Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Larry Merchant destroyed fights with his sour commentary!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Larry Merchant destroyed fights with his sour commentary!

Just because he is Jewish does not mean he considers himself to not be white or superior.

Keep making a fool of yourself with your posts.
    Last edited by Master; 02-04-2019 at 04:57 PM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Dunno bud his breakdown just now was pretty legit. I came in full on Kovalev fan and root for him but as Max says, he doesn't take responsibility and comes off like he's looking for scape goats. Blaming others for what happens to him, imagine that.

Oh no...and McGirt is training him now
    And McGirt has done a good job.

Kellerman was his usual self tonight, unfairly negative about Kovalev as he's always been. He's always disparaged Hatton, Calzaghe, the Klitschkos, and every other good white fighter.
    I’ll admit it’s funny, ignorant or funny. Either way, funny. Tip of the cap

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Just because he is Jewish does not mean he considers himself consider himself to not be white or superior.

If some people are so naive to think my posting the truth is "making a fool" of myself, then so be it.

It's not because Kellerman is Jewish, not all Jews consider themselves to be a "chosen" or "superior" race. For example, Al Bernstein has been fair in his commentary about white fighters in recent years. I've met him in Las Vegas, and he seems a genuinely nice guy. Larry Merchant (who changed his name from Kaufman) is also Jewish, but never showed any hate for white athletes.

Most people can easily tell Max Kellerman hates white boxers, he doesn't try to hide it. He is not against his own white Ashkenazi people, he's been an activist in an organization created to preserve the Yiddish language. By the way, in Yiddish the word for cattle "goyim" is the same as the word for gentiles.
    Last edited by Freedom; 02-05-2019 at 11:12 PM.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just because he is Jewish does not mean he considers himself consider himself to not be white or superior.

If some people are so naive to think my posting the truth is "making a fool" of myself, then so be it.

It's not because he is Jewish, not all Jews consider themselves to be a "chosen" or "superior" race. For example, Al Bernstein has been fair in his commentary about white fighters in recent years. I've met him in Las Vegas, and he seems a genuinely nice guy.

Most people can easily tell Max Kellerman hates white boxers, he doesn't try to hide it. He is not against his own white Ashkenazi people, he's been an activist in an organization created to preserve the Yiddish language. By the way, in Yiddish the word for cattle "goyim" is the same as the word for gentiles.
    Goy - Nation

Goy Kadosh - Holy Nation (Jews)

Goyim - Plural - Nations

Bakar - Cattle ...also can be interchanged with Freedom as in 'being full of shit'.

You have unwittingly dog whistled yourself as being an anti-semitic old fool by repeating the 'Goyim' old wives tale. You may want it to be true, but it ain't.

Max Kellerman may be an idiot but you don't get to speak for him or Other Jews or boxing fans in general

This may help you

http://www.jewornotjew.com/profile.jsp?ID=512

Verdict...Sadly a Jew
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Kellerman is white so it’s weird you think he is racist against white fighters. Biased is one thing but racist is ridiculous.
    He's Jewish, so he doesn't consider himself white. He believes he's superior.
    Now if you are talking about Roy Jones, then I will agree that he is very bias towards black fighters over white fighters.
    Roy will usually give white boxers credit when they deserve it, Max will not. Roy doesn't lie and minimize white fighters accomplishments like Kellerman. For example, I remember when Hatton KOed Jose Luis Castillo, Max immediately said "Castillo is shot".
    I honestly think you are the only person I’ve ever heard say that Kellerman is racist against white people. And Castillo was shot against Hatton. Jones is far more bias for black fighters. I’ve never once noticed it with Kellerman. If other people agree with you that’s fine, but it seems like you are the only one who notices.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I honestly think you are the only person I’ve ever heard say that Kellerman is racist against white people. And Castillo was shot against Hatton. Jones is far more bias for black fighters. I’ve never once noticed it with Kellerman. If other people agree with you that’s fine, but it seems like you are the only one who notices.
    Many people can see Max hates white boxers, it's obvious. Read YouTube comments, and comments from fans on other forums.

Roy Jones is much less biased than Kellerman, for example he was honest about Kovalev deserving to win the first fight against Ward. Jones agreed with the Calzaghe's decision win over Hopkins, Kellerman called it a robbery.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    This may help you

Verdict...Sadly a Jew
    I saw that before. I posted that same link one time on another forum, but the mods deleted it. Even Kellerman own people are ashamed of him, he's not as clever and subtle as most Jews, he doesn't hide his feelings toward white gentiles.

According to that site, Klitschkos have some Jewish heritage, Froch does not.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This may help you

Verdict...Sadly a Jew
    I saw that before. I posted that same link one time on another forum, but the mods deleted it. Even Kellerman own people are ashamed of him, he's not as clever and subtle as most Jews, he doesn't hide his feelings toward white gentiles.

According to that site, Klitschkos have some Jewish heritage, Froch does not.
    If you think a persons religion, skin colour, race , ethnicity, class, intellect, etc is relevant on a boxing board. You have missed the entire point of the noble art. Idiot.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kellerman is white so it’s weird you think he is racist against white fighters. Biased is one thing but racist is ridiculous.
    He's Jewish, so he doesn't consider himself white. He believes he's superior.
    Now if you are talking about Roy Jones, then I will agree that he is very bias towards black fighters over white fighters.
    Roy will usually give white boxers credit when they deserve it, Max will not. Roy doesn't lie and minimize white fighters accomplishments like Kellerman. For example, I remember when Hatton KOed Jose Luis Castillo, Max immediately said "Castillo is shot".
    Boy you're stuck on those broad brushes aren't you . Max is equal opportunity absurd sometimes, he don't care if you're pink with purple stripes. He'll put his foot in his mouth to get his point across but truth be told..Castillo was mostly shot to pieces and it was obvious. A guy two yrs removed from his biggest win goes to 140 with a reputation for taking punishment (HBO loved it) who 'lost' to Ngoudjo before Hatton and who's legs looked weak in the 1st round. He never again won a top fight and gave a way a chance to fight Bradley because he wouldn't make weight. Castillo was well on his way out..Max was right. Now that was a great ko from Hatton, but sighting facts one way or the other doesn't make a guy "racist". Unless of course you have another problem with ol Kellerman of course .

Didn't he praise Tzsyu in a possible fight with Hatton? And say Wlad was supremely skilled and good for the sport but was just not that entertaining? Who hasn't said that? Didn't he also say Calzaghe was better than a top form Spinks. Now thats not racist. Maybe a bit looney possibly but zero to do with race.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Merchant doesn't really translate well here and Kellerman even less. Merchant may have been the colour commentary guy, and I can see the drunk uncle analogy, but for us here the nearest equivalent was probably Jim Watt. Unlike Merchant Jim was an ex pro who knew what it took to step thru those ropes but he was certainly a marmite character. Loads of people hated Watt, but i kind of liked him. I rarely agreed with him or his commentary but that is not the point. He became a familiar voice, and like a local draft beer that is not your favourite, but all that is available down the Ferrret and Felcher, you get used to it. It is like having an old friend, there next to you on the sofa, as much a tradition as the boring anthems and the rush to grab another bottle between rounds.

We are going to miss that with all this choice. Streams? Schmeems. Having to put up with stuff builds character and makes you enjoy the fight despite and sometimes because you want that timbre, that familiar roll and rhythm, even if it is to laugh at how diametrically opposed they may be to you in the reading of a fight.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you think a persons religion, skin colour, race , ethnicity, class, intellect, etc is relevant on a boxing board.
    It seems more relevant on boxing boards than anywhere else.

Boxing fans generally root for those who have something like religion, ethnicity, or race in common with them.

Pakistanis tend to support Amir Khan, Filipinos tend to support Filipino boxers, Scots support Scottish boxers like Taylor, Blacks tend to support Black boxerrs, Mexicans tend to support Mexican boxers, and so on. If there was a good Jewish boxer, I'm sure you'd be his fan. It's only natural and not racist to support one's own people. It's only racist if you hate those who are different from yourself.

And ethnicity and skin colour is very relevant to Max Kellerman, more so than any other commentator in boxing. He disparages white boxers and he praises black fighters (unless a black boxer loses to a white boxer, then he makes harshly negative comments about them too). He'll root for a Mexican (or an Asian like Golovkin) over a White American or European, but he always roots for Black boxers over Mexicans and Asians.

But don't get me wrong, some Jews like Dan Rafael and Larry Merchant do not have Kellerman's hate for white athletes.
    Last edited by Freedom; 02-05-2019 at 11:15 PM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't he praise Tzsyu in a possible fight with Hatton?
    I don't remember that, but he would support an Asian boxer like Tszyu (Kostya had a Korean mother, like Golovkin) over a White boxer like Hatton.
    And say Wlad was supremely skilled and good for the sport but was just not that entertaining?
    No. He said "the sport of boxing would be better without the Klitschkos" and went on and on many times about how the only reason Wlad was dominating was because it's a "weak division".
    Didn't he also say Calzaghe was better than a top form Spinks?
    No. He said Calzaghe was knocked down by a "shot" Eubank in their fight (a lie), that Hopkins was robbed against Calzaghe (a lie), and that Calzaghe only dominated 168 because it was a "weak division" (another lie).

Other examples:

Max said "Berto defeated Urango by a wider margin on the scorecards than Ricky Hatton did" after the Berto-Urango fight. That's a lie - check BoxRec for the scorecards.

Max said "Rahman is taking this fight on THREE weeks notice" during the Rahman-Klitschko HBO telecast. Old news reports on boxing sites can verify it was SIX weeks notice - Rahman agreed to the fight in late October and fought Wlad on Dec 13.

lie: "Most people thought Collazo beat Hatton"

lie: "Eubank knocked down Calzaghe in the first round of their fight"

lie: "Judah wasn't really hurt in his fight with Tszyu, it was an unfair stoppage"

lie: "Bute is MUCH bigger than Miranda"

lie: "The Klitschkos never get real KOs, just TKOs"

lie: "Calzaghe is doing more poorly against Roy than a shot Trinidad did"

Kellerman sees nothing but race. He'd root for Tszyu (half Russian, half Korean) over Hatton, but Judah over Tszyu.
    Last edited by Freedom; 02-10-2019 at 04:32 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just because he is Jewish does not mean he considers himself to not be white or superior.

Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you think a persons religion, skin colour, race , ethnicity, class, intellect, etc is relevant on a boxing board.
    It seems more relevant on boxing boards than anywhere else.

Boxing fans generally root for those who have something like religion, ethnicity, or race in common with them.

Pakistanis tend to support Amir Khan, Filipinos tend to support Filipino boxers, Scots support Scottish boxers like Taylor, Blacks tend to support Black boxerrs, Mexicans tend to support Mexican boxers, and so on. If there was a good Jewish boxer, I'm sure you'd be his fan. It's only natural and not racist to support one's own people. It's only racist if you hate those who are different from yourself.

And ethnicity and skin colour is very relevant to Max Kellerman, more so than any other commentator in boxing. He disparages white boxers and he praises black fighters (unless a black boxer loses to a white boxer, then he makes harshly negative comments about them too). He'll root for a Mexican (or an Asian like Golovkin) over a White American or European, but he always roots for Black boxers over Mexicans and Asians.
    I think every sports fan root for some person or team that they have something in common with. It’s not just boxing fans

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't he praise Tzsyu in a possible fight with Hatton?
    I don't remember that, but he would support an Asian boxer like Tszyu (Kostya had a Korean mother, like Golovkin) over a White boxer like Hatton.
    And say Wlad was supremely skilled and good for the sport but was just not that entertaining?
    No. He said "the sport of boxing would be better without the Klitschkos" and went on and on many times about how the only reason Wlad was dominating was because it's a "weak division".
    Didn't he also say Calzaghe was better than a top form Spinks?
    No. He said Calzaghe was knocked down by a "shot" Eubank in their fight (a lie), that Hopkins was robbed against Calzaghe (a lie), and that Calzaghe only dominated 168 because it was a "weak division" (another lie).
    Have you taken notes? I’m not saying you are lying but I have to see clips for all of these things you claim because it’s surprising if you could refute every one of those claims with specific examples.

Thread Information