Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Dillian Whyte on verge of following Tyson Fury onto ESPN's books in bid to break USA

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Dillian Whyte on verge of following Tyson Fury onto ESPN's books in bid to break USA

Dillian Whyte could be on the verge of following Tyson Fury onto the books of ESPN and promoter Bob Arum's Top Rank, according to sources here in America.

Whyte, the British heavyweight who turned down a potential £5 million fight with Anthony Joshua at Wembley on April 13, is reportedly close to signing a lucrative, multi-fight contract.

Whyte will be following in the footsteps of Fury who has signed with the broadcaster and promoter in the US, while his alliance with Frank Warren and BT Sport remains in the UK. Whyte was promoted in his rise to a Box Office fighter in the UK by Eddie Hearn.

Fury, regarded as the lineal heavyweight champion, is expected to make his Top Rank/ESPN debut in the USA in either June or July. His opponent has not yet been announced and it may even be Whyte himself, who had gone nine fights unbeaten, including five knockouts, since Joshua defeated him in London three years ago.

Whyte is known to have had meetings with ESPN, Showtime, DAZN and Al Haymon on a trip to the USA last month

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/2...pns-books-bid/

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dillian Whyte on verge of following Tyson Fury onto ESPN's books in bid to break

It's hard to dislike Dillian and what he's done over the past few years. He deserves a shot and in fairness, he had one, he could have been in camp preparing for Joshua right now. Instead he's talking to every man and his dog about a potential deal that's worse than the one that was put in front of him.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dillian Whyte on verge of following Tyson Fury onto ESPN's books in bid to break

I have read that Whyte did not like the terms of the rematch that it was less than what he should get. If you beat AJ and there was no rematch clause, Whyte could be paid crazy money by Fury and Wilder's team, remember what Buster Douglas got.

So if Whyte disliked the deal then you have to go with his judgement. He is making the calculated decision that he can get more.

Whyte has definitely worked his way through the contenders, gained experience and slightly improved.

I hope he makes big money as he is the one getting in the ring.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I have read that Whyte did not like the terms of the rematch that it was less than what he should get. If you beat AJ and there was no rematch clause, Whyte could be paid crazy money by Fury and Wilder's team, remember what Buster Douglas got.

So if Whyte disliked the deal then you have to go with his judgement. He is making the calculated decision that he can get more.

Whyte has definitely worked his way through the contenders, gained experience and slightly improved.

Hang on, from what we’re led to believe, he was offered £5m to fight for a World title and he REJECTED IT!
    Now, the rematch clause may have been a bit of an issue, but I can’t believe it was anything drastically different to other deals.
    And now he’s signed for a platform that cannot match him against a current World Champion.
    What from all of the above makes you want to blow sunshine out of his ass!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Hang on, from what we’re led to believe, he was offered £5m to fight for a World title and he REJECTED IT!
    Now, the rematch clause may have been a bit of an issue, but I can’t believe it was anything drastically different to other deals.
    And now he’s signed for a platform that cannot match him against a current World Champion.
    The rematch should be a better % for the reason I outlined, he could write his own cheque if he won.

Rematch clauses should be banned.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

The rematch should be a better % for the reason I outlined, he could write his own cheque if he won.

Rematch clauses should be banned.
    What “should be” is neither here nor there. The fact is that it doesn’t work like that. Wrong? Yep. Does it happen all the time? Yep.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Curious how many people need to say AJs contracts are unfair before Primo believes them. He would get LESS if he beat AJ for the rematch he would be FORCED to take that is one way. That’s a sh:t deal.

But we don’t know, just fighter after fighter keeps saying the same thing, they’re probably all in it together. They should just take it for the honor of fighting AJ for Tyson’s belts.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Funny that nobody will fight AJ because of the "shit deals" yet end up taking far less against each other. Truth is, they're all playing the long game. The longer they can stay away from AJ the more chance they have of landing the jackpot in the end.

Listening to Whyte - and his supporters - you'd never imagine AJ had already ironed him out.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Curious how many people need to say AJs contracts are unfair before Primo believes them. He would get LESS if he beat AJ for the rematch he would be FORCED to take that is one way. That’s a sh:t deal.

But we don’t know, just fighter after fighter keeps saying the same thing, they’re probably all in it together. They should just take it for the honor of fighting AJ for Tyson’s belts.
    Tysons belts? Ha!

"I feel that it is only fair and right and for the good of boxing to keep the titles active and allow the other contenders to fight for the vacant belts that I proudly won and held as the undefeated heavyweight champion of the world when I defeated the long-standing champion Wladimir Klitschko," Fury said in a statement.

It's just another example of delusional entitlement. Whyte wants to pretend he is something he isn't. He is not box office gold, he doesn't have a belt, he got stopped by Joshua and yet you would think he was bringing the dominant record to the table were you to belive him.

Wilder and Finkel are little better. One decent fight in which Wilder was humiliated, exposed and had his shorts pulled down and you would think he was some kind of dominant world champion with an armful of huge international box office gold events under his one lonely belt.

Sad that people buy into such fantasies.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the machine that is Sky and Eddie that have pushed Whyte being PPV.

To be fair to Dillian he has beaten what has been put in front of him.

I hope the long game pays off for him.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

Seeing as you mentioned me, I’ll reply. No , we don’t know.......but you constantly THINK you know, and rely on the “he said, she said” nonsense. (When it suits of course!) funnily , not when Wilder says he broke his arm, but hey ho.
    Back up your quotes with some figures , and we will compare them like for like and percentage wise etc. With the offers that Canelo gave GGG or that Floyd gave Manny or indeed any other fighter that he may have given a rematch clause to. Or even the rematch clause that Wlad gave Fury.
    I have no clue of the details of these, but my guess is that they will all be pretty similar.
    All I said was IF Whyte turned down £5m to fight for the World title, then he deserves no pity. If on the other hand he was offered less than he was for the Chisora fight , which unless he earned more than £5m for that fight, which is highly unlikely, then I would have some sympathy for him.
    So what part of that are you gonna pick a hole in?

Thread Information