Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is the earth flat?

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Alpha what do you make of this stuff?

https://www.metabunk.org/soundly-pro...artrain.t8939/

The water argument is a consistent one throughout the thread and one that if observed by any one of us day to day you'd have to conclude that it conforms to it's shape and is level. You really need to supersize the observation.

A flat Earth would be good. Especially if its proof had a Truman Show type ending. That would be brilliant.
    So where is the end of the world? Surely someone would have got and taken a picture there by now to prove that Alpha was right all along.
    You would think.
    Flat earthers have been around a lot longer, what have they been playing at in all that time?
    A lot longer than?.....

I dunno, ask Alpha
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The water argument is a consistent one throughout the thread and one that if observed by any one of us day to day you'd have to conclude that it conforms to it's shape and is level. You really need to supersize the observation.

A flat Earth would be good. Especially if its proof had a Truman Show type ending. That would be brilliant.
    Didn't have a look but Mick West is a shill and has been debunked over and over, as has Soundly. You will find anyone trying to debunk 'flat earth' will only ever use visual phenomena or formal science. They will never use natural science, or practical, physical demonstrations using the tangible substances of the earth. What I mean by that is, when we look down a set of railway tracks disapearing in the distance, they appear to converge, although we know in reality they are parallel. That is a visual phenomena. Physical phenomena is testing the substances, water, gases etc.

Cool Memphis, it sounds like you do agree with one of my first principles, but I'll pop it here, you can confirm if you want.

Would you agree that it's an objective physical truth that a body of water will always take the shape of its container and the surface will always be level?

So at what scale do you believe the physics of water change? Because we have been told the circumference of the earth, and using geometry we can work out how much it is curving per mile. I can demonstrate the physics of water, we have used water in construction for centuries.

The Truman Show had lots of truths in it, but also pushed the propaganda of a dome.

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I never punks out alpha just got tired of it. To answer your question simply I’m not a fundamentalist when it comes to the Bible.
    Ok, so you weren't really interested, and if your tired and not interested, why bother continuing to post stuff that deals in nothing practical? And thanks for the reply on the bible stuff. Lots of truths in there for me but also lots of allegory.

So where is the end of the world? Surely someone would have got and taken a picture there by now to prove that Alpha was right all along.
    Who knows if there is an end? Like I asked Tito, does space have an end/ edge? Most would accept that space doesn't have an end, but have been programmed to think earth must have one. I have not explored this earth fully, we are restricted from freely exploring this place.

Now there was Admiral Byrd (not that I trust him) on national TV, stating that he had see a huge ice wall, and beyond that was more land, in one of his expeditions to Antarctica. So we don't really know for sure, until we are free to explore this place.

I did offer to fully fund an expedition to Tito, as long as he paid for all the consents to be approved first, to go to Antarctica. But he probably thought I was joking. I'm serious, the offer still stands to anyone. I'm happy to set up joint accounts, with whoever is interested, with joint authority and access, and deposit 10 to 20 thousand, once all consents to be approved. But now I would prefer to travel North. But either way, if anyone is keen, to go either north or south, let me know, get all the consents approved so we are able to explore freely and we are on.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I did offer to fully fund an expedition to Tito, as long as he paid for all the consents to be approved first, to go to Antarctica. But he probably thought I was joking. I'm serious, the offer still stands to anyone. I'm happy to set up joint accounts, with whoever is interested, with joint authority and access, and deposit 10 to 20 thousand, once all consents to be approved. But now I would prefer to travel North. But either way, if anyone is keen, to go either north or south, let me know, get all the consents approved so we are able to explore freely and we are on.

Yeah Alpha... but in actuality, what would that prove? Say we went to the North Pole (let's just call it that for the sake of having something to call it). Flat Earthers do not believe the Earth is a globe, hence no poles exist, only more and more flat land. Compass readings would be useless. The huge circumference of the Earth (to us globers) makes it difficult to point out the globe shape of the Earth without resorting to the old horizon argument. We'd surely have to continue our journey down the other side of the Earth maintaining the same longitude. To us globers, eventually we'd end up in the same place... of course we'd have to traverse Antarctica. Doesn't seem practical. A better way for me would be to circle the globe (again... to us globers), maintaining the same latitude until we arrived where we started. But then you, as well as every other Flat Earther, would brush it off as us having gone around in a big circle. So in reality a trip to anywhere would be fruitless. The only visual way to prove the shape of the Earth is to go into space. I'm not sure you believe in space... but call it a high enough altitude to gain a perspective unavailable through any other means.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You asked me why I still contribute, because I can. Way too much of a conspiracy involving every country with satellite and space travel, the current ISS, Tesla, Richard Brandon, Jeff bezos, Elon musk too many private satellite companies currently operating, so much communication and data flowing through satellites, damn the list of the coverup would have started in the 1400’s till today. It doesn’t make sense. I believe shit is hidden and lied about all the time. In this case it just doesn’t make sense.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Yeah Alpha... but in actuality, what would that prove? Say we went to the North Pole (let's just call it that for the sake of having something to call it). Flat Earthers do not believe the Earth is a globe, hence no poles exist, only more and more flat land. Compass readings would be useless. The huge circumference of the Earth (to us globers) makes it difficult to point out the globe shape of the Earth without resorting to the old horizon argument. We'd surely have to continue our journey down the other side of the Earth maintaining the same longitude. To us globers, eventually we'd end up in the same place... of course we'd have to traverse Antarctica. Doesn't seem practical. A better way for me would be to circle the globe (again... to us globers), maintaining the same latitude until we arrived where we started. But then you, as well as every other Flat Earther, would brush it off as us having gone around in a big circle. So in reality a trip to anywhere would be fruitless. The only visual way to prove the shape of the Earth is to go into space. I'm not sure you believe in space... but call it a high enough altitude to gain a perspective unavailable through any other means.
    What would it prove? Um, if we travelled north or south according to the globe model we would end up where we started. Travelling West or East, with a compass always pointing north can be done on a flat plane. There are lots of demonstrations of this, using a magnet and a compass. All you have to worry about is the consents. It would either prove more land, or we would end up back where we started. I disagree, a visual way to prove the shape of the earth is to observe standing bodies of water (as we understand the physics of the substance).
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    You asked me why I still contribute, because I can. Way too much of a conspiracy involving every country with satellite and space travel, the current ISS, Tesla, Richard Brandon, Jeff bezos, Elon musk too many private satellite companies currently operating, so much communication and data flowing through satellites, damn the list of the coverup would have started in the 1400’s till today. It doesn’t make sense. I believe shit is hidden and lied about all the time. In this case it just doesn’t make sense.
    Of course you can, but if your tired and not interested it seems strange. Nothing in your post practically demonstrates a globe.

So, as you are correct that you can continue to contribute, I will continue to ask you for practical demonstrations.

Would you agree that it's an objective physical truth that a body of water will always take the shape of its container and the surface will always be level?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What would it prove? Um, if we travelled north or south according to the globe model we would end up where we started. Travelling West or East, with a compass always pointing north can be done on a flat plane. There are lots of demonstrations of this, using a magnet and a compass. All you have to worry about is the consents. It would either prove more land, or we would end up back where we started. I disagree, a visual way to prove the shape of the earth is to observe standing bodies of water (as we understand the physics of the substance).

Traveling east or west would be a lot more practical. We would end up in same place, using all the navigational technologies known to man. Still, I believe you (and every other flat Earther) would discount that by claiming we had actually traveled in a circle within the flat Earth. That's why I believe it would be fruitless.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Traveling east or west would be a lot more practical. We would end up in same place, using all the navigational technologies known to man. Still, I believe you (and every other flat Earther) would discount that by claiming we had actually traveled in a circle within the flat Earth. That's why I believe it would be fruitless.
    Of course it would be more practical, but like I said, if we travel west or east, keeping north at a 90 degrees, as shown by demonstrations (let me know if you haven't seen these, and I'll try to find one for you) or you could try the experiment yourself, can be done on a flat plane. Going any other direction than north or south also defeats the point I am trying to make, that we are not free to explore this place.

I think free exploration north or south (preferably north) is the key to finding out about this place where on. It is not necessary for proving we are not on a globe, as the physics of tangible substances like water and gases can do that simply.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Makes no sense at all

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep, Mick West is a shill, and Soundly has been debunked numerous times as well.

Still no practical demonstrations?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course it would be more practical, but like I said, if we travel west or east, keeping north at a 90 degrees, as shown by demonstrations (let me know if you haven't seen these, and I'll try to find one for you) or you could try the experiment yourself, can be done on a flat plane. Going any other direction than north or south also defeats the point I am trying to make, that we are not free to explore this place.

I think free exploration north or south (preferably north) is the key to finding out about this place where on. It is not necessary for proving we are not on a globe, as the physics of tangible substances like water and gases can do that simply.

Alpha, no offense... but this is where sometimes we've gone astray. With all due respect, this is the kind of statement that can be taken as a bit demeaning by someone trying to argue their point with you. I'm perfectly capable of understanding what north is..... what 90 degrees are..... which is why I say "using all the navigational technologies known to man." Also, for you to say that traveling north-south is the only way to prove/disprove that we're on a globe, seems a bit questionable to me. If the Earth is truly a globe as we say, it matters little in which direction we circumvent it, as long as we keep a true and steady direction. The simplest would be either north-south, or east-west..... but either would be just as effective.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alpha, no offense... but this is where sometimes we've gone astray. With all due respect, this is the kind of statement that can be taken as a bit demeaning by someone trying to argue their point with you. I'm perfectly capable of understanding what north is..... what 90 degrees are..... which is why I say "using all the navigational technologies known to man." Also, for you to say that traveling north-south is the only way to prove/disprove that we're on a globe, seems a bit questionable to me. If the Earth is truly a globe as we say, it matters little in which direction we circumvent it, as long as we keep a true and steady direction. The simplest would be either north-south, or east-west..... but either would be just as effective.
    Sorry Tito, not trying to be demeaning at all, things in text can be taken differently than they are intended. I'm was not sure if you have seen those demonstrations or not. But they clearly demonstrate that north can also be navigated in a circle on a flat plane.

I did not say this "traveling north-south is the only way to prove/disprove that we're on a globe" at all.

I said "It is not necessary for proving we are not on a globe, as the physics of tangible substances like water and gases can do that simply"
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry Tito, not trying to be demeaning at all, things in text can be taken differently than they are intended. I'm was not sure if you have seen those demonstrations or not. But they clearly demonstrate that north can also be navigated in a circle on a flat plane.

I did not say this "traveling north-south is the only way to prove/disprove that we're on a globe" at all.

I said "It is not necessary for proving we are not on a globe, as the physics of tangible substances like water and gases can do that simply"

No worries, Alpha. We will continue to disagree, although admittedly I have not had the personal experience of traveling into space to take a look for myself. There are just some things to me that make more sense when thinking about the globe Earth rather than a flat one. It's not indoctrination... it's not going with the flow.... it's just as much a thought out process as you've had with your beliefs of a flat Earth. We've discussed things like pressure gradients, the horizon, day/night, and other factors and..... while you see them proving/disproving one theory, I see them proving/disproving another. As with all disagreements, it's important to recognize the other party as using their own criteria and knowledge to reach their conclusions, not just having been indoctrinated. That is the part where I think some of the issues arise between "globers" and "flat Earthers". No one likes to be told that they believe something simply because they've been "indoctrinated" to believe it.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No worries, Alpha. We will continue to disagree, although admittedly I have not had the personal experience of traveling into space to take a look for myself. There are just some things to me that make more sense when thinking about the globe Earth rather than a flat one. It's not indoctrination... it's not going with the flow.... it's just as much a thought out process as you've had with your beliefs of a flat Earth. We've discussed things like pressure gradients, the horizon, day/night, and other factors and..... while you see them proving/disproving one theory, I see them proving/disproving another. As with all disagreements, it's important to recognize the other party as using their own criteria and knowledge to reach their conclusions, not just having been indoctrinated. That is the part where I think some of the issues arise between "globers" and "flat Earthers". No one likes to be told that they believe something simply because they've been "indoctrinated" to believe it.
    Thank Tito, for me I try to keep my emotions out of it as much as possible, it can be hard when dealing with trolls or being insulted (none of that includes you). Remember I believed exactly as you still do at one point. But for me, it would be like believing in Santa Claus again. I have said here previously that the globe works very well as a concept. Which is why math (a formal science) is used many times in discussions. But I can no longer deny the physics of the tangible substances in our reality. I have no problem with others believing what they want, but now if someone wants me to believe something is true, they must prove it using practical demonstartions and the tangible substances. I think that's fair.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information