Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

UK fans, they do their part. But US fans are picky. They want their fights when they want them. To get BOTH markets we all know it must be in the USA to be at the time USA fight fans watch fights.
I do agree with this though, I think that the Brits are more inclined to pull an all nighter than the Yanks are to watch a full boxing card at 2pm, I don't think I'd get the same sort of buzz watching a full card at that time of day, plus it would clash with other sports, imagine how many viewers the boxing would lose if it clashed with the Premier League, even if it is only now and again.

They're more likely to stay up and watch but that's hardcore fans. The British PPV money is down to attracting casual fans in UK primetime. Only a small fraction of potential PPV viewers in the UK are going to stay up till five am to watch a fight. So you're not getting both markets when the fight is in America. What's happening here is that Haymon is putting up a massive guarantee to Fury to keep the fight in America and to give Wilder as much advantage as he can get him. Haymon may make the money back, he may not.
He’s giving massive guarantees to both because the money is there. The PPV will be 79.99 USD here, 20 euro there. We can’t be blind to the difference and act as if it is about advantages. It’s about money.