Thread: Pac-Broner/Badou Jack-Marcus Browne/Warren-Oubaali / ITV4 Saturday 2am

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pac-Broner/Badou Jack-Marcus Browne/Warren-Oubaali / ITV4 Saturday 2am

When you have Floyd ringside describing it as a chess match you wonder if you are watching the same fight. Broner spent 12 rounds warming up for post fight self delusion. Manny made to look more effective and dominant than he would be against many others waiting for their dance ticket, but still did more than enough for a wide card.

What is the point of Broner?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pac-Broner/Badou Jack-Marcus Browne/Warren-Oubaali / ITV4 Saturday 2am

In fairness after 4 rounds or whatever it was, it still looked like it could become a fight, like broner was trying to figure something out and might find a rhythm. I know that’s what he always looks like throughout every fight, suppose nobody should’ve been fooled this time.

Of course it’s easier for him to seem reasonable around Broner, but Floyd generally has been alright when he’s interviewed ringside during fights. He doesn’t seem to play favourites and usually has it scored about right.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Badou Jack lost a lot of blood.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    When you have Floyd ringside describing it as a chess match you wonder if you are watching the same fight. Broner spent 12 rounds warming up for post fight self delusion. Manny made to look more effective and dominant than he would be against many others waiting for their dance ticket, but still did more than enough for a wide card.

The point of Broner is to show that, by manipulating the rules, talking trash and acting stupid, you can get more than most that try to do it right.

How did Ouubali look? There is a young man from Texas named Dimas DeLeon that I saw when he was an amateur and have followed since. He was brought in to work with Ouubali for his last week of hard sparring. Dimas is 19 years old, 7-0 with 6 KOs. Very worth watching.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post

The point of Broner is to show that, by manipulating the rules, talking trash and acting stupid, you can get more than most that try to do it right.

How did Ouubali look? There is a young man from Texas named Dimas DeLeon that I saw when he was an amateur and have followed since. He was brought in to work with Ouubali for his last week of hard sparring. Dimas is 19 years old, 7-0 with 6 KOs. Very worth watching.
    Oubaali started slow against Warren but when he got into a rhythm he took over the 2nd half of the fight. He is short, stocky and has a punchers physique but has good boxing ability.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    In fairness after 4 rounds or whatever it was, it still looked like it could become a fight, like broner was trying to figure something out and might find a rhythm. I know that’s what he always looks like throughout every fight, suppose nobody should’ve been fooled this time.

Of course it’s easier for him to seem reasonable around Broner, but Floyd generally has been alright when he’s interviewed ringside during fights. He doesn’t seem to play favourites and usually has it scored about right.
    Floyd's scoring has been surprisingly unbiased and on point in these recent shows - he had Fury and Pac whupping Wilder and Broner. However, it's probably just a coincidence but his scores have been very similar to the Showtime official scorer - Steve Farhood.

Wonder if he gets a heads up from the booth before old Jim starts the segment.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post

Oubali/Warren was well matched but Oubali deserved his UD. Both had there spells and cancelled each other out technically for large parts of it. Warren (who even out pimped Broner for the most ridiculous ring outfit pre-fight) was not able to avenge his loss to Oubali in the 2012 Olympics, but hit him with a good straight left in the eighth round. Looking at DeLeon it looks like when he hits people with his left, hooks or uppercuts, they go down and stay down. Looks like an exciting prospect if they can match him well, going to give people their monies worth.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information