Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  19
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who beats Tyson?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who beats Mike Tyson?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who beats Mike Tyson?

What's more silly is the "long count" happens every single week all over the world but fans don't even realise or take a blind bit of notice. The famous events get scrutinized which leads fans to believe something untoward happened that is basically the norm.

How many fans even know commissions all over the world have different rules? Refs in Vegas have different instructions to those in New York, London and Tokyo. And that's ignoring their own personal characteristics.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    What's more silly is the "long count" happens every single week all over the world but fans don't even realise or take a blind bit of notice. The famous events get scrutinized which leads fans to believe something untoward happened that is basically the norm.

How many fans even know commissions all over the world have different rules? Refs in Vegas have different instructions to those in New York, London and Tokyo. And that's ignoring their own personal characteristics.
    So goes the sport though, the names always get the pop but you're right guys in clubs and no name venues get screwed over weekly in one regard or another. There are 'unifies rules' in place but it often comes down to the competency of local State commissions and everyone being on the same page and on the level. The biggest confusion still seems to be the ruling of NC or tech draws when it comes to cuts or fouls prematurely stopping a fight. The scoring of partial rounds is a recipe for problems imo.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Buster beat the count that was given so i really do not see what the point was in making a fuss over it. I mean he was waiting on the count he could have got up earlier if he needed to nothing to discuss really.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    No one forgets it, I just think people are bored of it. It's not ten seconds, it's a ten count. The press conference where Tyson's mob, led by Don were counting in unison was priceless, tragic, pathetic. No amount of counting or recounting changes anything, the referee is in charge of the count and Douglas beat it. We had the same nonsense with the Wilder Fury fight with interweb experts proving he was knocked out for reals.
    Thank you for explaining so i didn't have to lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    The side by side video means nothing. Douglas was down for a full 12/13 seconds, not on his way down but on his back because the ref fucked up and stsrted the count late. Meaning Tyson shouldn't have even been in the 9th or 10th rounds because he scored a KO victory in the 8th.
    You cant have one ref giving a fighter extra time to recover when most refs don't.
    What next..... a standing 11 count 😁
    Listen man just admit that you don't understand what a ten count is and move on

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As far as the original question, I think everyone that was already stopped by Tyson would have been again, no matter how bad he was against Douglas. He still had that aura, and most of the guys you list were scared, didn’t come to win. Smith and Tony tucker were the only guys you could give a chance, because both gave it a go and had proved they were well capable of going the distance. Neither boxed nearly as well as Douglas did that night, but Tucker May have been capable of fighting better than he did, wasnt it rumoured he went into the fight with a broken hand or something he stopped Douglas right before he fought Tyson as well.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Smith and Tucker gave it a go"? Seriously mate??

I watched both those 'fights' live, and I've watched them since.

Neither Tucker nor Bonecrusher genuinely turned up to win that fight. Tyson intimidated them both before the bell even rang and they just wanted to survive. Neither guy had a game plan beyond using their height to frustrate and grab Tyson on the way in.

Bonecrusher embarrassed himself by blatantly refusing to let go of Tyson as early as the second round. Both were shut out losses!
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

p4pking is right Tucker hurt his hand when he landed that uppercut against Tyson in the first round. Tony did give it a try for the early rounds after that he took a beating.

James clutched his way through the fight and only tried in the last round when he landed that big right hand.

Pinklon Thomas was the one I considered boxer who tried his best and took a brutal beating in the first round but still came back to survive until mid rounds before being brutally stopped.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Attached Images
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tucker also showed how to force Tyson back in the 15 round, even at the state he was trying.

Tuckers fight prior to that one was a KO of Buster Douglas, fancy that

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    "Smith and Tucker gave it a go"? Seriously mate??

I watched both those 'fights' live, and I've watched them since.

Neither Tucker nor Bonecrusher genuinely turned up to win that fight. Tyson intimidated them both before the bell even rang and they just wanted to survive. Neither guy had a game plan beyond using their height to frustrate and grab Tyson on the way in.

Bonecrusher embarrassed himself by blatantly refusing to let go of Tyson as early as the second round. Both were shut out losses!

Fair enough, I havent watched either in so long. Just remember both at least being there and landing a thing or two in the closing minutes. Considering how much worse tyson was against Douglas, i stand by saying they would have had a better chance than other opponents just for that fact.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree with X regarding Tucker. I recall Tucker shaking his head when Tyson would run in with a flurry, indicating he wasn't hurt .

When he was forcing Tyson back in the 15th round, was left thinking why he didn't do that earlier.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post
    I disagree with X regarding Tucker. I recall Tucker shaking his head when Tyson would run in with a flurry, indicating he wasn't hurt .

When he was forcing Tyson back in the 15th round, was left thinking why he didn't do that earlier.
    Tyson never fought 15 rounds with any fighter, it was 12 with Tucker.

Tyson did have a 15 round fight scheduled with Biggs but he was brutally destroyed in 6 or 7 rounds. Distinctly remember seeing Oprah Winfrey in the crowd looking horrified as Tyson knocked down Biggs. Tyson infamously said that "Biggs was screaming like a girl" when he was getting hit.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Indeed, for some reason It stuck in my head as 15, even to the point I rewatched it last weekend and thought they'd cut the last 3 rounds out.

Stand corrected

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

None

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

P4Pking likes baal posts?

Thread Information