Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dubois v Cojanu/Yarde v Reeves - 8/3/19 Royal Albert Hall

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    They’re talking about Yarde being mandatory for Kovalev and fighting him next. Trust me , that won’t happen. All a bit meh for me.
    How can you not admire Yardes skill? He is boxing beautifully, appreciate it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yarde landed some hurtful uppercuts and combinations in round 4.

Reeves is trying his best and not caving in.

4 nil

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yarde stops Reeves in the 5th round with accumulation of punches. Good stoppage by the ref.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    They’re talking about Yarde being mandatory for Kovalev and fighting him next. Trust me , that won’t happen. All a bit meh for me.
    How can you not admire Yardes skill? He is boxing beautifully, appreciate it.
    He’s ok. He doesn’t do anything badly. But he is mandatory and listen to the mixed messages from Warren and Woodhall. He’s ready, he’s not ready.
    At this moment in time, he doesn’t beat any of the title holders including Kovalev.
    They clearly deep down don’t think he’s ready. And he’s not !
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pah, whilst you fellows were watching competent professionals match room Italy were broadcasting an errrr just not that good of a card... I was actually working so I only listened to it and then watched the main event once I got home..... three fights broadcast, woman's fight had the Italian women head but the Mexican opponent and smash her nose bad, for a woman's fight it actually had some good power punches landed. Mexican won.

Ukrainian git half beat up some Belgian git, his brother was apparently euro title level :S, to a unanimous decision. ..

Main event had heavily tattooed ltalian daniele scardina v a git from the great boxing land of Finland. .. listening to alex Arthurs commentary this sounded like a fairly close fight, after I watched it, alex Arthur is a total plum :S.... he's good at spotting weaknesses and so on but he picKS the guy he likes and champions him the whole fight.. scardina is not great but wotever, I like these match room Italy cards, the crowd was small biit seemed into it, more countries with a boxing followin is good for the world title scene. So mon the wops..

This has nothing to do with whatever this thread was about.. aha to stay relevant to thread, only person to properly stop kingpin is joshua, so I wouldn't hold a ud v kingpin against dubious daniel.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dubois has got fierce power and looked good last night.
    Joshua Buatsi would murder Yarde tommorow if they met and Yarde knows it.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Yarde rises to the occasion with 18th straight win as boxing makes glorious Royal Albert Hall return

Anthony Yarde soaked up the rarified atmosphere of the Royal Albert Hall to extend his unbeaten streak to 18 with a fifth-round stoppage of Travis Reeves in his sixth defence of the WBO Intercontinental light heavyweight title.

After a slow opening round, in which Yarde landed a keen counter left hook which momentarily wobbled Reeves, a 38-year-old fighter from Baltimore, he raised his tempo through the rounds and went for broke in the fifth with a barrage of mainly right-hand power punches.

Yarde, ranked No1 by the World Boxing Organisation, could step up to a world title fight this year against Russia's Sergey Kovalev, the reigning 175lb champion.

Earlier, the Peacock Gym trained heavyweight Daniel Dubois moved to 10 fights unbeaten with a spectacular second round stoppage of Razvan Cojanu to win the WBO European title.

Dubois was caught by some handy counters in the opening salvos but once the Romanian chose to stand toe to toe with the Londoner in the second round, Dubois produced a left-right-left combination to flatten him. The final left hook left its stamp on the contest.

Dubois now has nine victories by knockout and it was another impressive display from the highly-touted 21-year-old, who is being seen as a potential word title challenger in the future. Dubois could meet fellow unbeaten British prospect Nathan Gorman after what promoter Frank Warren branded a "statement" victory.

"I'd fight him tomorrow, I'm ready for the fight," said Gorman, here working ringside for BT Sport, speaking to The Telegraph. Gorman defeated Cojanu on points over 12 rounds last December.

Just before the main event, Wales' Liam Williams delivered a major statement in a two-round destruction of Essex middleweight Joe Mullender in his first defense of the British middleweight title.

This, only the second boxing event in 20 years to be staged at the Royal Albert Hall, had been scheduled for Nicola Adams, the double Olympic gold-medalist, to fight in her first world-title bout but an injury prevented the Leeds lass from doing so.

It left Yarde to make his mark which, indeed, he did. On a night he will treasure forever, fighting in the hall where the ghosts of Muhammad Ali, Sir Henry Cooper, Primo Carnera, Lennox Lewis, Frank Bruno and Jimmy Wilde still lurk. For British and world boxing, it has been a hall of fighting fame. Yarde joined them night.

It was also announced here that BT Sport Box Office will air Amir Khan's bid for the WBO world welterweight belt against unbeaten champion Terence Crawford on April 20 from Madison Square Garden, New York.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/ant...234039380.html

Thread Information