Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua v Miller - June 1st NYC

I know a lot of people will shit on this fight but like I've said a hundred times I prefer it to the Whyte fight, new blood and all that. We all wanted Wilder or Fury but things have conspired against that so Joshua has to fight something. It should be an ideal showcase for AJ. Miller is a massive target and slow to go with it. He should hit him at will and avoid anything coming back in the other direction pretty easily.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Conspired?

Just look at what happened, they offered Wilder 15 with no upside, he’s set to make 38.5 with upside potential on top.

There is no conspiracy, they didn’t want the fight. The world is seeing they didn’t want the fight. At some point UK fans have to look at the numbers and say “it is painfully obvious they didn’t want the fight”

It’s good business if they make the fight next. If Wilder wins AJ and Wilder will both make a killing in a unification. Wilders star has grown tremendously. But for now they(Eddie and his puppy) are on the sidelines because of their decisions and only because of their decisions. No conspiring at all.

If Fury wins AJ and Fury make more than if they fought now. Far less than any matchup including Wilder because one market is lost but still loads. AJ took the least dangerous route. Can’t blame him but at the same time he’s not a guy that inspires. Fury got up from being practically a corpse, that’s inspiring. Wilder looks to go Ortiz, Fury, Fury, Joshua, that’s inspiring. That’s why their star grows. And AJ fights Miller, yawn. It’s the better fight to some only because it’s new, not because Miller is a better opponent. That’s about as far from inspiring as one can get. Go AJ,,, I guess.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Conspired?

Just look at what happened, they offered Wilder 15 with no upside, he’s set to make 38.5 with upside potential on top.

There is no conspiracy, they didn’t want the fight. The world is seeing they didn’t want the fight. At some point UK fans have to look at the numbers and say “it is painfully obvious they didn’t want the fight”

It’s good business if they make the fight next. If Wilder wins AJ and Wilder will both make a killing in a unification. Wilders star has grown tremendously. But for now they(Eddie and his puppy) are on the sidelines because of their decisions and only because of their decisions. No conspiring at all.

If Fury wins AJ and Fury make more than if they fought now. Far less than any matchup including Wilder because one market is lost but still loads. AJ took the least dangerous route. Can’t blame him but at the same time he’s not a guy that inspires. Fury got up from being practically a corpse, that’s inspiring. Wilder looks to go Ortiz, Fury, Fury, Joshua, that’s inspiring. That’s why their star grows. And AJ fights Miller, yawn. It’s the better fight to some only because it’s new, not because Miller is a better opponent. That’s about as far from inspiring as one can get. Go AJ,,, I guess.
    It was just words Ron, relax. I wasn't suggesting anything underhand (although that 50 mill?) had happened or legalities were breached, merely that (and lets pretend for a minute he wants the fights) Eddie/AJ couldn't get the Wilder or Fury fights over the line. That said, according to Eddie, conspiracy is exactly whats been going on, I'm sure you've seen the interviews. Now.......I know you cant bring yourself to endorse anything that comes from the mouth of young Edward and that's fine, your prerogative and all that. In the world of Ron, no proper offers were made to Wilder, Fury or Whyte and the 50 million offer from Wilder was legit and above board and AJ knocked it back through fear and fear alone. Lets park that there OK?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

joshua has 46 inch chest

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm happy about Wilder-Fury II...... and I'm happy about Joshua-Miller. Means Joshua isn't sitting on his ass posturing and waiting for the leaves to turn. He's fighting someone who's considered a top contender, and that should satisfy a lot of people. Personally, I don't rate Big Baby much.... and I think the fight result is a foregone conclusion. I'm glad Wilder and Fury got their rematch set up without either one fighting Joshua first. I'm of the group who believes AJ and his team f*cked around too much with Wilder, treating him as so much garbage. Fury stepped in and stole the limelight along with Wilder. For once AJ was left out in the cold. So good on him for fighting Miller now. I'm sure AJ-Wilder and/or AJ-Fury will happen soon enough.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At the moment, this is about the best fight for AJ so I’m not upset about it. Now I will be very upset if doesn’t fight the Wilder and Fury winner after though.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well AJ missed his April date at Wembley and now has adapted his plan to fight in the USA. I am sure it is not his preferred option but he is still getting big money and a potential new market.

AJ is the best heavyweight in the world and yet more people will be interested in the Wilder v Fury 2 fight than his own. He has only himself to blame.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Conspired?

It was just words Ron, relax. I wasn't suggesting anything underhand (although that 50 mill?) had happened or legalities were breached, merely that (and lets pretend for a minute he wants the fights) Eddie/AJ couldn't get the Wilder or Fury fights over the line. That said, according to Eddie, conspiracy is exactly whats been going on, I'm sure you've seen the interviews. Now.......I know you cant bring yourself to endorse anything that comes from the mouth of young Edward and that's fine, your prerogative and all that. In the world of Ron, no proper offers were made to Wilder, Fury or Whyte and the 50 million offer from Wilder was legit and above board and AJ knocked it back through fear and fear alone. Lets park that there OK?
    I have never once said AJ was scared. But you go ahead and put words in my mouth to make me wrong. That’s what dishonest people do. Again, exactly why I get more and more likely to insult this site. This is where it goes. Can’t debate something I say just lie. That’s twice today for you

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Well AJ missed his April date at Wembley and now has adapted his plan to fight in the USA. I am sure it is not his preferred option but he is still getting big money and a potential new market.

AJ is the best heavyweight in the world and yet more people will be interested in the Wilder v Fury 2 fight than his own. He has only himself to blame.
    Your last paragraph is exactly my issue with him.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When you think about it this has all turned out better for fight fans, AJ will beat the absolute shit out of Miller and look good doing it which sets things up perfectly for a mega unification fight with either Fury or Wilder.
    If its Fury v AJ thats 100% going down at Wembley (90,000 fans and 10pm UK time 😎) 2 UK fighters, promoters and tv networks guarantee that.
    If its Wilder it'll go down in Vegas or NYC.
    We haven't had an epic year in the Heavyweight Division like this in around 25 - 30 years.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    When you think about it this has all turned out better for fight fans, AJ will beat the absolute shit out of Miller and look good doing it which sets things up perfectly for a mega unification fight with either Fury or Wilder.
    If its Fury v AJ thats 100% going down at Wembley (90,000 fans and 10pm UK time 😎) 2 UK fighters, promoters and tv networks guarantee that.
    If its Wilder it'll go down in Vegas or NYC.
    We haven't had an epic year in the Heavyweight Division like this in around 25 - 30 years.
    Worse fights are better for fight fans?

AJ doesn’t need a showcase to fight Wilder or Fury next. He just has to choose to fight them.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why did dagestanboxing get banned? He's come up with some brilliant posts.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ by KO.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information