0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is the earth flat?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Speaking of North Poles and such..... assuming the Earth is flat...... when the compass points north, where do you figure it's pointing?
    I figure it's pointing North?

North on a flat Earth being.... where?
    In the middle.

So no matter where you are on Earth, a compass will always point................. toward the middle? I see...

Where exactly would that middle be? Because Flat Earthers must have their own map from which the er..... "middle"..... should be well identified and its location well known.

Where would this middle be?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

While we're at it, Round Earthers explain night and day by stating that the sun is always shining on half of the Earth, while the other half is in nighttime darkness. Easy enough to explain with a globe but.......... how does that work with a flat Earth? I mean, if the sun hides from a flat Earth, it hides for everybody, right? Even if low on the horizon or off at an angle, it would still cast sunshine on that part of the planet. So...... if the Earth is flat (which I'm not questioning anymore )..... then how does the sun hide from some parts and not others? How is it that when it's daylight in the U.S., it's nighttime in China?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd love to stay and chat...... but the Colts-Chiefs are getting ready to start.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So you had to remove my link and post a video I never even posted to refute a point I never made? Adhesion mate. Even without mass, scale and gravity, you suggesting surface tension etc, and the adhesive qualities of water we see every day, in raindrops hanging of objects and on windscreens, utterly demolishing your idea that water not only can not cling to anything, but always has to conform to the shape of a flat tray when that is demonstrably not true. That is even discounting the reality of gravity being so important that is not only accounts for the seas being pulled down into an uberdense center and adhering to the surface of the spherical earth but for the actual shape of our global earth.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Speaking of North Poles and such..... assuming the Earth is flat...... when the compass points north, where do you figure it's pointing?

In the middle.

So no matter where you are on Earth, a compass will always point................. toward the middle? I see...

Where exactly would that middle be? Because Flat Earthers must have their own map from which the er..... "middle"..... should be well identified and its location well known.

Does a compass not always point north? I've never been to the north pole, as I'm sure you never have either. But when you get there, with your exploring, pull out a compass for us to see, and also show the star trails, so we can prove where you are. Not some military designer Global positioning system.

While we're at it, Round Earthers explain night and day by stating that the sun is always shining on half of the Earth, while the other half is in nighttime darkness. Easy enough to explain with a globe but.......... how does that work with a flat Earth? I mean, if the sun hides from a flat Earth, it hides for everybody, right? Even if low on the horizon or off at an angle, it would still cast sunshine on that part of the planet. So...... if the Earth is flat (which I'm not questioning anymore )..... then how does the sun hide from some parts and not others? How is it that when it's daylight in the U.S., it's nighttime in China?
    Research perspective, we can only see so far, even using tools like a telescope etc. So as things get further away that go out of sight to a vanishing point. Like railway tracks, or light poles, they disappear from the observer at a vanishing point.

Good questions, but you still haven't presented 1 piece of empirical evidence of your spinning ball earth. And are even avoiding the fact that the surface of water will always be flat after finding it's level. Look into how canals are built, railway tracks.

I'm happy to answer questions, but it's better it you research it and understand it yourself, rather than me telling you. Just try proving a spinning ball earth to yourself. Forget theories and what you have seen in images or video, use actual Natural science, stuff you can demonstrate to yourself, test and repeat, we are talking reality, so it should be easy to prove in our reality right?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    So you had to remove my link and post a video I never even posted to refute a point I never made? Adhesion mate. Even without mass, scale and gravity, you suggesting surface tension etc, and the adhesive qualities of water we see every day, in raindrops hanging of objects and on windscreens, utterly demolishing your idea that water not only can not cling to anything, but always has to conform to the shape of a flat tray when that is demonstrably not true. That is even discounting the reality of gravity being so important that is not only accounts for the seas being pulled down into an uberdense center and adhering to the surface of the spherical earth but for the actual shape of our global earth.
    No I had to remove your link as it wouldn't let me post my vid in the reply, because it only allows 1 vid per post.

Yes we know how adhesion and meniscus works. It's not water conforming (not clinging or sticking) to the exterior of a shape.

Both theories of gravity have never been proven, and are not empirical evidence.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the middle.

Does a compass not always point north? I've never been to the north pole, as I'm sure you never have either. But when you get there, with your exploring, pull out a compass for us to see, and also show the star trails, so we can prove where you are. Not some military designer Global positioning system.

Research perspective, we can only see so far, even using tools like a telescope etc. So as things get further away that go out of sight to a vanishing point. Like railway tracks, or light poles, they disappear from the observer at a vanishing point.

Good questions, but you still haven't presented 1 piece of empirical evidence of your spinning ball earth. And are even avoiding the fact that the surface of water will always be flat after finding it's level. Look into how canals are built, railway tracks.

I'm happy to answer questions, but it's better it you research it and understand it yourself, rather than me telling you. Just try proving a spinning ball earth to yourself. Forget theories and what you have seen in images or video, use actual Natural science, stuff you can demonstrate to yourself, test and repeat, we are talking reality, so it should be easy to prove in our reality right?

You realize I'm not even arguing anymore, right?

The Earth is flat..... the astronauts are part of a conspiracy..... the Sun hides from part of the world and not others, at different times, moving in mysterious ways..... the world doesn't hurtle through space, it's poised on some space pedestal thingy.

Dying for the game to start though. It's daytime in Kansas City.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the middle.

The Earth is flat..... the astronauts are part of a conspiracy..... the Sun hides from part of the world and not others, at different times, moving in mysterious ways..... the world doesn't hurtle through space, it's poised on some space pedestal thingy.

I realize one can't argue with Natural science, objective reality and facts.

Any empirical evidence of this space pedestal you speak of? Or just another one of your beliefs?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the middle.

I realize one can't argue with Natural science, objective reality and facts.

Any empirical evidence of this space pedestal you speak of? Or just another one of your beliefs?

So we're back to the Earth hurtling through space? Because if it's not suspended or held up somehow, it must be hurtling through space.

Oh.... wait. You just said on the other thread that space is fake.

So if it's not hurtling, not suspended, not propped up by the pedestal thingy...... then how exactly is this giant flat disk propped up in the general universe?

Not that I really want to know, mind you. I'm just making conversation at this point.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any empirical evidence of this universe you speak of?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes. I saw the universe firsthand. I'd post photos, but my dog ate my cellphone.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes. I saw the universe firsthand. I'd post photos, but my dog ate my cellphone.
    I'll take that as no empirical evidence once again, but I already knew that would be the case.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly, the very reason no real truther takes the Flat Earth Society seriously, as I have already mentioned. Sargent and Steele are major shills.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They live, We sleep

Thread Information