Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is the earth flat?

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    So we are in The Sims. But why could they not have made a circular globe as part of the game design? It is more complicated but gaming has come on leaps and bounds.
    Not sure if you are trying to strawman or not, I didn't bring up the Sims here, my enquiry is into the affirmative claim that we have all been born into and taught that we live on a globe. When I applied my attention to the globe model, I found it was pseudoscience. It was an image backed by sophisticated language, thats it, it's not an objective truth.
    The man is back
    Hi Walrus, I'm a man (but not the man), just an individual on my own personal journey of knowledge. Hope things are good with you.

So we are in The Sims. But why could they not have made a circular globe as part of the game design? It is more complicated but gaming has come on leaps and bounds.
    Not sure if you are trying to strawman or not, I didn't bring up the Sims here, my enquiry is into the affirmative claim that we have all been born into and taught that we live on a globe. When I applied my attention to the globe model, I found it was pseudoscience. It was an image backed by sophisticated language, thats it, it's not an objective truth.
    It was a thinking out loud thing. I have heard theories that this is some kind of simulation and if it is all flat, I just wonder about the game design. Why does the moon look round though? And why do all the stars appear to be circular? And the sun? Then again I think back to The Lion King and they are of course just shiny things stuck on the black thing up there, but they do seem to rotate it all in a very clever fashion don't they. We have the timing of the simulation down such as with sun rises, moon shapes, and all of that and here we are on the flat earth. I just wonder about the programmers.
    All good buddy, I don't take you as the sort to resort to strawman arguments. Simulation is an interesting theory, especially when you look at things like the double-slit experiment or that they say we find computer code in the fabric of the cosmos. It's a theory that I have spectulated over previously myself. Even in our reality, I couldn't tell you what the moon is. We have spherical eyes but can only see in 2D. There is a major difference between visual and physical/ tangible
    phenomena. I have said this before, but looking at the sky gives nothing quantifiable for the shape of the earth. Practical demonstrations, using tangible substances in our reality is how we prove whether something is true or not to one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Why when the rocket or space station looks back down on Earth, the earth is round in all. Photos?
    Have you been to space or on the ISS? You have to have faith that what they are telling you is true. Would you accept an image as proof of something if someone was claiming it to be true? Objective reality, natural science and practical demonstration using tangible substance, show the globe to only be a concept.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dude by using your argument have you been to Japan or have you been to Australia or have you been to Brazil? so since you did not see those countries with your own eyes are you saying that those countries do not exist?

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dude by using your argument have you been to Japan or have you been to Australia or have you been to Brazil? so since you did not see those countries with your own eyes are you saying that those countries do not exist?
    You said earth looks round in pictures. I asked if you would accept images as proof.

I have been to Australia and other locations but not Japan or Brazil. But I can guarantee to you that the physics of water are the same at those locations as they are at every other location on this terra firma. You can test the substance for yourself. If you believe water does something different than what I observe and can repeat, then you will have to provide a practical demonstration of a standing body of water, naturally conforming to the exterior of a shape to prove your belief is an objective truth.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So you believe an image of Japan? And you believed in image of Brazil? But you have not even been there you just admitted

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So you believe an image of Japan? And you believed in image of Brazil? But you have not even been there you just admitted
    What claims did I make about Japan or Brazil? You are using strawman arguments.

What has Japan and Brazil got to do with the shape of the earth?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey Alpha. Good to see you back. I see you have some new debaters.

Been there done that..... and how can I put this......

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Hey Alpha. Good to see you back. I see you have some new debaters.

Been there done that..... and how can I put this......

Hey Tito, how you been? Hope you are doing well.

Objective reality is not up for debate, but I can discuss.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haven’t you heard of photoshop

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You missed the point completely. You said that one cannot believe an image if one had not seen it with their own eyes. Therefore how can you believe an image of Japan or Brazil if you have not seen it with your own eyes?

Answer that

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You missed the point completely. You said that one cannot believe an image if one had not seen it with their own eyes. Therefore how can you believe an image of Japan or Brazil if you have not seen it with your own eyes?

Answer that
    No I understand that you are trying to use strawman arguments. I asked if you accept images as proof, since you brought up images from space. Images can be manipulated, I prefer to trust natural science and practical demonstration using tangible substance.

So again, how does Japan and Brazil prove a globe?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Answer that
    No I understand that you are trying to use strawman arguments. I asked if you accept images as proof, since you brought up images from space. Images can be manipulated, I prefer to trust natural science and practical demonstration using tangible substance.

I'm asking you if you accept images of Japan and Brazil as proof that Japan and Brazil really exist.

Answer that. Yes or no.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Answer that

I'm asking you if you accept images of Japan and Brazil as proof that Japan and Brazil really exist.

Answer that. Yes or no.
    The question is not relevant to the shape of the earth, why do you continue to strawman?

How does a photo of Japan and Brazil prove a globe?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You did not answer my question.

Yes or no.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes or no.
    Are you discussing the claims of the globe?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes or no.
    Are you discussing the claims of the globe?
    No my friend. just forget about the globe for a minute and answer my question which is not related to the globe.

Thread Information