Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wilder v Fury 2 - Las Vegas

EVEN SPLIT Eddie Hearn tells Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury how to get 50/50 split against Anthony Joshua, plans to bid for rematch
    The promoter is eyeing up a sensational move to secure their second fight for US streaming platform DAZN

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...a-bid-rematch/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I'm not. A rematch that huge needs a huge venue. Nothing bigger in the U.S. than Vegas. Relax guys..... it's not Canelo fighting, so we should be ok. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Fury will get a fair shake. All he needs to do is totally dominate the fight, and he's home free. Contrary to popular opinion, he only won a little over half the fight last time out, all of which was negated by the two 10-8 rounds he suffered.
    Thanks for your post, which with all due respect is total bollox. The only rounds that Wilder won were two 10-8s.

There is now a queue in Europe (and everywhere else) to get a reasonable heavyweight against Wilder, the unjust title holder. Both Fury and Joshua know they will beat him, but the money comes in, if Joshua beats him first its a money fest for all, Fury fights Joshua, biggest money fight on the planet and then they can share the spoils with Wilder rematches, Wilder then moves on to get beat by Dillyan White and Derek Chisora, then retires, or maybe David Price has a pop?

AS for judges the same shit cannot possibly happen again with another 3 Europeans sitting their capable of beating this hype job, another dodgy result would mean a segregation of US/European boxing, may not be a bad thing

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
    I'm not. A rematch that huge needs a huge venue. Nothing bigger in the U.S. than Vegas. Relax guys..... it's not Canelo fighting, so we should be ok. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Fury will get a fair shake. All he needs to do is totally dominate the fight, and he's home free. Contrary to popular opinion, he only won a little over half the fight last time out, all of which was negated by the two 10-8 rounds he suffered.
    Thanks for your post, which with all due respect is total bollox. The only rounds that Wilder won were two 10-8s.

There is now a queue in Europe (and everywhere else) to get a reasonable heavyweight against Wilder, the unjust title holder. Both Fury and Joshua know they will beat him, but the money comes in, if Joshua beats him first its a money fest for all, Fury fights Joshua, biggest money fight on the planet and then they can share the spoils with Wilder rematches, Wilder then moves on to get beat by Dillyan White and Derek Chisora, then retires, or maybe David Price has a pop?

AS for judges the same shit cannot possibly happen again with another 3 Europeans sitting their capable of beating this hype job, another dodgy result would mean a segregation of US/European boxing, may not be a bad thing

The ONLY two rounds?? Isn't that kind of biased? Did you watch the fight again, by any chance? I did, with the sound off. The first few rounds... how can you unequivocally give them to Fury just like that? Do you not agree he was missing almost all of his jabs? I know you know this, but you don't get points for missed punches... only for landed ones. Don't mean to sound snotty there BTW, just telling you how I saw it. IMHO, to say Wilder ONLY won the two 10-8 rounds is being grossly biased in favor of Fury. I can see people thinking Fury won the fight, it was that close. Also Fury clearly won the last half of the fight, save for the 10-8 rounds.

I came away from the fight thinking better about the both of them. Fury because he surprised the hell out of me, coming back from such a long and self-destructive layoff like that....... and Wilder because for being a "shit boxer", he did pretty well for himself at least over the first few rounds. Which is why I'd loooove to see a rematch, which looks like it's gonna happen.

Still..... don't blame you for being biased. Been there done that with my own favs.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know I had it 10-2 to Fury too. Yes Fury was missing a lot and I have not watched it again.

Fury dictated the fight to his pace which is an art.

I do not think I was bias towards Fury and I am sure if I watch it again I may give more rounds to Wilder but not enough for him to win.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    You know I had it 10-2 to Fury too. Yes Fury was missing a lot and I have not watched it again.

Fury dictated the fight to his pace which is an art.

I do not think I was bias towards Fury and I am sure if I watch it again I may give more rounds to Wilder but not enough for him to win.

Hey listen.... if pressed to pick a winner between the two, I'd pick Fury as well. I went back to see my scoring upon watching the fight a second time with the sound OFF. I see that I gave Wilder 3 of the first 6 rounds, an even split. But from Round 5 on, I didn't give him any rounds save for the two 10-8 rounds. The pivotal rounds would be 1 and 2, where traditionally nothing happens. Depends on how you view it, I guess. I remember you giving those rounds to Fury, while I gave them to Wilder. Could be "either or", IMO. I just thought Fury missed a ton of jabs, while Wilder pressed what little action there was. Fury didn't really start connecting till later in the fight. Bottom line though... I don't think it was a shutout, even taking the 10-8 rounds away.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

NEARLY THERE Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury rematch: American teases imminent announcement, hits out at Eddie Hearn
    WBC champion Wilder believes a few ‘little things’ are the only factors left to be resolved before this fight is officially confirmed.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...r-eddie-hearn/

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have to admit it I'd pay for it if I could pay in rolled Nickels . It'll be a much bigger show, will watch. Deontay via sparko but hope Fury stays off his arse and gets it. I don't have much interest in AJ v Miller. Hearn has kept Miller on the back burner and AJ is starting to remind me of a corny Byron Allen.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Evander Holyfield questions Tyson Fury for discussing weight loss and sobriety in build-up to Deontay Wilder fight

Despite this criticism, the former heavyweight champion admitted he was impressed with the ‘Gypsy King’s’ performance

Heavyweight legend Evander Holyfield has questioned Tyson Fury’s decision to use his comeback story to gain favour in the build-up to his fight with Deontay Wilder.

The Brit endured mental health issues which led to him piling on the pounds and regularly taking drugs in 2016/17, before then turning his life around and coming back on a quest to regain the world title.

Fury has become an advocate for mental health awareness and discussed his issues as a large part of his comeback story prior to the Wilder bout.

However, the ‘Real Deal’ believes that issues such as weight gain and drug taking – which he says Tyson brought on himself – shouldn’t have been discussed.

When asked if he appreciated Fury’s story, taking into account his own tough times in life, Holyfield told talkSPORT’s Will Gavin and Olly Hunter: “I appreciate everything he’s done, but life is about – ‘If I do it to me, I did it to myself.’

“Meaning that, ‘If I got heavy, then I got heavy myself. If I got on drugs, then I got on drugs myself.’

“That you don’t bring that part into anything to make anybody feel special for you, that’s what he chose to do.

“We were born our colour, you were born your colour, can’t change that. But the things that you choose to do, these are things you chose to do.”

Despite disagreeing with some of Tyson Fury’s pre-fight talk, Evander Holyfield had no shortage of praise for the 30-year-old’s performance inside the ring.

“He did lose a lot of weight,” Holyfield continued, “It was amazing because he was jumping around the whole fight.

“It was amazing how great a shape he was in. He was in great shape and he fought good.

“He did everything that he’s supposed to do and that’s the reason I went to the fight.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...-wilder-fight/

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Evan Fields was a prolific steroid user for perhaps the majority of his career, thats what he chose to do. The guy was a turnip before he was punch drunk, who wants to hear his opinion. That said, I guess I can agree Fury used the mental health angle to shade his own PED issue, but as far as getting fat and going off the rails then making a comeback, that was his choice and the comeback he made is a good story.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury news: ‘Gypsy King’ confirms he donated £7million Deontay Wilder purse to charity as he promises to be ’40 or 50% better’ for rematch

The 'Gypsy King' battled to a controversial draw in December, and seems set to get back in against the undefeated American in May or June

Tyson Fury has confirmed he donated his entire £7million purse from his fight against Deontay Wilder to charity.

The ‘Gypsy King’ travelled around Los Angeles on a promotional tour ahead of his WBC heavyweight title fight in the city and was stunned by the number of homeless people he saw.

Speaking to members of the LA Fire Department, he vowed to donate his entire purse to UK charities to build homes for alcohol and drug addicts at home.

Fury, who is currently embarking on a meet and greet tour around the country, told audience members in Cardiff at an Evening With Tyson Fury show he had in fact given all his hard-earned cash away.

In an exclusive obtained by The Sun, Fury reportedly said during a Q&A session: “I did give away my last purse but I don’t do charity work for a pat on the back.

“I do it to help people but I do not want praise for it, I don’t want to be called a do-gooder.”

Although Fury received a basic wage of £2.5m, this figure rose to the reported £7m once the pay-per-view money was taken into account.

After courting controversy throughout his early career, Fury’s battles with mental illness have inspired him to help others and seen him champion charitable causes.

However, he was in no mood to go easy on the Bronze Bomber should their reported rematch get confirmed for the summer.

Gareth A Davies exclusively told talkSPORT he believes late May or early June will be when the two heavyweights tangle again and the Brit had a warning to Wilder.

He also said: “He [Wilder] cannot get any better, I will be 40 or 50 per cent better and his whole team knows that.

“They saw my fat ugly white body and bald head and thought I was s**t but then I Roy Jonesed them and they were f****d.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...arity-rematch/

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is now set for May 18th at MSG - NYC with Fury getting around £20 Million.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...ontay-13986997

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hmmm NYC. Maybe...
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If it is MSG and the AJ v Miller rumours are true that would mean the two fights would be at the same venue only 2 weeks apart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    If it is MSG and the AJ v Miller rumours are true that would mean the two fights would be at the same venue only 2 weeks apart.
    That’s okay, only 1 matters.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post

Lmao imagine being so delusional that you think Chisora would beat Wilder

Thread Information