Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vasyl Lomachenko v Anthony Crolla

Damn, so he's got to face Crolla next if it's not Commey. Oh well. at least the Brits will get to see Loma fight live.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It still sounds like Loma wants to make an optional defense in Apr in the States before facing Crolla. I think a purse bid for the Crolla fight is scheduled for next week. Commey is out for about 2 months.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    It still sounds like Loma wants to make an optional defense in Apr in the States before facing Crolla. I think a purse bid for the Crolla fight is scheduled for next week. Commey is out for about 2 months.
    Commey did not look like he had injured his hand, he was flawless in his performance.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Commey did not look like he had injured his hand, he was flawless in his performance.
    He did look brutal, although messy. The injury will cause him to miss the April date that Loma has set.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    He did look brutal, although messy. The injury will cause him to miss the April date that Loma has set.
    Loma v Commey would have been a brilliant contest.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vasyl Lomachenko vs Anthony Crolla: Brit to challenge for world titles in Los Angeles

Anthony Crolla will fight Vasyl Lomachenko for the WBA and WBO lightweight titles, it has been confirmed.

Lomachenko, widely considered to be one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world, was set to defend his straps against Richard Commey before the Ghanaian suffered a hand injury.

In steps Manchester-born Crolla, who was WBA champion before losing back-to-back fights to Jorge Linares, for the bout at Staples Center in Los Angeles on April 12.

And the 32-year-old is relishing the chance to test himself against one of the very best.

"I believe that I can win a world title again, and these are the kind of fights that I'm in it for," he said after terms were agreed on Tuesday.

"This is the biggest fight that can be made out there for me. I've earned it, it's not like I've been given this shot. Since losing my title to Linares, I've come back and had three solid wins.

"I've not won the lottery or not won a raffle to fight Vasyl Lomachenko, so I'm looking forward to it and I'm loving training as I'm get older.
    "No man is unbeatable. It's been proven with Lomachenko. He lost early on in his career."

Crolla will be a heavy underdog for the fight but promoter Eddie Hearn says his man is ready for the challenge against the 13-1 Ukrainian.

"Lomachenko is a great talent, but Anthony is in great shape and ready for this chance," he added.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...p&pfr=1#page=2

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All the 'fans' and experts on social media ripping Crolla a new one for this. Whats the fucker to do, not take the fight? You never know, Loma might lose a leg mid fight.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

While Loma is fucking amazing, Crolla is one of the good guys in Boxing and will go in with bags of heart and give it his all. Hope Crolla gets a decent payday.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    While Loma is fucking amazing, Crolla is one of the good guys in Boxing and will go in with bags of heart and give it his all. Hope Crolla gets a decent payday.
    People forget that he nearly lost his career trying to do the decent thing by stopping a robber.

Hope he does get a decent pay day.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, Crolla is a decent good brave guy and an honest fighter. Definitely can't knock his ambition about wanting to get in with the best .....

Lomachenko isnvery very good though. A superb technician.

Crolla is really up against it here
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was really wanting that Commey scrap but Crolla is respectable enough and you surely cannot knock a guy for taking his mandatory challenger. I thought Crolla had a pretty sizable wing span and many thought Pedraza would be a blow out but it was a decent entertaining fight wide scores aside. Best thing is it's on 'free' Espn.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Crolla intent on causing almighty upset against lightweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko

Anthony Crolla is acutely aware of Vasyl Lomachenko's reputation as one of the best fighters on the planet but is intent on causing an almighty upset against the unified world lightweight champion.

Crolla has reigned on the world stage before but is an overwhelming underdog with bookmakers to prise the WBA and WBO lightweight titles away from Lomachenko when they meet at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on April 12.

Despite having only 13 professional contests, two-time Olympic gold medallist Lomachenko has won world titles across three weight classes to sit near the top of many observers' mythical pound-for-pound lists.

The Ukrainian's rapid progress owes much to his outstanding in-ring attributes, with his timing, hand speed, athleticism and footwork coming in for particular praise.

While Lomachenko's spectacular rise through the divisions has set pulses racing, Crolla has campaigned at the lightweight limit of 135lbs for most of his career - and he is convinced that will count in his favour next month.

The Mancunian said: "It's a very difficult challenge. I'm not stupid, I'm not deluded, it's a very, very tough fight and it's a very big ask.

"I've got nowhere near as much ability as him. He does almost everything better than me. I'm fighting one of the best pound-for-pound fighters on the planet but I'm excited by all that, I'm not scared in any way by that.

"I'm in a great place and one advantage I have got that night is I believe I am the natural lightweight between us both.

"I think that's an advantage. I don't think he's a 135lber, I think he could still make 130.

"I go in there with a game plan, I always have belief in myself, I'll be in great condition physically and mentally. I genuinely believe I can go in there and find a shot to shock the world.

"It's going to take a career-best performance or punch, I'm a huge underdog. But I'm not going over there for the experience, I'm going over there to shock the world.

"There are very, very few people expecting me to go there and pull off one of the biggest shocks in British boxing history, so I've got nothing to lose in that sense.

"But I have my own expectations and I go over there with the motivation to do that so I want to do everyone around me proud. I want to be remembered forever by doing this."

Crolla has already overcome adversity in his career. In late 2014, he was left with a fractured skull and a broken ankle after confronting two burglars but bounced back to win the WBA lightweight title less than 12 months later.

Despite surrendering his belt to Jorge Linares, who in turn lost to Lomachenko last year, Crolla's points wins over fellow Briton Ricky Burns, Edson Ramirez and Daud Yordan made him mandatory challenger for his old title.

The 32-year-old said: "I've come back from dark places, tough places and that stands me in good stead for this. To win on April 12 I need a bigger effort than what I've been through before.

"That's something that I thrive off, it's not something that I'm worried about. I think everything that I've been through in my career has just prepared me for nights like this.

"I'm not suggesting I'm a pound-for-pound fighter but I believe I'm world class - I've won a world title, I've beaten world champions in my last few fights and beaten world-rated fighters.

"It's just that there happens to be a fantastic fighter who is the world champion. This is what you work so hard for, this is what you first come into boxing for - to test yourself against the very best."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/ant...154900031.html

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Staples Center, Los Angeles, California - Vasiliy Lomachenko v Anthony Crolla (WBA Super and WBO world lightweight titles)

Vasyl Lomachenko will defend his WBA (Super), WBO, and The Ring lightweight titles against Anthony Crolla when the pair meet in Los Angeles, California next month.

Crolla will be looking to become a two-time world champion in the division but faces a task of some magnitude when he takes on The Independent's pound-for-pound king in Lomachenko, with the Ukrainian a consecutive Olympic gold medal winning amateur in 2008 and 2012.

Manchester-born Crolla won the WBA belt in his home city when he knocked out Darleys Perez in 2015 but lost it less than a year later when Jorge Linares came to town and put on a classy performance.

Linares later lost his strap to Lomachenko.

Here's everything you need to know about the big one coming up in LA.

When and where is the fight?

The fight between Lomachenko and Crolla takes place at the Staples Centre in Los Angeles, California on Friday, 12th April. It'll be fight night before you know it.

What time will the ring walks be?

No earlier than 4am, so if you're watching it in the UK you better be prepared to stay up.

What's at stake and what are their records?

For Crolla, not a lot. If he wins then he'll be seen as a great in British boxing and known across the world as the man who dethroned the pound-for-pound king. He'll also get the WBA (Super), WBO and The Ring lightweight belts for his troubles. His professional record is 43 fights, 34 wins, six losses and three draws. He comes in as the much more experienced man in the pro game.

Lomachenko, however, boasts an amateur record of 396 wins to one defeat, and since coming into the pro ranks won a world title in his third fight, a two-weight champion in his seventh and a three-weight world champion in his twelfth. He has lost just once, in his second fight against Orlando Salido and has since gone on to dismantle each of his opponents, boasting a 12-1 record.

What is the full fight schedule?

Gilberto Ramirez vs Tommy Karpency

Arnold Barboza Jr vs Mike Alvarado

Alexander Besputin vs Alfredo Blanco

Janibek Alimkhanuly vs Cristian Olivas

Vijender Singh vs Calvin Metcalf

Guido Vianello vs Lawrence Gabriel

Chris Zavala vs Sergio Gonzales

Elvis Rodriguez vs Kevin Luna

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/lom...124238091.html

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought/assumed this fight was in the UK Surely that wouldve made more sense.... This is so unlikely to be anything more than Loma going through the motions, and the undercard looks weak.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fights like this will get Loma another fighter of the year award.

Thread Information