Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: I want to start learning how to box, but cannot afford a membership or trainers

Share/Bookmark
    sterling96 Guest

Default I want to start learning how to box, but cannot afford a membership or trainers

How to become a world champion boxer

I believe I have what it takes to become a boxer, but money is a huge issue right now. I can afford a punching bag and gloves and have a few books + youtube. Will that be enough for now?

Any tips

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I want to start learning how to box, but cannot afford a membership or trainers

Well, like the old saying..'The journey begans with the first step. Books, You Tube, are fine for that first step. But you are going to have to seek out someone who has had lessons in boxing, or a retired boxer or trainer. Try to find a gym that will let you trade work for lessons. The gym I was assocated with had two guys doing this. They would come in early morning or on weekends and clean up, repair equipmet, take out the trash, and follow a list the owner had left for them. It also demonstrated they truly wanted boxing, so we went out of our way to give them extra time. One of the 1968 olympic gold medal winners in boxing had three boxers he was training for free out of his garage. You just have to do a lot of asking around in the gyms. Does your local law enforcement sponser a free community boxing gym, or any other organization sponser one. Even go to some local matches and talk with people. Get your name out there and maybe someone will give you a connection. Good Luck!

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I want to start learning how to box, but cannot afford a membership or trainers

Quote Originally Posted by sterling96 View Post
    How to become a world champion boxer

I believe I have what it takes to become a boxer, but money is a huge issue right now. I can afford a punching bag and gloves and have a few books + youtube. Will that be enough for now?

Any tips

It doesn't cost much in fees to join an amateur boxing club and they usually supply the equipment .
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lion View Post
    Well, like the old saying..'The journey begans with the first step. Books, You Tube, are fine for that first step. But you are going to have to seek out someone who has had lessons in boxing, or a retired boxer or trainer. Try to find a gym that will let you trade work for lessons. The gym I was assocated with had two guys doing this. They would come in early morning or on weekends and clean up, repair equipmet, take out the trash, and follow a list the owner had left for them. It also demonstrated they truly wanted boxing, so we went out of our way to give them extra time. One of the 1968 olympic gold medal winners in boxing had three boxers he was training for free out of his garage. You just have to do a lot of asking around in the gyms. Does your local law enforcement sponser a free community boxing gym, or any other organization sponser one. Even go to some local matches and talk with people. Get your name out there and maybe someone will give you a connection. Good Luck!
    this is good advice I agree. Small steps at a time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hey man how are you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

conor just got smashed hahahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2.5 million people bought the fight hahahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i know his afraid of a smack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wow this is so nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can always Best the roadwork whilst you are saving up the cash

Thread Information