Ted Cheeseman has a target to hit by the end of 2019 – with his sights set on being at least one of the top-ranked super-welterweights in the world. Bermondsey’s crowd-pleasing puncher challenges Sergio Garcia for the European title at Greenwich’s 02 Arena on February 2.

And Cheeseman, 23, shows no signs of stopping his fast-track approach to the top.
Spaniard Garcia has a 28-0 fight ledger. Cheeseman is 15-0. The South Londoner fully expects a victory to propel him closer to a world title shot.

“He has got a number three ranking with the WBC and is also ranked by other world governing bodies,” said Cheeseman. “It will put me right in the mix in looking for a world title shot.

“By the end of the year I either want to be waiting for a world title shot, or have had it.
“It’s not unrealistic to think I could be world champion in 2019.
If I win this fight in February, it is very, very realistic. I’ve still got 10 months of the year left and will be ranked number three by the WBC and probably top five in all the governing bodies.”

Cheeseman won the vacant British belt last time out with a wide unanimous decision over Asinia Byfield in October......

rest of article here - https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/t...e-end-of-2019/

@Batman