Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Vasyl Lomachenko v Anthony Crolla

Vasyl Lomachenko wants Anthony Crolla summer fight, says Bob Arum as champion’s next fight is revealed

The pound-for-pound king's promoter says he is eyeing a fight on British soil this summer

Vasyl Lomachenko wants to fight Anthony Crolla in the UK this summer, according to his promoter Bob Arum.

The three-weight world champion and pound-for-pound star is planning a British bout after witnessing Anthony Joshua defeat Alexander Povetkin at Wembley Stadium in September.

However, this will not be Loma’s next bout, as the Top Rank chairman revealed he is scheduled to return at The Forum in Los Angeles on April 12.

Regarding who his opponent would be, Arum exclusively told talkSPORT.com: “We’re doing a fight February 2 [Richard Commey vs Isa Chaniev], for the vacant IBF lightweight title and both guys have signed to meet Lomachenko for April.

“If that happens, that will be his next fight.”

Vasyl Lomachenko already holds two of the four major lightweight world titles – the WBA and WBO – and could then pick up his third in April.

After that, the intention is for the 2012 Olympic gold medallist to re-introduce himself to the British crowd.

“For the summer, I’d like to bring him over here and arrange this Crolla [fight],” Arum continued, speaking in London on Tuesday.

“I know Loma would love to fight in the UK.”

Away from Lomachenko, Bob Arum discussed a number of fights and fighters he is on the verge of securing for Top Rank.

A WBO super-bantamweight title rematch between new champion Emanuel Navarrete and young star Isaac Dogboe is in the pipeline for May

And the promoter confirmed they are working on signing IBF light-heavyweight champion Artur Beterbiev and Spanish welterweight star Kerman Lejarraga.

As well as this, Arum stated Jorge Linares is a target: “I’m meeting with his promoter, Honda, from Japan and he wants to fight either Jose Ramirez at 140lbs or a rematch with Vasyl Lomachenko.

“We’re gonna work something out with Honda who’s a good friend of ours.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...la-next-fight/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vasyl Lomachenko v Anthony Crolla

Waste of time, I hope some of these guys at 130 move up soon.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have to give it to TR’s matchmaking. Crawford and Loma are P4P best without even challenging themselves

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Be great to see Loma fight over here again, although preferably someone competitive would be nice. Maybe if he wears a blindfold and they tie breeze blocks to his feet Crolla will win a second of a round. This is the most uninspiring matchup for an elite currently being mooted.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Always great to se Loma fight. Don't know how realistic it is but I sure hope to watch him against Manny.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds like a big step sideways and Arum getting a little ahead. Like to see Loma ringside for the Commey fight in Feb if that's the one next for him in April.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Disappointing if true, I was hoping to see Crolla face a real test this year instead of taking on Salidos leftovers. I thought he could be in the conversation with Rocky Fielding for fighter of the century so far, but he doesn’t seem willing to prove himself the same way.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Be great to see Loma fight over here again, although preferably someone competitive would be nice. Maybe if he wears a blindfold and they tie breeze blocks to his feet Crolla will win a second of a round. This is the most uninspiring matchup for an elite currently being mooted.
    That is a plus for Brits, no offense to Crolla but I think Campbell would be more competitive.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PiccoloSNM View Post
    Always great to se Loma fight. Don't know how realistic it is but I sure hope to watch him against Manny.
    Welcome to the site

A Pac fight would be nice, but I don't see Manny dropping in weight, would Loma go to 140 or 147 for the fight?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Welcome to the site

A Pac fight would be nice, but I don't see Manny dropping in weight, would Loma go to 140 or 147 for the fight?
    For Manny? I am sure Loma would make an exception and do it.

Now that would be a fight!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think I like that. Manny is 40 years old and it's a lose - lose for Loma. If he wins = manny was old, if he loses = he's overrated.
    Plus I don't like the idea of a legend like Manny who is now Arum-free to lose to an Arum fighter and pass the torch on so to speak.

Loma and Mikey is the fight to be made and hopefully we will see it at the back end of 2019, once Mikey has taken his hiding from Spence.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing’s pound-for-pound king Vasyl Lomachenko braves the snow half naked as purse bids are ordered for Anthony Crolla fight

Crolla is the WBA mandatory challenger and he could face the Ukrainian in Manchester

Vasyl Lomachenko refused to let snowy conditions prevent him from enjoying a morning drink outside.

The 30-year-old three-weight boxing champion – widely regarded as the sport’s current pound-for-pound king – posted a video to his social media which saw him heading outside half-naked despite adverse weather conditions.

Lomachenko had to trek through a significant amount of settled snow to do so and then needed to clear a chair.

However, the Ukrainian ultimately had no trouble and proved his fearlessness of the elements.

Promoter Bob Arum told talkSPORT last week that Vasyl Lomachenko is scheduled to return on April 12 in yet another unification fight.

The WBA and WBO lightweight titlist is planned to face the winner of February’s vacant IBF bout between Richard Commey and Isa Chaniev at The Forum in Los Angeles, USA.

After that, Arum aims to bring the London 2012 Olympic gold medallist back to the UK, for his first professional contest in the country.

WBA mandatory challenger Anthony Crolla is the proposed opponent for a clash that would potentially take place in Manchester.

However, the governing body have made a move to potentially scupper this plan by ordering purse bids for Lomachenko vs Crolla on February 4.

The WBA want him to make his mandatory defence next, rather than wait until the summer, though it remains to be seen how the situation will play out.

It’s very possible Arum will be able to gain an exception to allow his man to take on Commey/Chaniev in a unification before then fighting the Brit as intended.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...machenko-snow/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vasyl Lomachenko vs Anthony Crolla put on hold by WBA as governing body allow Richard Commey unification

The 30-year-old has been sanctioned to have one more bout before facing the Brit

Vasyl Lomachenko has been granted permission to unify belts against Richard Commey next, rather than face mandatory Anthony Crolla.

The Ukrainian currently holds the WBA and WBO lightweight world titles while his Ghanaian opponent recently won the IBF crown.

British challenger Crolla had been ordered to face Lomachenko as the champion’s next defence, however he’s since applied for an exception to the rule, which has been granted by the WBA.

Promoter Eddie Hearn explained to FightHype: “The official ruling was made yesterday by the WBA.

“They’ll allow the Commey fight as long as it happens in April.”

Lomachenko’s next fight is already pencilled in for April 12 at The Forum in Los Angeles, USA, with Richard Commey having signed for the unification in advance.

Whether the bout takes place or not all depends on whether Commey will be fit after suffering a hand injury in his title win over Isa Chaniev on Saturday.

Commey is due for a scan on his hand on Thursday, with Hearn optimistic his man could yet come back into the picture.

The Matchroom boss continued: “I think it’s unlikely [Lomachenko vs Commey in April] and that means he has to fight Crolla.

“I think there’s a great chance that Crolla could fight Lomachenko as early as April.”

As things stand, it’s Lomachenko vs Commey on April 12 in LA, but this could change depending on Commey’s scan – with Crolla waiting to swoop in for his title opportunity.

You can watch the full FightHype interview with Eddie Hearn below.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...y-unification/

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Commey's injured hand doesn't derail the Loma unification. I heard that Loam would fight someone else other than Crolla next, even if it's not Commey.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vasyl Lomachenko must fight Anthony Crolla next after Richard Commey unification falls through

Talks are now underway for the biggest challenge of the Brit’s career

Unified lightweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko has to defend his belts against British mandatory challenger Anthony Crolla next.

The WBA and WBO titleholder was granted an exception which would have allowed him to unify with newly crowned IBF king Richard Commey on April 12, however the Ghanaian has suffered a hand injury.
    This means that WBA mandatory Crolla now returns to the fray, with promoter Eddie Hearn confirming on social media that he is next in line.

It’s being widely reported that talks have begun to try and make the fight for April 12 at the Staples Center in LA – the date already pencilled in for Lomachenko’s return.

If a deal cannot be made, a purse bid is scheduled for Wednesday February 13 to ensure the contest takes place.

Anthony Crolla previously held the WBA lightweight title before losing twice to Jorge Linares in 2016 and 2017.

Vasyl Lomachenko stopped Linares in a 2018 thriller, during which time Crolla earned the chance for to win back his old belt with a final eliminator win over Daud Yordan.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...y-crolla-next/

Thread Information