Vasyl Lomachenko wants Anthony Crolla summer fight, says Bob Arum as champion’s next fight is revealed

The pound-for-pound king's promoter says he is eyeing a fight on British soil this summer

Vasyl Lomachenko wants to fight Anthony Crolla in the UK this summer, according to his promoter Bob Arum.

The three-weight world champion and pound-for-pound star is planning a British bout after witnessing Anthony Joshua defeat Alexander Povetkin at Wembley Stadium in September.

However, this will not be Loma’s next bout, as the Top Rank chairman revealed he is scheduled to return at The Forum in Los Angeles on April 12.

Regarding who his opponent would be, Arum exclusively told talkSPORT.com: “We’re doing a fight February 2 [Richard Commey vs Isa Chaniev], for the vacant IBF lightweight title and both guys have signed to meet Lomachenko for April.

“If that happens, that will be his next fight.”

Vasyl Lomachenko already holds two of the four major lightweight world titles – the WBA and WBO – and could then pick up his third in April.

After that, the intention is for the 2012 Olympic gold medallist to re-introduce himself to the British crowd.

“For the summer, I’d like to bring him over here and arrange this Crolla [fight],” Arum continued, speaking in London on Tuesday.

“I know Loma would love to fight in the UK.”

Away from Lomachenko, Bob Arum discussed a number of fights and fighters he is on the verge of securing for Top Rank.

A WBO super-bantamweight title rematch between new champion Emanuel Navarrete and young star Isaac Dogboe is in the pipeline for May

And the promoter confirmed they are working on signing IBF light-heavyweight champion Artur Beterbiev and Spanish welterweight star Kerman Lejarraga.

As well as this, Arum stated Jorge Linares is a target: “I’m meeting with his promoter, Honda, from Japan and he wants to fight either Jose Ramirez at 140lbs or a rematch with Vasyl Lomachenko.

“We’re gonna work something out with Honda who’s a good friend of ours.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...la-next-fight/