Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jaime Munguia vs. Takeshi Inoue

Jaime Munguia sees action for the first time in 2019, as he puts his WBO junior middleweight title on the line Saturday, Jan. 26 against Takeshi Inoue at the Toyota Center in Houston, live and exclusively on DAZN.

Munguia (31-0, 26 KOs) took the boxing world by storm in 2018 by competing five times — highlighted by his crushing fourth-round TKO of Sadam Ali in May to win the WBO championship. The 22-year-old followed that up with two successful title defenses in wrecking Liam Smith in July and Brandon Cook in September.

Inoue (13-0-1, 7 KOs) ventures outside his home country of Japan for only the second time, having competed in Thailand in September 2016. The 29-year-old earned the right to face Munguia by defeating Yuki Nonaka in April.

Will one of the sport's brightest young stars continue to grow as a fighter or will Inoue be able to rise to the occasion when he battles the toughest opponent of his career?

Jaime Munguia vs. Takeshi Inoue takes place on Saturday, Jan. 26. The undercard begins at 7 p.m. ET followed by the main card at 9 p.m. Munguia and Inoue are expected to enter the ring around 11:30 p.m.

https://s.yimg.com/it/api/res/1.2/uz...f81e8ffb1cdfbd
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jaime Munguia vs. Takeshi Inoue

Not familiar with Inoue have to look into it. Had someone try to tell me that Munguia is another Fernando Vargas and I think he meant it as an insult . Aside fro the haircut and Nationality Vargas was 10 times more polished. Munguia is must see tv though, very fan friendly style.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Inoue, but this may be a step a little too far at this stage. I do see him winning some rounds tho.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jaime Munguia sees action for the first time in 2019, as he puts his WBO junior middleweight title on the line Saturday, Jan. 26 against Takeshi Inoue at the Toyota Center in Houston, live and exclusively on DAZN.

Munguia (31-0, 26 KOs) took the boxing world by storm in 2018 by competing five times — highlighted by his crushing fourth-round TKO of Sadam Ali in May to win the WBO championship. The 22-year-old followed that up with two successful title defenses in wrecking Liam Smith in July and Brandon Cook in September.

Inoue (13-0-1, 7 KOs) ventures outside his home country of Japan for only the second time, having competed in Thailand in September 2016. The 29-year-old earned the right to face Munguia by defeating Yuki Nonaka in April.

Will one of the sport's brightest young stars continue to grow as a fighter or will Inoue be able to rise to the occasion when he battles the toughest opponent of his career?

Jaime Munguia and Takeshi Inoue will fight at the Toyota Center in Houston. It will mark the first time Munguia fights in Houston, while Inoue is making his U.S. debut.

Munguia vs. Inoue betting odds
    According to ProBoxingOdds.com, Jaime Munguia is a -3,500 favorite, which means you'll need to bet $3,500 to win $100. Meanwhile, Inoue is a +1647 underdog, meaning if you bet $100, you could win $1,647.

Jaime Munguia record and bio
    Name: Jaime Munguia
    Nationality: Mexican
    Born: October 6, 1996
    Height: 6-0
    Reach: N/A
    Total fights: 31
    Record: 31-0 with 26 knockouts.

Takeshi Inoue record and bio
    Name: Takeshi Inoue
    Nationality: Japanese
    Born: December 1, 1989
    Height: 5-8
    Reach: N/A
    Total fights:14
    Record: 13-0-1 with seven knockouts.

Munguia vs. Inoue fight card
    Matchup Class Belt
    Jamie Munguia vs. Takeshi Inoue Jr. Middleweight WBO
    Jesus Rojas vs. Xu Can Featherweight WBA (Regular)
    Vergil Ortiz Jr. vs. TBA Jr. Welterweight ...
    Lucas Fernandez vs. Joshua Franco Bantamweight ...
    Alberto Melian vs. Edgar Ortega Jr. Featherweight ...
    Alex Rincon vs. Jeremy Ramos Jr. Middleweight ...
    George Rincon vs. Eduardo Reyes Jr. Welterweight ...
    James Wilson vs. TBA Heavyweight ...

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/jai...191253845.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Munguia's a human wrecking ball, and at 6 feet tall has the body frame be fighting at middleweight and above. Inoue will last as long as he can avoid the bombs Munguia will be winging from all angles, and then it's goodnight Irene. By the way, Inoue will be severely outweighed at fight time.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

George Rincon, a welterweight fighting on the card, is actually named John. When he was an amateur, I was real close to relocating to train him until the hurricane shut down the gym and the place where I was going to work.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    George Rincon, a welterweight fighting on the card, is actually named John. When he was an amateur, I was real close to relocating to train him until the hurricane shut down the gym and the place where I was going to work.
    Sorry, different Rincon. There are three guys with that surname on the undercard. Crazy.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Greynutstools m8 or non m8 wins in 90 seconds, errr he looked alright but the enemy was done in less than a minute from a body shot so I suspect his conditioning was just amateurish, ref stopped it too, so good him.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sergio mora commentating assistant(I don't know his name) claims it's harder to fight a counter puncher rather than some one coming in his face :S.... I assume he speaks from experience...

Argentina lomachenko(:S) fights a Mexican called ortiz, argyle bargy moves around fairly well and it's his 4th pro fight and he's going 10 rounds quite easy v a fairly competent fellow, he's still moving around pretty quick too. They are planning to get him fighting for a world title in his tenth pro fight. .. oh lovely left hook from argy with 90 scones left knocks down Mexican then he jumps on him on restart and ref stops it... good work from old melon.... maybe he can win one of the easier titles soon.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some guy called the boxing barber fights another Rincon now.... the boxing barber apparently cut adrien broner hair once..... I hope he losses

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Other Rincon looks very Tall for the weight, good reach too, really good build for boxing I think.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tall Rincon wins, he did well but had some problems from the boxing barber and seemed to have a bit of trouble stopping him unleashing his retaliatory combos on him...

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Virgil (not the puppet from thunderbirdS, shame) pounds the opponent, corner doesn't want to stop it, geezer doesn't want to quit he's cut bad so luckily for him the ref stopped him...no Mercante stoppage here.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jesus Rojas v xu can or xu cannot move his head if the commentators are to be believen. .. this fight is for the extradition status of wanzhou men. . If can wins she goes free if the other fellow wins she's extradited to Puerto Rico. .. a strange stipulation but better than it being forbade wbc Baltic title or something.

Can man came out to Chinese rap music, better than french Montana, I approve

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually a fairly interesting fight so far at the start of the second round, can can unleash some good flurries, seems to have some power on em too.. Jesus is hitting him to though, Rojas look more solid though so I think he'll outlast the China man. .. I hope chinaman can wins though

Thread Information