Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is the earth flat?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    You jump up in the air and you come back down to the ground. What do you call that? You don't believe in gravity then?

I can't believe anybody actually engages with these people.
    There is no gravity, the earth sucks

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You jump up in the air and you come back down to the ground. What do you call that? You don't believe in gravity then?

Diversity of thought is fun. You can put him on ignore if it upsets you so much. For instance, religion is silly, the modern Labour Party is silly, and Rap music is silly, but we seem to accept they have their place. I don't mind just as long as nobody is forcing me to change my own views.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Satellites and space stations have THOUSANDS OF TIMES filmed in stationary positions as well as orbited the planet Earth for weeks and months at a time videotaping the entire thing. Down below you can see the continents slowly going by moving Eastward. you see Africa and then the world keeps turning and you see the Atlantic ocean and it keeps turning and you see North America coming to view etc etc. THE PLANET IS A PERFECT SPHERE. WHEN LOOKING AT IT FROM SPACE YOU CAN ONLY SEE PART OF THE GLOBAL LANDSCAPE. therefore clearly the other countries and continents are on the other side of the sphere. If it was all flat you could see the entire global landscape like on a map hanging on your wall.
    Stand on one side of your house and get a friend to stand on the otherside. You won't be able to see each other. Doesn't mean your section is curved, just that there is stuff in the way. Can you see what's going on 3 blocks away from your door step? Pathetic, you must be new to this. All your talk about images and visuals but unable to accept the physics of water in your reality. Still waiting on that practical demonstration of your belief that a standing body of water naturally conforming to the exterior of a shape.

I call jumping in the air and coming back down exactly that. Can you please define the term gravity so I know what you are referring to. You are the one that has failed to provide a practical demonstration of your belief. I feel the same way when zealots continue to push their beliefs without being able to practically demonstrate them as objective truths.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

Diversity of thought is fun. You can put him on ignore if it upsets you so much. For instance, religion is silly, the modern Labour Party is silly, and Rap music is silly, but we seem to accept they have their place. I don't mind just as long as nobody is forcing me to change my own views.
    Exactly, all I'm doing is asking questions of the affirmative claim. Those claims need to be practically demonstrated physically, using tangible substance before I would accept them as true. The globe reminds me of a cult, once someone leaves, all the other members try like crazy to get you back into their fold.

I like this quote from Gandhi "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win"
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To often we are too busy talking to ourselves and can’t hear anything. But alpha are you saying the earth is definitely flat or are you saying it may not be round. Granted I can’t hold a ball of water but latitude and longitude have been accurate for a long time and is based on “roundness”. I don’t believe just because I can’t see certain things they don’t exist for now the mirror is dim and we see little but a time will come when we see all. I try not to attack anyone for their beliefs. I have been attacked for some of mine it’s pointless. As long as someone isn’t delusional it’s cool. I would like the flat earth believers to provide answers. Perhaps build a model of an accurate earth. Are there people on both sides? What keeps the water from falling off of a flat surface. The people living on the bottom, if they are, do they have water. Have we met these people.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow. I volunteered once at a schizophrenia clinic for 8 hours as part of a 3-credit Abnormal Psychology class in Birmingham.
    These flat Earth claims come very near the centre of delusions of schizophrenics.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Satellites and space stations have THOUSANDS OF TIMES filmed in stationary positions as well as orbited the planet Earth for weeks and months at a time videotaping the entire thing. Down below you can see the continents slowly going by moving Eastward. you see Africa and then the world keeps turning and you see the Atlantic ocean and it keeps turning and you see North America coming to view etc etc. THE PLANET IS A PERFECT SPHERE. WHEN LOOKING AT IT FROM SPACE YOU CAN ONLY SEE PART OF THE GLOBAL LANDSCAPE. therefore clearly the other countries and continents are on the other side of the sphere. If it was all flat you could see the entire global landscape like on a map hanging on your wall.
    Stand on one side of your house and get a friend to stand on the otherside. You won't be able to see each other. Doesn't mean your section is curved, just that there is stuff in the way. Can you see what's going on 3 blocks away from your door step? Pathetic, you must be new to this. All your talk about images and visuals but unable to accept the physics of water in your reality. Still waiting on that practical demonstration of your belief that a standing body of water naturally conforming to the exterior of a shape.

I call jumping in the air and coming back down exactly that. Can you please define the term gravity so I know what you are referring to. You are the one that has failed to provide a practical demonstration of your belief. I feel the same way when zealots continue to push their beliefs without being able to practically demonstrate them as objective truths.
    "Just that there is stuff in the way"?
    You will have to demonstrate that in order to prove your claim that something is in the way

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

two people standing on different sides of a house is a strawman argument. What does the house have to do with looking at the Earth from outer space? Absolutely nothing. You must be the biggest hypocrite of all time. Talking to you is like talking to a schizophrenic. You can never get anywhere.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Wtf do astronauts know? They're in on it.

It's all part of the Global Astronomical Roundness Bullshit Assertions and other Great Errors (or G.A.R.B.A.G.E) conspiracy.
    Again, if you want to believe hearsay, pictures and video, then all power to you. I prefer actual science. You know, natural science, that uses empirical evidence to prove things.

But again, if you want to believe water can conform to the exterior of a shape, when you know that's impossible in our reality, and again, something you have never seen, and are able to prove yourself, doesn't happen in our reality, then all power to you. You believe in God without any empirical evidence, so you have already shown that you are susceptible to deception. But I hope you realize that is also only a belief, and not a proven fact as well.
    So u call me susceptible to deception for my spiritual beliefs. Is that how we counter differing views now? Seems a bit narrow. If I may ask, when did I mention religion to you
    #NeverForget @walrus

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's all part of the Global Astronomical Roundness Bullshit Assertions and other Great Errors (or G.A.R.B.A.G.E) conspiracy.
    Again, if you want to believe hearsay, pictures and video, then all power to you. I prefer actual science. You know, natural science, that uses empirical evidence to prove things.

But again, if you want to believe water can conform to the exterior of a shape, when you know that's impossible in our reality, and again, something you have never seen, and are able to prove yourself, doesn't happen in our reality, then all power to you. You believe in God without any empirical evidence, so you have already shown that you are susceptible to deception. But I hope you realize that is also only a belief, and not a proven fact as well.
    So u call me susceptible to deception for my spiritual beliefs. Is that how we counter differing views now? Seems a bit narrow. If I may ask, when did I mention religion to you
    #NeverForget @walrus
    #Toomanytells

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Alpha

Why don’t you drive to the edge of the Earth and take a picture? Then post it. Drive to the edge of the Earth.

😆😆😆

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

#NeverForget @walrus
    #Toomanytells
    Means what exactly? Calm your tits and happy Halloween 😄

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

#NeverForget @walrus
    #Toomanytells
    Means what exactly? Calm your tits and happy Halloween 😄
    Laugh it up Ravioli

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To often we are too busy talking to ourselves and can’t hear anything. But alpha are you saying the earth is definitely flat or are you saying it may not be round. Granted I can’t hold a ball of water but latitude and longitude have been accurate for a long time and is based on “roundness”. I don’t believe just because I can’t see certain things they don’t exist for now the mirror is dim and we see little but a time will come when we see all. I try not to attack anyone for their beliefs. I have been attacked for some of mine it’s pointless. As long as someone isn’t delusional it’s cool. I would like the flat earth believers to provide answers. Perhaps build a model of an accurate earth. Are there people on both sides? What keeps the water from falling off of a flat surface. The people living on the bottom, if they are, do they have water. Have we met these people.
    I am saying that the earth is demonstrably level based on practical demonstration of tangible substance. It is definitely not a globe as the physics of water demonstrate. Longitude and Latitude were invented on a flat map by Eratosthenes https://www.ancient.eu/uploads/image...g?v=1485682718
    I also try not to attack other peoples beliefs, the thing is the affirmative claim is what is being taught to everyone, when it is only a concept, and the claims can't be practically demonstrated using tangible substances. I consider myself a direct realist. There are people that put maps and models and speculations together, I however have never been supportive of maps or models, as I feel full unrestricted exploration is required before we can move forward. I always felt maps and models were a bad idea because they open the door to strawman arguments. I prefer to focus on Natural Science and tangible substance.

Wow. I volunteered once at a schizophrenia clinic for 8 hours as part of a 3-credit Abnormal Psychology class in Birmingham.
    These flat Earth claims come very near the centre of delusions of schizophrenics.
    Are you disputing the physics of water?

"Just that there is stuff in the way"?
    You will have to demonstrate that in order to prove your claim that something is in the way
    If I stand on one side of my house with someone on the otherside, the house is in the way. Same with 3 blocks over. Houses are in the way. Why are you being intellectually dishonest?

two people standing on different sides of a house is a strawman argument. What does the house have to do with looking at the Earth from outer space? Absolutely nothing. You must be the biggest hypocrite of all time. Talking to you is like talking to a schizophrenic. You can never get anywhere.
    No it's not. You said you would be able to see the entire global landscape if it was flat. I was pointing out an objective truth that you can't even see a few blocks away with houses, trees etc on the land.

I'll ask again, can you provide a physical, practical demonstration of a standing body of water naturally conforming to the exterior of a shape?

Oh and I see you ignored the request to define your use of the term gravity.

There's no need to talk to me, unless you have a practical demonstration.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

#NeverForget @walrus
    #Toomanytells
    I know right.

@Alpha

Why don’t you drive to the edge of the Earth and take a picture? Then post it. Drive to the edge of the Earth.

😆😆😆
    Another strawman? What is this edge you speak off and have you been to it? Because you will need to prove that.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information