Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anthony Joshua vs Jarrell Miller

Anthony Joshua vs Jarrell Miller, Madison Square Garden, New York City, Saturday June 1st 2019.

WBO, WBA, IBF, IBO Heavyweight Titles

DAZN & Sky Sports Box Office

Date may be changed to June 8th.

Miller is very strong and durable, and not a bad boxer. This will be a difficult fight for Joshua.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua vs Jarrell Miller

Is this fight official? Not over excited about the fight. Joshua should beat this fucker easy. If he don’t, he’s not what most people think he is.
    There is no reason whatsoever that Miller should be coming in at the weight he does. It’s not professional , indisciplined and arrogant in my book.
    And he has beaten nobody that warrants him competing at elite level.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Is this fight official? Not over excited about the fight. Joshua should beat this fucker easy. If he don’t, he’s not what most people think he is.
    There is no reason whatsoever that Miller should be coming in at the weight he does. It’s not professional , indisciplined and arrogant in my book.
    Should be announced next week.

https://twitter.com/BoxingKingdom14/...09470151479296

Jarrell Miller may be fat and ugly, but he's very strong and durable, and has some decent boxing skills. I think he's a more dangerous opponent for Joshua than Whyte.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Feels like Hearn dropped the ball on building Miller to this one. Blowouts v the ghost of Adamek and a TBA in half empty arenas don't leave you measuring what he has, just hoping the showcase is over quick. Honestly for the US debut of AJ it puts a New York face on it but still meh. Wouldn't be surprised if they're just floating this as a stand by type and wind up with a Whyte. Meanwhile Miller picks up a trinket from the guy who beat Flores in an eliminator .

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Should be announced next week.

https://twitter.com/BoxingKingdom14/...09470151479296

Jarrell Miller may be fat and ugly, but he's very strong and durable, and has some decent boxing skills. I think he's a more dangerous opponent for Joshua than Whyte.
    To be honest, I don’t think he is a more dangerous opponent. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a big fan of Whyte either , and I would probably have been equally displeased with that fight as well.
    But we already know that Whyte will have a go against Joshua . He’ll get beat , but he won’t die wondering. We know that because he’s already done that.
    But Miller, you watch , on fight night , he’ll just shrink mentally and go into survival mode.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 02-03-2019 at 05:29 PM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well AJ wasn't getting Fury or Wilder. Miller is a good bet. I'm more shocked that the fight will be at MSG.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ loved it in NYC when he was over there a few weeks ago, MSG seems to be where Hearn has set up camp in the US.
    AJ fighting Miller isn't gonna attract massive attention and pull in the man in the street type sports fans but its a start.
    Bottom line is Fury has beat him to it and has been really well received in the US.
    A Fury win against Wilder will put him even further ahead of AJ in terms of cracking the states.
    There's not even a wealth of name US Heavies that AJ and Fury can work through to build up their profiles either so i dont really get why AJ didnt keep the April Wembley date and beat Miller in front of 90,000.
    I think its a jealousy thing and he's realised Fury is the peoples champion currently.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua shouldn't have any trouble missing Miller, as he is the size of Brachiosaurus & weighs about the same as one too.
    The legend of Drederick Tatum!Hidden Content

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miller looks like a tough tank, Joshua would have to spin around him with some uppercuts and then the rest of the time keep him at the end of a jab.
    He's been the distance 3 times, April 18 was the last time he did this.
    Last edited by sanatogen; 02-04-2019 at 07:48 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Having watched the last half-a-dozen Miller fights live (not in the venue) i've got past that 300lb fatman lark. I don't know about fat people but he seems to carry his size really well, like he's naturally heavy boned (yeah, I know). He has a good workrate for a heavyweight and wins most his fights with sheer pressure. He also has a rock solid beard.

These modern fatty's ain't Butterbean, they seem to have stamina and look comfortable.

I don't see him as a doddle for anyone, although getting consistently clumped by an explosive puncher might quickly convince me otherwise.
    Last edited by Fenster; 02-05-2019 at 06:01 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MUMMY'S BOY ‘I’m still gonna take his mum out on a date’ – Jarrell Miller plans to beat Anthony Joshua at Madison Square Garden and then take his mum out

'Big Baby' has begun the war of words with the unified world heavyweight champion ahead of their proposed bout in June

Jarrell ‘Big Baby’ Miller has promised to take Anthony Joshua’s mum out on a date after taking his world heavyweight titles.

The Brooklyn brawler has reportedly agreed terms to fight Joshua at Madison Square Garden in June this year, as the Brit looks to crack the US market.

While Miller refused to confirm the fight was 100% done, the unbeaten American revealed he was looking forward to getting in the ring with his proposed opponent.

Speaking to Sirius XM Boxing, the 23-1 fighter said: “It’s not 100 per cent yet, but I’m really looking forward to punching AJ in the goddamn mouth. So we gonna see.

“I was quiet for a little while, I had to take care of some internal stuff. We’re still having out, you know, these errors. But the ‘AJ’ fight is in the grasp and we’re trying to hash out the last couple of details.

“He wants to come to America and I think it’s going to be great for USA boxing, especially for American boxing.”

n an incredible Instagram rant last month, Miller called Joshua ‘G string’ and the pair even had to be held back during an angry confrontation in September of last year.

And while Miller will undoubtedly enter the contest as an underdog, ‘Big Baby’ is planning on causing an upset.

“I’ve been waiting for the moment to shock the world,” he added. “AJ is a real big hype job. And when he fights a real gritty, hungry, mean person like me, it’s going to be a whole different story, man.

“After I beat AJ I’m still gonna take his mum out on a date. So leak that conversation.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...square-garden/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    MUMMY'S BOY ‘I’m still gonna take his mum out on a date’ – Jarrell Miller plans to beat Anthony Joshua at Madison Square Garden and then take his mum out

'Big Baby' has begun the war of words with the unified world heavyweight champion ahead of their proposed bout in June

Jarrell ‘Big Baby’ Miller has promised to take Anthony Joshua’s mum out on a date after taking his world heavyweight titles.

The Brooklyn brawler has reportedly agreed terms to fight Joshua at Madison Square Garden in June this year, as the Brit looks to crack the US market.

While Miller refused to confirm the fight was 100% done, the unbeaten American revealed he was looking forward to getting in the ring with his proposed opponent.

Speaking to Sirius XM Boxing, the 23-1 fighter said: “It’s not 100 per cent yet, but I’m really looking forward to punching AJ in the goddamn mouth. So we gonna see.

“I was quiet for a little while, I had to take care of some internal stuff. We’re still having out, you know, these errors. But the ‘AJ’ fight is in the grasp and we’re trying to hash out the last couple of details.

“He wants to come to America and I think it’s going to be great for USA boxing, especially for American boxing.”

n an incredible Instagram rant last month, Miller called Joshua ‘G string’ and the pair even had to be held back during an angry confrontation in September of last year.

And while Miller will undoubtedly enter the contest as an underdog, ‘Big Baby’ is planning on causing an upset.

“I’ve been waiting for the moment to shock the world,” he added. “AJ is a real big hype job. And when he fights a real gritty, hungry, mean person like me, it’s going to be a whole different story, man.

“After I beat AJ I’m still gonna take his mum out on a date. So leak that conversation.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...square-garden/

Shouldn't it be Barrel Miller? Another disgraceful 'contender' in a piss poor field.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can see AJ beating the absolute shit out of Miller, there's a bit of beef between them so i wanna see AJ systematically bust him up then bang him out.
    AJ needs to put on a devastating show and wow the US audience.
    Joshua by brutal KO for me

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    AJ loved it in NYC when he was over there a few weeks ago, MSG seems to be where Hearn has set up camp in the US.
    AJ fighting Miller isn't gonna attract massive attention and pull in the man in the street type sports fans but its a start.
    Bottom line is Fury has beat him to it and has been really well received in the US.
    A Fury win against Wilder will put him even further ahead of AJ in terms of cracking the states.
    There's not even a wealth of name US Heavies that AJ and Fury can work through to build up their profiles either so i dont really get why AJ didnt keep the April Wembley date and beat Miller in front of 90,000.
    I think its a jealousy thing and he's realised Fury is the peoples champion currently.
    Nah. Miller has a huge fan base from Brooklyn because he is a Brooklyn native. People are gonna show p for the local boy!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information