679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is the earth flat?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Alpha how can you trust the physics without using your eyes? And if you are going to trust your eyes in order to determine what physics is then why don't you trust your eyes when you see that the curvature of the shadow of the Earth on the moon during an eclipse is round?
    Why do you continue to misrepresent me?

I pointed out the difference between visible and physical phenomena.

I also said our senses can be fooled. This is a fact. I never said our senses are fooled 100% of the time.

I never said we can't use our eyes to observe stuff, but that is exactly what is it, visual. Now when we test the tangible substances, using experiments, we learn to understand the physics of that substance.

All I see is a shadow passing infront of something. But the physics of water show that there can be no curvature.

It should be easy for you then to provide a physical practical demonstration of a standing body of water with the surface naturally bending. But I'm still waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Oh I see? so you only believe your eyes when looking through certain instruments but you don't believe your eyes when looking through other instruments. How perfectly logical.
    I trust the science (physics).

If I knew all that, I would be one of the ones in control and I'd be pushing the globe model. I have said I don't know the true shape of the land is, as we are not free to explore it. If you are not happy with that answer, then that's on you.

I have already said that more land and resources, power, confining and controlling the population could be reasons to hide the truth from us. Think about it this way (and this is just my speculations here, I'm not claiming it to be fact or true). If you were part of the 'elites' and you had found extra land or resources, would you really want everyone else turning up to help themselves?

Some pilots are lying, others are speaking the truth. It is the same with 'scientists'. They want to keep their jobs and funding and not rock the boat. It's like social conditioning. No one wants to appear different. Like those socail experiments in a waiting room, with everyone standing up at the tone, and unsuspecting individuals just going along with it because everyone else is, preferring to follow the herd, than think for themselves.
    Which ones are telling the truth. Out of every pilot who flies. Have you heard any. Are others threatened to keep quiet. Such a vast conspiracy involving 100,000 of thousands, I hate to say it but my wife is obviously involved as she has trained astronauts on the use of new tech and has been involved in math and coding used for space travel. How many pilots are actually honest?
    There are plenty of pilots talking about it. Go do some research. Some I have talked to were threatened with losing their jobs. All these agencies are compartmentalize. Your wife is just doing her job, just like any of us, if we are not at the top we are basically unaware of the true goings on, and math is a formal science. I would speculate that it would only be a few at the very top who actually know all the details.
    Ok alpha I guess you don’t want to answer my questions or provide your theories that is all I was looking for but it’s all good we do what we do. I’ll leave it alone on that stuff
    F-ck me, I have gone out of my way to provide some of my speculations and theories. I've told you that I think there may be more land and resources, I gave you several reasons as to why 'elites' would lie, I have told you there are pilots speaking out, I've told you that not everyone needs to be involved. When you haven't even bothered to agree to first principles because you were "tired".
    I was tired of you casting people off as scarecrow questions when they asked you about and edge. If the world is flat there would be an edge. You will never give an idea on the lay of the land. All the leaks you refer to must have included what it is.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alpha when you test the tangible substance using experiments you are using your eyes to see what the results are of those experiments. That means that is also visual.
    You obviously don't understand the difference between visual and physical. When we test the substance, we observe it's physical properties.

Alpha how can you trust the physics without using your eyes? And if you are going to trust your eyes in order to determine what physics is then why don't you trust your eyes when you see that the curvature of the shadow of the Earth on the moon during an eclipse is round?

I also said our senses can be fooled. This is a fact. I never said our senses are fooled 100% of the time.

I never said we can't use our eyes to observe stuff, but that is exactly what is it, visual. Now when we test the tangible substances, using experiments, we learn to understand the physics of that substance.

All I see is a shadow passing infront of something. But the physics of water show that there can be no curvature.

It should be easy for you then to provide a physical practical demonstration of a standing body of water with the surface naturally bending. But I'm still waiting.

Oh I see? so you only believe your eyes when looking through certain instruments but you don't believe your eyes when looking through other instruments. How perfectly logical.

If I knew all that, I would be one of the ones in control and I'd be pushing the globe model. I have said I don't know the true shape of the land is, as we are not free to explore it. If you are not happy with that answer, then that's on you.

I have already said that more land and resources, power, confining and controlling the population could be reasons to hide the truth from us. Think about it this way (and this is just my speculations here, I'm not claiming it to be fact or true). If you were part of the 'elites' and you had found extra land or resources, would you really want everyone else turning up to help themselves?

Some pilots are lying, others are speaking the truth. It is the same with 'scientists'. They want to keep their jobs and funding and not rock the boat. It's like social conditioning. No one wants to appear different. Like those socail experiments in a waiting room, with everyone standing up at the tone, and unsuspecting individuals just going along with it because everyone else is, preferring to follow the herd, than think for themselves.
    Which ones are telling the truth. Out of every pilot who flies. Have you heard any. Are others threatened to keep quiet. Such a vast conspiracy involving 100,000 of thousands, I hate to say it but my wife is obviously involved as she has trained astronauts on the use of new tech and has been involved in math and coding used for space travel. How many pilots are actually honest?
    There are plenty of pilots talking about it. Go do some research. Some I have talked to were threatened with losing their jobs. All these agencies are compartmentalize. Your wife is just doing her job, just like any of us, if we are not at the top we are basically unaware of the true goings on, and math is a formal science. I would speculate that it would only be a few at the very top who actually know all the details.
    Ok alpha I guess you don’t want to answer my questions or provide your theories that is all I was looking for but it’s all good we do what we do. I’ll leave it alone on that stuff
    F-ck me, I have gone out of my way to provide some of my speculations and theories. I've told you that I think there may be more land and resources, I gave you several reasons as to why 'elites' would lie, I have told you there are pilots speaking out, I've told you that not everyone needs to be involved. When you haven't even bothered to agree to first principles because you were "tired".
    I was tired of you casting people off as scarecrow questions when they asked you about and edge. If the world is flat there would be an edge. You will never give an idea on the lay of the land. All the leaks you refer to must have included what it is.
    Then by your logic space must have an edge. They tell us the universe is flat right? (Although they are now changing the story). So where's the edge of space?

I have said many times that there could be more land, or that an infinite plane could also be an idea. You want me to make assumptions, but are unhappy that I won't.

I am presenting actual science, and you seem to prefer to have some sort of authority tell you stuff. The leaks that I refer to are people questioning the globe model and the 'science' used in establishing it. Go find all the 'leaks; you want, I'll stick to science.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Alpha;1534383]
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    When you used a spirit level tool on your ‘shelf’, it would confirm if in fact it was level.
    Spirit levels are funny things right? Fluid, curved around a bubble, they work due to a slight curvature that cant be seen with the naked eye. Couldn't make it up.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alpha when you test the tangible substance using experiments you are using your eyes to see what the results are of those experiments. That means that is also visual.
    @Alpha Croquets

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You obviously don't understand the difference between visual and physical. When we test the substance, we observe it's physical properties.

Then by your logic space must have an edge. They tell us the universe is flat right? (Although they are now changing the story). So where's the edge of space?

I have said many times that there could be more land, or that an infinite plane could also be an idea. You want me to make assumptions, but are unhappy that I won't.

I am presenting actual science, and you seem to prefer to have some sort of authority tell you stuff. The leaks that I refer to are people questioning the globe model and the 'science' used in establishing it. Go find all the 'leaks; you want, I'll stick to science.
    I never said the earth was flat. People are trying to figure out what you are saying. I would think one of your ideas is the earth is flat. So now you are saying it’s endlessly flat and has no edge if in fact it’s flat.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Alpha Croquets
    Cricket

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Memphis;1534469]
    When you used a spirit level tool on your ‘shelf’, it would confirm if in fact it was level.
    Spirit levels are funny things right? Fluid, curved around a bubble, they work due to a slight curvature that cant be seen with the naked eye. Couldn't make it up.
    Nothing "funny' about them at all. We understand the physics of the substance which is why we used it in construction for so long. Curvature can't be detected by the eye or proven by testing and experimenting with the tangible substance. That's the very definition of Pseudoscience. Sounds similar to a religious belief to me. Keep that faith.

@Alpha Croquets
    Still nothing practical?

I never said the earth was flat. People are trying to figure out what you are saying. I would think one of your ideas is the earth is flat. So now you are saying it’s endlessly flat and has no edge if in fact it’s flat.
    You said "If the world is flat there would be an edge", and I said "Then by your logic space must have an edge. They tell us the universe is flat right? (Although they are now changing the story). So where's the edge of space?

I have said the earth is demostrably level, proven by the physics of tangible substances in this reality.

Why are you being so intellectually dishonest? You wanted some of my ideas and theories, so I gave you some. I'm not saying it IS infinite, or that there isn't an edge. These are just ideas and speculations. This is why I'm against maps and models, because people like you fail to understand that they are just that, theories and speculations, and try to attack them, instead of dealing with the actual science.

So if you have been to this edge then tell us all about it. I'll stick with science. And if you ever find anything practical, using the tangible substances, let me know. I won't hold my breath.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Alpha;1534489]
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Nothing "funny' about them at all. We understand the physics of the substance which is why we used it in construction for so long. Curvature can't be detected by the eye or proven by testing and experimenting with the tangible substance. That's the very definition of Pseudoscience. Sounds similar to a religious belief to me. Keep that faith.

@Alpha Croquets
    Still nothing practical?

You said "If the world is flat there would be an edge", and I said "Then by your logic space must have an edge. They tell us the universe is flat right? (Although they are now changing the story). So where's the edge of space?

I have said the earth is demostrably level, proven by the physics of tangible substances in this reality.

Why are you being so intellectually dishonest? You wanted some of my ideas and theories, so I gave you some. I'm not saying it IS infinite, or that there isn't an edge. These are just ideas and speculations. This is why I'm against maps and models, because people like you fail to understand that they are just that, theories and speculations, and try to attack them, instead of dealing with the actual science.

So if you have been to this edge then tell us all about it. I'll stick with science. And if you ever find anything practical, using the tangible substances, let me know. I won't hold my breath.
    If u recall I brought it up in your response to others who asked you about the edge. I reminded you you said they were using scarecrow arguments. That is why I brought it up. They were asking you a question.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=walrus;1534492]
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post

@Alpha Croquets
    Still nothing practical?

If u recall I brought it up in your response to others who asked you about the edge. I reminded you you said they were using scarecrow arguments. That is why I brought it up. They were asking you a question.
    And it is a strawman argument. Just like you saying "So now you are saying it’s endlessly flat and has no edge if in fact it’s flat". You wanted my ideas and theories, I gave them. You then turn around and make the assumption I was claiming them to be facts.

Now your getting it, yea we understand Adhesion, Cohesion, Meniscus and Surface Tension, these are testable and demonstrable. Not sure why you are posting it tho, it doesn't respesent a standing body of water with the surface naturally curving or any globe model I've ever been taught.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Alpha Croquets
    Cricket
    Alpha when you test the tangible substance using experiments you are using your eyes to see what the results are of those experiments. That means that is also visual. You are a hypocrite. And cant answer that question. Ever.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Alpha Croquets
    Cricket
    Alpha when you test the tangible substance using experiments you are using your eyes to see what the results are of those experiments. That means that is also visual. You are a hypocrite. And cant answer that question. Ever.
    Already have, you don't understand the difference between visual and physical. If a blind person was tesing the substance the physics remain th same.

Should be easy for you then to provide a physical practical demonstration of a standing body of water with the surface naturally bending.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Alpha Croquets
    Cricket
    Already have, you don't understand the difference between visual and physical. If a blind person was tesing the substance the physics remain th same.

Should be easy for you then to provide a physical practical demonstration of a standing body of water with the surface naturally bending.
    You understand nothing, at all. You cannot observe without your eyes, you absolute nutter.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Alpha Croquets
    Cricket

You understand nothing, at all. You cannot observe without your eyes, you absolute nutter.
    Spanked again. Why are you here? Enjoy your belief. I no longer want to be part of your cult. You are worse than a bible basher.

Cool story bro.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Alpha Croquets
    Cricket

Spanked again. Why are you here? Enjoy your belief. I no longer want to be part of your cult. You are worse than a bible basher.

Cool story bro.
    Now now frenchy no reason to insult alpha it’s just a discussion

Thread Information