Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  179
Dislikes Dislikes:  11
Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 690

Thread: Is the earth flat?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #271
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,096
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1664
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    The fucking internet should be shut down.
    Why? Because people want to question claims using actual real science?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    This has 235 replies. @Alpha is the fricking man. I lost a little respect for him when he said I was lying about the talking monkeys but alpha is the frickin man


    So would that make you his next possible recruit? I hear it's like a pyramid scheme. The more you convert, the higher up in rank you go. I figure Alpha must be a Flat Earth Admiral by now or something. They could probably use a man with your sense of humor.

    I wonder if there are many Flat Earthers among the Scientology cult (serious question). I mean, both depend heavily on being able to brainwash people. Maybe there's a

    Flat Earth Cause Extended to Scientology (FECES) group out there.
    I'm an individual Tito and don't align myself with any groups or organizations. Those making money of the truth are in it for the wrong reasons. They have conferences and that type of crap, charging for what should be free. I just merely question the claims of the globe using science.

    Again I'm not trying to convert anyone, just providing the truth using science. I have always advised others to do their own research and decide for themselves.

    I do believe in a creator, but it is only a belief, because I have no empirical evidence to prove that belief. See the difference?

    Where as the earth is demonstrably level.

    So we have over 200 replies in this thread and no one has provided anything quantifiable for the globe, or anything scientific evidence for it. So where I can provide scientific proof that destroy the claims of the globe, all I have received are assertions and assumptions. Nothing based on science. So who is really brainwashed here?

    No measurable curvature.

    No scientific evidence that a body of water can conform to the exterior of a shape, or where we can observe this occurrence in the natural world?

    No scientific evidence that a gas can be created without a container, or where we can observe this occurrence in the natural world?

    No scientific evidence of the motion of the earth?

    No scientific evidence of mass attracting to mass in the natural world?

    But, but, but I saw pictures, I've seen it on TV.

    Come on, they say they have known the earth was a globe for over 2 thousand years, it should be easy to provide something quantifiable to prove the globe.

    Fuck off mate. Just fuck off out of it. You're talking to an actual rocket scientist. That's what I'm actually qualified to do anyway. None of these videos are in any way based on science. They're all made by a load of grifters who make money making bullshit videos to fool fucking morons on youtube. The internet ought to be fucking shut down.

    Another good reason to shut it down:

    https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/25/1...itions-arizona

  2. #272
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,414
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1638
    Cool Clicks

  3. #273
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,628
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    240
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Alpha you just entirely made up things that i am supposedly claiming in order to play pretend again.I never mentioned an ice wall so you obviously don't even understand the very basics of debating. All you have done is admit that actually not only do you believe in gravity but you like everyone else see how it demonstrates itself with water everyday.

    Of course water can curve, waves are motion, and droplets are caused due to surface tension. I have already explained adhesion, cohesion and meniscus. These are properties of water that we understand and can test. That's not the claim of the globe. The claim of the globe is that bodies of water can conform to the exterior of a shape. So where do we observe a body of water conforming to the exterior of a shape in the natural world? Are you trying to claim that a drop of water has the same properties as a body of water? Or that earth is a drop of water?


    You are trying to pretend that everyone else is as thick as pig shit in order to pretend you have an argument.The FACT is that because of gravity, water is pulled towards the centre of the spherical earth. That is precisely why it then fills the troughs and valleys on the surface of this globe. So you are using an argument for a spherical earth to play pretend.Just like the fucking tired old dog whistle to other fearthers

    "Water finds it's own level"


    That is not a scientific principle it is an old adage meaning like attracts like. Next you will be telling is that Sea Level proves the Earth is flat. "The claim of the globe is that bodies of water can conform to the exterior of a shape."
    That has never been the claim of anyone but you and some other very stupid people. Quite the reverse.
    The link you posted made a claim of an ice wall. It is a proven fact that a body of water will fill it's container and the surface will be flat/ level/ horizontal whatever term you want to use. This is observable and testable in the natural world. Bodies of water can not conform to the exterior of a shape. The claim is that earth is a sphere, that is covered in more than 70% of water. That is the official claim. And therefore, bodies of water (not droplets of small volume) would need to conform to the exterior of a shape.

    Again, show me where we can observe a body of water conforming to the exterior of a shape in the physical and natural world.

    The natural physics of water and other fluids to always find their level and remain flat. If disturbed in any way, motion ensues until the flat level is resumed. If dammed up then released, the nature of all liquids is to quickly flood outwards taking the easiest course towards finding its new level. This is observable and testable.

    And again you have mentioned gravity. So I'll ask again, where can we observe mass attracting to mass in the physical and natural world? And where did Newton observe this originally and what experiment did he perform to prove gravity?

    Again you failed to provide even 1 quantifiable proof or scientific evidence for the globe.

    You are the one also making false accusations, I am not trying to pretend anyone is a thick as pig sh-t. I am merely questioning the claims of the globe using real science and the scientific method.

    You also failed to provide the measurements for the globe at each mile in inches. You claimed the Pythagorean theorem was an ancient method for measuring the curvature, so provide your method and measurements.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    The fucking internet should be shut down.
    Why? Because people want to question claims using actual real science?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    This has 235 replies. @Alpha is the fricking man. I lost a little respect for him when he said I was lying about the talking monkeys but alpha is the frickin man


    So would that make you his next possible recruit? I hear it's like a pyramid scheme. The more you convert, the higher up in rank you go. I figure Alpha must be a Flat Earth Admiral by now or something. They could probably use a man with your sense of humor.

    I wonder if there are many Flat Earthers among the Scientology cult (serious question). I mean, both depend heavily on being able to brainwash people. Maybe there's a

    Flat Earth Cause Extended to Scientology (FECES) group out there.
    I'm an individual Tito and don't align myself with any groups or organizations. Those making money of the truth are in it for the wrong reasons. They have conferences and that type of crap, charging for what should be free. I just merely question the claims of the globe using science.

    Again I'm not trying to convert anyone, just providing the truth using science. I have always advised others to do their own research and decide for themselves.

    I do believe in a creator, but it is only a belief, because I have no empirical evidence to prove that belief. See the difference?

    Where as the earth is demonstrably level.

    So we have over 200 replies in this thread and no one has provided anything quantifiable for the globe, or anything scientific evidence for it. So where I can provide scientific proof that destroy the claims of the globe, all I have received are assertions and assumptions. Nothing based on science. So who is really brainwashed here?

    No measurable curvature.

    No scientific evidence that a body of water can conform to the exterior of a shape, or where we can observe this occurrence in the natural world?

    No scientific evidence that a gas can be created without a container, or where we can observe this occurrence in the natural world?

    No scientific evidence of the motion of the earth?

    No scientific evidence of mass attracting to mass in the natural world?

    But, but, but I saw pictures, I've seen it on TV.

    Come on, they say they have known the earth was a globe for over 2 thousand years, it should be easy to provide something quantifiable to prove the globe.

    Fuck off mate. Just fuck off out of it. You're talking to an actual rocket scientist. That's what I'm actually qualified to do anyway. None of these videos are in any way based on science. They're all made by a load of grifters who make money making bullshit videos to fool fucking morons on youtube. The internet ought to be fucking shut down.

    Another good reason to shut it down:

    https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/25/1...itions-arizona
    Great, then you should be able to explain to us where we can observe gas pressure being created without a container in the physical and natural world.
    They live, We sleep

  4. #274
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    12,605
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1035
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Alpha is a fucking retard.

  5. #275
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,414
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1638
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Alpha, if you're gonna be objective about it, you must notice certain things about how you've carried your argument thus far.


    a. You claim your beliefs to be fact, and you deride anyone who doesn't share them, saying we've been bamboozled and stuff like that. That's what most of us object to.

    b. You copy/paste the same definitions over and over again, as if by sheer repetition that somehow makes you more right than others.

    c. You ask questions and demand answers... and yet when questions are asked of you, you conveniently ignore them and continue parroting your own questions.

    d. You right off the cuff dismiss the hundreds of thousands of observations made by 3rd parties, lumping them into some sort of sinister conspiracy theory. Something on a scale that couldn't possibly be pulled off by so many people.

    e. You continuously regurgitate the same statements/questions over and over and over again. A good example is the air pressure thing, which I pulverized into the ground and yet you keep parroting the container thing like a broken record. You basically ignored everything I explained to you about the matter.


    I'll make a break here, to ask you about air pressure. Exactly what do YOU believe is the continuum or gradient of air pressure as you go up in altitude. Surely you believe instrumentation which measures gauge pressure at any altitude, right? Or are you going to parrot the container wall thing again for the millionth time. This is typical Flat Earther strategy. Refuse to answer questions and continue asking your own questions, as in a trance. On that regard, it's pretty much like any cult.


    f. You say things that aren't scientifically based. "Water can curve"..... "waves are motion"..... WTF is that?? Honestly, it's a very simplistic way of talking about water, if you ask me. Sounds like something from a 3rd grade science class.... no offense.

    g. You yourself have admitted to not knowing how certain FE claims are supposed to work, like the rotating Sun above the Earth, with no explainable force holding it in its circular pattern. And if you are honest, you'll admit the daylight/nighttime explanation given by FE'ers doesn't wash.



    There's more... but you get the idea. Serious question: Are all FE'ers like you that you know of? Or are some actually open to beliefs other than their own? I've always felt that an intelligent human being should be open to changing his/her mind about something if presented with good counter arguments. You can't go around parroting things over and over again and expect an understanding audience.

    Finally I'll leave you with this.

    A big deal for you is the water. You don't believe in gravity, and yet you continuously attempt to scientifically explain why water settles at its lowest point. You describe the phenomenon, but offer no explanation as to why. Simply stating that water drops to its lowest point isn't an explanation. It's an attempt to sound scientific without offering a real, plausible explanation. Nothing on Earth moves without an acting force. Being a smart guy you know that already. So why do things fall at all? Why does water settle at its lowest point? Why does Earth's atmosphere stay close to the surface, creating that pressure gradient you apparently deny. () Why indeed? Gravity. If there's another force other than gravity, prove it. Let's have YOU doing some of the proving for a change. Like I've said before, the onus is on you to prove the Earth is flat. So far NOTHING you've ever said proves it. Observations of pools of water do nothing to prove it.

    And finally....... I only answer questions once. You laughably want me to confirm to you the answer I first gave you regarding two objects dropped at the same time?? Try providing some answers of your own, instead of the constant parroting and regurgitation.

    A final thought is that FE Conferences could use guest speakers dealing with the art of arguing. If you're a typical FE'er, you are all so fucking BAD at it.

  6. #276
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,628
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    240
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Alpha is a fucking retard.
    Haha lol, still nothing quantifiable for your religious globe belief dogma. And sending me a rep to consider suicide shows what a piece of shit you are. Projecting much? Have another drink cupcake.

    [QUOTE=TitoFan;1513422]Alpha, if you're gonna be objective about it, you must notice certain things about how you've carried your argument thus far.
    a. You claim your beliefs to be fact, and you deride anyone who doesn't share them, saying we've been bamboozled and stuff like that. That's what most of us object to.

    I have no care at all if anyone agrees with what I know to be true, proven with science. I have always said that others should do their own research and decide for themselves. All I get from others is assertions, but nothing quantifiable or any scientific evidence.

    b. You copy/paste the same definitions over and over again, as if by sheer repetition that somehow makes you more right than others.

    I repeat the same definitions because they are either being ignored or not understood. Repeating them doesn't it make it right, science and the scientific method makes them right.

    c. You ask questions and demand answers... and yet when questions are asked of you, you conveniently ignore them and continue parroting your own questions.

    I am only asking questions of the globe claims that we were all taught. I am happy to answer questions, but if it's unfalsifiable, like say the sky where we can't go up there to test, and it doesn't give us anything quantifiable for the ground beneath our feet, then it's irrelevant.

    d. You right off the cuff dismiss the hundreds of thousands of observations made by 3rd parties, lumping them into some sort of sinister conspiracy theory. Something on a scale that couldn't possibly be pulled off by so many people.

    Just because it's the consensus, doesn't mean it's right. I will dismiss things that are more pseudoscience rather than proven science.

    e. You continuously regurgitate the same statements/questions over and over and over again. A good example is the air pressure thing, which I pulverized into the ground and yet you keep parroting the container thing like a broken record. You basically ignored everything I explained to you about the matter.

    You didn't pulverize anything. Gandalf is right, you complete disregard facts.

    I'll make a break here, to ask you about air pressure. Exactly what do YOU believe is the continuum or gradient of air pressure as you go up in altitude. Surely you believe instrumentation which measures gauge pressure at any altitude, right? Or are you going to parrot the container wall thing again for the millionth time. This is typical Flat Earther strategy. Refuse to answer questions and continue asking your own questions, as in a trance. On that regard, it's pretty much like any cult.

    I have explained that differences in atmospheric pressure is based mainly on temperature, but weather also contributes, hot air will rise, cool air will sink, this causes denser gas to be near the surface.

    I'm sorry but I will have to repeat some parts here, the claim of the globe is that we have a pressurized gaseous atmosphere. Now the pressure of a gas is the force that the gas exerts on the walls of its container. So the question is how do we have this pressurized atmosphere without a container? Science is the study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment. But we can't observe or experiment with this in reality, the first step in the scientific method is also to make an observation. Again, we can't observe a gas pressure being created in reality without a container.
    They live, We sleep

  7. #277
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,628
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    240
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    f. You say things that aren't scientifically based. "Water can curve"..... "waves are motion"..... WTF is that?? Honestly, it's a very simplistic way of talking about water, if you ask me. Sounds like something from a 3rd grade science class.... no offense.

    Water has some amazing physical characteristics. It's the only natural chemical substance that can be a liquid, a gas and a solid within earth temperature range I believe. There is actually a heap to study with water. But yes it can curve, hold a balloon to a tap, the water will curve around it. I thought this quote explained my point perfectly though:

    “The upper surface of a fluid at rest is a horizontal plane. Because if a part of the surface were higher than the rest, those parts of the fluid which were under it would exert a greater pressure upon the surrounding parts than they receive from them, so that motion would take place amongst the particles and continue until there were none at a higher level than the rest, that is, until the upper surface of the whole mass of fluid became a horizontal plane.” -W.T. Lynn, “First Principles of Natural Philosophy”


    g. You yourself have admitted to not knowing how certain FE claims are supposed to work, like the rotating Sun above the Earth, with no explainable force holding it in its circular pattern. And if you are honest, you'll admit the daylight/nighttime explanation given by FE'ers doesn't wash.

    Not knowing how the celestial bodies in the sky work is unfalsifiable, everything in the sky can not be falsified, you and I can't get up there to test our theories and prove for it for ourselves. But it doesn't detract from the testable and tangible stuff that we can see, the tangible stuff we can falsify. The stuff we can look at for ourselves, experiment for ourselves. It also doesn't mean that the heliocentric model doesn't have major flaws.

    There's more... but you get the idea. Serious question: Are all FE'ers like you that you know of? Or are some actually open to beliefs other than their own? I've always felt that an intelligent human being should be open to changing his/her mind about something if presented with good counter arguments. You can't go around parroting things over and over again and expect an understanding audience.

    I'm not sure what you mean open to beliefs other than their own, I was taught the exact same things as you were. I believed the exact same things you currently do. I did change my mind, when I actually researched the claims of the globe that I was taught. I'm not after an understanding audience, if I was presented with quantifiable or scientific evidence, I would have no other choice than to accept that proof.

    Finally I'll leave you with this.

    A big deal for you is the water. You don't believe in gravity, and yet you continuously attempt to scientifically explain why water settles at its lowest point. You describe the phenomenon, but offer no explanation as to why. Simply stating that water drops to its lowest point isn't an explanation. It's an attempt to sound scientific without offering a real, plausible explanation. Nothing on Earth moves without an acting force. Being a smart guy you know that already. So why do things fall at all? Why does water settle at its lowest point? Why does Earth's atmosphere stay close to the surface, creating that pressure gradient you apparently deny. () Why indeed? Gravity. If there's another force other than gravity, prove it. Let's have YOU doing some of the proving for a change. Like I've said before, the onus is on you to prove the Earth is flat. So far NOTHING you've ever said proves it. Observations of pools of water do nothing to prove it.

    Sorry I'll have to repeat this quote in regards to water and it settles at it's lowest point:

    “The upper surface of a fluid at rest is a horizontal plane. Because if a part of the surface were higher than the rest, those parts of the fluid which were under it would exert a greater pressure upon the surrounding parts than they receive from them, so that motion would take place amongst the particles and continue until there were none at a higher level than the rest, that is, until the upper surface of the whole mass of fluid became a horizontal plane.” -W.T. Lynn, “First Principles of Natural Philosophy”

    You'll also need to study classics physics and hydrodynamics to understand how water flows. It's very difficult to explain thoroughly here. The simple form of motion is called "laminar flow".

    Now you claim gravity, mass attracting to mass right? But you are putting the cart before the horse. Making an assertion that it's gravity, is not proof of gravity. As I have mentioned science is the study of the natural world through observation and experiment. So I have to ask where do we observe mass attracting to mass in the natural world? And again the first step of the scientific method. I don't mean to repeat things, but it needs to be asked what experiment proved gravity?

    The onus is not on me to prove FE, that's a logical fallacy, I have made no other claims other than questioning the globe and that the earth is demonstrably level, based on no measurable curvature and the natural physics of water. All the claims are being made by the globe model and the official narrative. So the onus is on those that believe those claims to prove them.


    And finally....... I only answer questions once. You laughably want me to confirm to you the answer I first gave you regarding two objects dropped at the same time?? Try providing some answers of your own, instead of the constant parroting and regurgitation.

    I only wanted to confirm your answer that both substances would fall, because if I had 1 pound of lead, and 1 pound of helium in a balloon, then your answer that they would both fall wouldn't hold true. But whatever.

    A final thought is that FE Conferences could use guest speakers dealing with the art of arguing. If you're a typical FE'er, you are all so fucking BAD at it.[/QUOTE]

    I wouldn't attend any FE conference, the truth should be free. Those charging people, just to tell them the earth is flat are worse than shills in my opinion.

    And again I'm only questioning the claims of the globe, by using science and the scientific method.

    Anyway I'm done with the site, P4Pking's last rep comment about considering suicide was the last straw and has ruined it for me here, the poor guys lost, hopefully he find his own peace.

    So thanks everyone, I enjoyed my time here, take care, and enjoy the fights. Peace.
    Last edited by Alpha; 02-28-2019 at 05:09 AM.

  8. #278
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,915
    Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2821
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Take care Alpha, considering you were greatly outnumbered by ball-earthers you fought your corner with distinction. I make it a draw.

    One day you'll all meet in a rocket to fly to the moon... then wake up in a tank of jelly on the Millennium Falcon.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  9. #279
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,414
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1638
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    4872: Attempt to convince a Flat Earther that the Earth is not flat. - CHECK

  10. #280
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,096
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1664
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Alpha you just entirely made up things that i am supposedly claiming in order to play pretend again.I never mentioned an ice wall so you obviously don't even understand the very basics of debating. All you have done is admit that actually not only do you believe in gravity but you like everyone else see how it demonstrates itself with water everyday.

    Of course water can curve, waves are motion, and droplets are caused due to surface tension. I have already explained adhesion, cohesion and meniscus. These are properties of water that we understand and can test. That's not the claim of the globe. The claim of the globe is that bodies of water can conform to the exterior of a shape. So where do we observe a body of water conforming to the exterior of a shape in the natural world? Are you trying to claim that a drop of water has the same properties as a body of water? Or that earth is a drop of water?


    You are trying to pretend that everyone else is as thick as pig shit in order to pretend you have an argument.The FACT is that because of gravity, water is pulled towards the centre of the spherical earth. That is precisely why it then fills the troughs and valleys on the surface of this globe. So you are using an argument for a spherical earth to play pretend.Just like the fucking tired old dog whistle to other fearthers

    "Water finds it's own level"


    That is not a scientific principle it is an old adage meaning like attracts like. Next you will be telling is that Sea Level proves the Earth is flat. "The claim of the globe is that bodies of water can conform to the exterior of a shape."
    That has never been the claim of anyone but you and some other very stupid people. Quite the reverse.
    The link you posted made a claim of an ice wall. It is a proven fact that a body of water will fill it's container and the surface will be flat/ level/ horizontal whatever term you want to use. This is observable and testable in the natural world. Bodies of water can not conform to the exterior of a shape. The claim is that earth is a sphere, that is covered in more than 70% of water. That is the official claim. And therefore, bodies of water (not droplets of small volume) would need to conform to the exterior of a shape.

    Again, show me where we can observe a body of water conforming to the exterior of a shape in the physical and natural world.

    The natural physics of water and other fluids to always find their level and remain flat. If disturbed in any way, motion ensues until the flat level is resumed. If dammed up then released, the nature of all liquids is to quickly flood outwards taking the easiest course towards finding its new level. This is observable and testable.

    And again you have mentioned gravity. So I'll ask again, where can we observe mass attracting to mass in the physical and natural world? And where did Newton observe this originally and what experiment did he perform to prove gravity?

    Again you failed to provide even 1 quantifiable proof or scientific evidence for the globe.

    You are the one also making false accusations, I am not trying to pretend anyone is a thick as pig sh-t. I am merely questioning the claims of the globe using real science and the scientific method.

    You also failed to provide the measurements for the globe at each mile in inches. You claimed the Pythagorean theorem was an ancient method for measuring the curvature, so provide your method and measurements.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    The fucking internet should be shut down.
    Why? Because people want to question claims using actual real science?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    This has 235 replies. @Alpha is the fricking man. I lost a little respect for him when he said I was lying about the talking monkeys but alpha is the frickin man


    So would that make you his next possible recruit? I hear it's like a pyramid scheme. The more you convert, the higher up in rank you go. I figure Alpha must be a Flat Earth Admiral by now or something. They could probably use a man with your sense of humor.

    I wonder if there are many Flat Earthers among the Scientology cult (serious question). I mean, both depend heavily on being able to brainwash people. Maybe there's a

    Flat Earth Cause Extended to Scientology (FECES) group out there.
    I'm an individual Tito and don't align myself with any groups or organizations. Those making money of the truth are in it for the wrong reasons. They have conferences and that type of crap, charging for what should be free. I just merely question the claims of the globe using science.

    Again I'm not trying to convert anyone, just providing the truth using science. I have always advised others to do their own research and decide for themselves.

    I do believe in a creator, but it is only a belief, because I have no empirical evidence to prove that belief. See the difference?

    Where as the earth is demonstrably level.

    So we have over 200 replies in this thread and no one has provided anything quantifiable for the globe, or anything scientific evidence for it. So where I can provide scientific proof that destroy the claims of the globe, all I have received are assertions and assumptions. Nothing based on science. So who is really brainwashed here?

    No measurable curvature.

    No scientific evidence that a body of water can conform to the exterior of a shape, or where we can observe this occurrence in the natural world?

    No scientific evidence that a gas can be created without a container, or where we can observe this occurrence in the natural world?

    No scientific evidence of the motion of the earth?

    No scientific evidence of mass attracting to mass in the natural world?

    But, but, but I saw pictures, I've seen it on TV.

    Come on, they say they have known the earth was a globe for over 2 thousand years, it should be easy to provide something quantifiable to prove the globe.

    Fuck off mate. Just fuck off out of it. You're talking to an actual rocket scientist. That's what I'm actually qualified to do anyway. None of these videos are in any way based on science. They're all made by a load of grifters who make money making bullshit videos to fool fucking morons on youtube. The internet ought to be fucking shut down.

    Another good reason to shut it down:

    https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/25/1...itions-arizona
    Great, then you should be able to explain to us where we can observe gas pressure being created without a container in the physical and natural world.
    If you didn't have gas-pressure-that's-not-in-a-container acting on you right now you'd expand and explode.

    If the earth is flat how come it isn't daylight/nighttime at the same time everywhere on the disc? How do GPS systems work?

  11. #281
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,582
    Mentioned
    603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    578
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Alpha you just entirely made up things that i am supposedly claiming in order to play pretend again.I never mentioned an ice wall so you obviously don't even understand the very basics of debating. All you have done is admit that actually not only do you believe in gravity but you like everyone else see how it demonstrates itself with water everyday.

    Of course water can curve, waves are motion, and droplets are caused due to surface tension. I have already explained adhesion, cohesion and meniscus. These are properties of water that we understand and can test. That's not the claim of the globe. The claim of the globe is that bodies of water can conform to the exterior of a shape. So where do we observe a body of water conforming to the exterior of a shape in the natural world? Are you trying to claim that a drop of water has the same properties as a body of water? Or that earth is a drop of water?


    You are trying to pretend that everyone else is as thick as pig shit in order to pretend you have an argument.The FACT is that because of gravity, water is pulled towards the centre of the spherical earth. That is precisely why it then fills the troughs and valleys on the surface of this globe. So you are using an argument for a spherical earth to play pretend.Just like the fucking tired old dog whistle to other fearthers

    "Water finds it's own level"


    That is not a scientific principle it is an old adage meaning like attracts like. Next you will be telling is that Sea Level proves the Earth is flat. "The claim of the globe is that bodies of water can conform to the exterior of a shape."
    That has never been the claim of anyone but you and some other very stupid people. Quite the reverse.
    The link you posted made a claim of an ice wall. It is a proven fact that a body of water will fill it's container and the surface will be flat/ level/ horizontal whatever term you want to use. This is observable and testable in the natural world. Bodies of water can not conform to the exterior of a shape. The claim is that earth is a sphere, that is covered in more than 70% of water. That is the official claim. And therefore, bodies of water (not droplets of small volume) would need to conform to the exterior of a shape.

    Again, show me where we can observe a body of water conforming to the exterior of a shape in the physical and natural world.

    The natural physics of water and other fluids to always find their level and remain flat. If disturbed in any way, motion ensues until the flat level is resumed. If dammed up then released, the nature of all liquids is to quickly flood outwards taking the easiest course towards finding its new level. This is observable and testable.

    And again you have mentioned gravity. So I'll ask again, where can we observe mass attracting to mass in the physical and natural world? And where did Newton observe this originally and what experiment did he perform to prove gravity?

    Again you failed to provide even 1 quantifiable proof or scientific evidence for the globe.

    You are the one also making false accusations, I am not trying to pretend anyone is a thick as pig sh-t. I am merely questioning the claims of the globe using real science and the scientific method.

    You also failed to provide the measurements for the globe at each mile in inches. You claimed the Pythagorean theorem was an ancient method for measuring the curvature, so provide your method and measurements.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    The fucking internet should be shut down.
    Why? Because people want to question claims using actual real science?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    This has 235 replies. @Alpha is the fricking man. I lost a little respect for him when he said I was lying about the talking monkeys but alpha is the frickin man


    So would that make you his next possible recruit? I hear it's like a pyramid scheme. The more you convert, the higher up in rank you go. I figure Alpha must be a Flat Earth Admiral by now or something. They could probably use a man with your sense of humor.

    I wonder if there are many Flat Earthers among the Scientology cult (serious question). I mean, both depend heavily on being able to brainwash people. Maybe there's a

    Flat Earth Cause Extended to Scientology (FECES) group out there.
    I'm an individual Tito and don't align myself with any groups or organizations. Those making money of the truth are in it for the wrong reasons. They have conferences and that type of crap, charging for what should be free. I just merely question the claims of the globe using science.

    Again I'm not trying to convert anyone, just providing the truth using science. I have always advised others to do their own research and decide for themselves.

    I do believe in a creator, but it is only a belief, because I have no empirical evidence to prove that belief. See the difference?

    Where as the earth is demonstrably level.

    So we have over 200 replies in this thread and no one has provided anything quantifiable for the globe, or anything scientific evidence for it. So where I can provide scientific proof that destroy the claims of the globe, all I have received are assertions and assumptions. Nothing based on science. So who is really brainwashed here?

    No measurable curvature.

    No scientific evidence that a body of water can conform to the exterior of a shape, or where we can observe this occurrence in the natural world?

    No scientific evidence that a gas can be created without a container, or where we can observe this occurrence in the natural world?

    No scientific evidence of the motion of the earth?

    No scientific evidence of mass attracting to mass in the natural world?

    But, but, but I saw pictures, I've seen it on TV.

    Come on, they say they have known the earth was a globe for over 2 thousand years, it should be easy to provide something quantifiable to prove the globe.

    Fuck off mate. Just fuck off out of it. You're talking to an actual rocket scientist. That's what I'm actually qualified to do anyway. None of these videos are in any way based on science. They're all made by a load of grifters who make money making bullshit videos to fool fucking morons on youtube. The internet ought to be fucking shut down.

    Another good reason to shut it down:

    https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/25/1...itions-arizona
    Great, then you should be able to explain to us where we can observe gas pressure being created without a container in the physical and natural world.
    If you didn't have gas-pressure-that's-not-in-a-container acting on you right now you'd expand and explode.

    If the earth is flat how come it isn't daylight/nighttime at the same time everywhere on the disc? How do GPS systems work?
    Kirk you are late to the party these questions have been asked fifty times why aren’t you watching your favorite liar testify about trump. Cohen is good if u need a cab as well
    Last edited by walrus; 02-28-2019 at 11:21 PM.

  12. #282
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,414
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1638
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Alpha's gone guys. I know because I saw him delete his account and shut off his computer, all with the aid of an ultra-high-powered telescope which allows me to see anywhere on Earth from where I live.

    Hey wait a minute..... maybe the Earth is flat after all.

  13. #283
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,582
    Mentioned
    603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    578
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    What, so @Alpha is gone? So we lost alpha, finto, paxtom, Brock, miles and beanz. Wtf is going on.

  14. #284
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,414
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1638
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Took us a while to lose Finito.

    I think those popped collars had an integrated tracking device.

  15. #285
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Up in the attic
    Posts
    26,426
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3870
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    If its flat:
    1. How is it that the earth makes a spherical shadow on the moon on a lunar eclipse?2. How is it that you cannot see Mt Everest from a telescope from anywhere on earth?3. How is it that we cannot see Japan or even Hawaii form any telescope from California? 4. How is it that some places are light/dark for 24+ hours to months?5. How is it that the sun sets below the horizon every night?6. Why does a hurricane deflect to the right on the north side of the equator and on the south side of the equator they deflect to the left?7. The stars at night change depending on where you are at. Orion is upside down if you are in Australia, how can that be possible on a flatearth?
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

    I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. flat footed
    By fightingforever in forum Ask the Trainer
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 01:41 PM
  2. Does your house/flat have a name...?
    By smashup in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 06:30 PM
  3. My Flat
    By beds in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-23-2006, 02:19 AM
  4. My flat was burgled last night....
    By Mark TKO in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-14-2006, 01:39 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing