indisputable evidence that air pressure decreases as you go up in altitude. Now….. explain THAT without using gravity as a factor, because you don’t believe in gravity either. What is the cause for there to be gradually decreasing air pressure as you go up in altitude? You see….. the mere topic of atmospheric air pressure flies in the face of your flat Earth theories.

“Are you claiming our atmosphere is now water (liquid)?” Are you now putting words in my mouth? That is a definite no-no in an intelligent, mature argument. Show me where I said our atmosphere was water, and I’ll apologize and become a Flat Earther myself. What I DO claim however, is that both air and water are fluids. Are you going to dispute that? I’m not an astronomer, but I do have certain knowledge that will enable me to detect when you’re just ad libbing nonsense without any scientific proof to back it up.

Here’s a direct quote from you: “I can prove that gases need a container, and that if a higher pressure is next to a lower, then the higher pressure will move into the lower one.” Ok so how does that work with the air pressure gradient present in the atmosphere? No black magic, no voodoo….. a straight, coherent answer please. We’ve already established there’s a gradient. So technically you’ve got “higher pressure next to lower pressure” all throughout the continuum of the atmosphere. So the 64 thousand dollar question is…. wait for it…. why on Earth is there a gradient at all? Why isn’t the air pressure the same all throughout the atmosphere? Isn’t that what air does when you open a higher pressure container to a lower pressure one? If you’re gonna present an argument Alpha, it’s got to be ironclad.

On the transpolar trip, hey I’m game. Not much of a flier… but why miss the opportunity of a lifetime to fly over both poles (oops… I’m sorry… I know you don’t like those terms).

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was in an Ultimate marvel comic universe where all this happened. Captain America stopped it and won the war for the West.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

That was in an Ultimate marvel comic universe where all this happened. Captain America stopped it and won the war for the West.
    damn I missed that part

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let’s concentrate on the pressure issue for a minute. You do agree that air pressure decreases as you go up in altitude, correct? It is a gradient, is it not? So extrapolate whatever altitude you’ve been to even further. Does the air pressure not approach zero? We’re talking gauge pressure here, by the way. Now, part of your issue is that you don’t believe space is a vacuum. But….. you don’t believe in space anyway, right? So what does it matter? What matters is that you’ve got quantifiable, repeatable, indisputable evidence that air pressure decreases as you go up in altitude. Now….. explain THAT without using gravity as a factor, because you don’t believe in gravity either. What is the cause for there to be gradually decreasing air pressure as you go up in altitude? You see….. the mere topic of atmospheric air pressure flies in the face of your flat Earth theories.

“Are you claiming our atmosphere is now water (liquid)?” Are you now putting words in my mouth? That is a definite no-no in an intelligent, mature argument. Show me where I said our atmosphere was water, and I’ll apologize and become a Flat Earther myself. What I DO claim however, is that both air and water are fluids. Are you going to dispute that? I’m not an astronomer, but I do have certain knowledge that will enable me to detect when you’re just ad libbing nonsense without any scientific proof to back it up.

Here’s a direct quote from you: “I can prove that gases need a container, and that if a higher pressure is next to a lower, then the higher pressure will move into the lower one.” Ok so how does that work with the air pressure gradient present in the atmosphere? No black magic, no voodoo….. a straight, coherent answer please. We’ve already established there’s a gradient. So technically you’ve got “higher pressure next to lower pressure” all throughout the continuum of the atmosphere. So the 64 thousand dollar question is…. wait for it…. why on Earth is there a gradient at all? Why isn’t the air pressure the same all throughout the atmosphere? Isn’t that what air does when you open a higher pressure container to a lower pressure one? If you’re gonna present an argument Alpha, it’s got to be ironclad.

On the transpolar trip, hey I’m game. Not much of a flier… but why miss the opportunity of a lifetime to fly over both poles (oops… I’m sorry… I know you don’t like those terms).

Yes I agree that the atmosphere pressure decreases as you rise in altitude, yes it's a gradient. There is a greater density of gases near the surface, and the atmosphere gradient is based on temperature. We have denser gases near the surface, making the temperature higher, higher energies will move to lower energies.

Now I don't believe in space. But it is relevant, because it's a claim of the globe model. If you have pressure, even at zero, as you claim, it will still be a higher energy than the negative of a vacuum. The claim of the globe is that we have our atmosphere (pressurized) beside a vacuum (negative in pressure). You are making claims that this vacuum is also a gradient, so you will need to provide a practical demonstration of this, or it's just a belief.

I did not put words in your mouth, I asked a question. You were asking about how pressure is created in water, but we were discussing our pressurized atmosphere. Yes water and air can both be defined as fluids, but they hold very different principles and properties. If we are talking about 1 thing, then we should stick to the substances, principles and properties of that thing, rather than trying to use another example of something that displays totally different principles properties.

I have explained that the gradient is based on temperature, and the higher energy is moving up into the lower energy. The pressure isn't the same all through the atmosphere continuum, because the energy is decreasing. But again, the pressure of our atmosphere will still hold a higher energy than the negative of a vacuum.

I'll agree to any terms for our trip, if you don't want to fly we can sail and trek, it will be much harder tho traveling by foot. I can get a legal document all drawn up if your serious. I can get an account set up where we can both deposit $10k, our initial deposits will be protected and only we will be able to withdraw our own deposit. We can get it set up as a joint authorization account, with these stipulations. Again you get all the authorizations, consents and approvals. Once that's all set we can raffle extra seats, I'm thinking between 4 to 6 of us. I will agree to cover all expenses for us to complete the journey from that point.

Again I am using real natural science to disprove the claims of the globe. All the globe has is beliefs and pseudoscience, nothing actually quantifiable, no practical demonstrations. All just assertions, assumptions.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes I agree that the atmosphere pressure decreases as you rise in altitude, yes it's a gradient. There is a greater density of gases near the surface, and the atmosphere gradient is based on temperature. We have denser gases near the surface, making the temperature higher, higher energies will move to lower energies.

Now I don't believe in space. But it is relevant, because it's a claim of the globe model. If you have pressure, even at zero, as you claim, it will still be a higher energy than the negative of a vacuum. The claim of the globe is that we have our atmosphere (pressurized) beside a vacuum (negative in pressure). You are making claims that this vacuum is also a gradient, so you will need to provide a practical demonstration of this, or it's just a belief.

I did not put words in your mouth, I asked a question. You were asking about how pressure is created in water, but we were discussing our pressurized atmosphere. Yes water and air can both be defined as fluids, but they hold very different principles and properties. If we are talking about 1 thing, then we should stick to the substances, principles and properties of that thing, rather than trying to use another example of something that displays totally different principles properties.

I have explained that the gradient is based on temperature, and the higher energy is moving up into the lower energy. The pressure isn't the same all through the atmosphere continuum, because the energy is decreasing. But again, the pressure of our atmosphere will still hold a higher energy than the negative of a vacuum.

I'll agree to any terms for our trip, if you don't want to fly we can sail and trek, it will be much harder tho traveling by foot. I can get a legal document all drawn up if your serious. I can get an account set up where we can both deposit $10k, our initial deposits will be protected and only we will be able to withdraw our own deposit. We can get it set up as a joint authorization account, with these stipulations. Again you get all the authorizations, consents and approvals. Once that's all set we can raffle extra seats, I'm thinking between 4 to 6 of us. I will agree to cover all expenses for us to complete the journey from that point.

Again I am using real natural science to disprove the claims of the globe. All the globe has is beliefs and pseudoscience, nothing actually quantifiable, no practical demonstrations. All just assertions, assumptions.

Would you be able to put up with me during a transpolar sail/trek?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hang on..... You don't believe in space?

How old are you Alpha and where are you from? Have you always been very gullible? What is above you when you look up at night, Is it just a massive projection then? Do you believe in night, day, seasons, Solar and lunar eclipses?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information