Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  34
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 130

Thread: Should transgenered people be allowed to box?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,765
    Mentioned
    893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3150
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should transgenered people be allowed to box?

    Ron, you have turned really weird in this thread. Usually quite sound but a bit odd here.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,793
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1123
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Lol, I had only read the first page, posted my line, and then carried on reading and saw my name mentioned and Tito doing his thing! I started to have a right old chuckle. I still agree with Tito.Women fighting one another is fair enough but a transgender person is not a......uh oh, this actually heads towards hate crime territory in police states. Controversial topic though it really should not be.
    Pleasantly surprised to see you have not bought into the liberal transgender BS. I’ve got a trans student in one of my high school classes I teach n feel bad for her as she’s been misled into believing she is actually a boy. In my opinion she should just live her life as a lesbian and be happy with her body. Also can’t see her competing in American football or boxing against real boys. She’d be hurt.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1603
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should transgenered people be allowed to box?

    Who gives a fuck or really wants to watch Transsexual boxing anyway.?
    Sounds like some of you lot have seedy little fetishes listening to you bitching like fucking schoolgirls.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,765
    Mentioned
    893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3150
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should transgenered people be allowed to box?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Lol, I had only read the first page, posted my line, and then carried on reading and saw my name mentioned and Tito doing his thing! I started to have a right old chuckle. I still agree with Tito.Women fighting one another is fair enough but a transgender person is not a......uh oh, this actually heads towards hate crime territory in police states. Controversial topic though it really should not be.
    Pleasantly surprised to see you have not bought into the liberal transgender BS. I’ve got a trans student in one of my high school classes I teach n feel bad for her as she’s been misled into believing she is actually a boy. In my opinion she should just live her life as a lesbian and be happy with her body. Also can’t see her competing in American football or boxing against real boys. She’d be hurt.
    I pay attention, but find it all fairly ridiculous how much it is being pushed, especially on kids who really do not know what they are. Let the person become an adult and decide what they want to do with their life free of indoctrination.

    You tell 'em Smashup, but if you agree to cut off your willy I challenge you to a handbag contest at 162 pounds.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1603
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should transgenered people be allowed to box?

    If someone chooses to change their sex then that's their business, however, in a sporting environment particularly in boxing, you have to consider why they have categories and weight divisions... for example...

    Katie Taylor v Vasyl Lomachenko - both the same weight (lightweight) and both regarded as the best fighters in their category.

    Is a 10 stone man always going to be stronger than a 10 stone woman? Who knows... lets put them in the ring?

    Taylor or Lomachenko... Who wins and why



    #MSGG

  6. #66
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,485
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1642
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should transgenered people be allowed to box?

    It's really a moot point, because it would never happen. Nobody in their right mind would sanction such a fight, and Loma himself would probably rather smack himself around than fighting a woman.

    But for the sake of the argument, Loma would win by scary and damaging knockout.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1603
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should transgenered people be allowed to box?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    It's really a moot point, because it would never happen. Nobody in their right mind would sanction such a fight, and Loma himself would probably rather smack himself around than fighting a woman.

    But for the sake of the argument, Loma would win by scary and damaging knockout.

    @TitoFan.....

    Your point is the 'moot' one as my point was hypothetical and therefore looking for opinions with valid and relevant arguments therefore I reiterate, they are in the ring together, the bell goes... who wins and why?

    Sensible and relevant answers only please.

    #MSGG
    Last edited by smashup; 03-10-2019 at 08:26 PM.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,031
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    639
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should transgenered people be allowed to box?

    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    If someone chooses to change their sex then that's their business, however, in a sporting environment particularly in boxing, you have to consider why they have categories and weight divisions... for example...

    Katie Taylor v Vasyl Lomachenko - both the same weight (lightweight) and both regarded as the best fighters in their category.

    Is a 10 stone man always going to be stronger than a 10 stone woman? Who knows... lets put them in the ring?

    Taylor or Lomachenko... Who wins and why



    #MSGG
    Well there was the time undefeated women's kick boxing champion took on a 21 year old fellow who was Australasian may Thai champ or something along those lines. Rijker was knocked out fairly easily.

    But obviously lucija rijker is no katie taylor so kayie taylor would win easy, ud of course.

    I'd also like to see master take on taylor so I'm all for Transgender people in boxing

  9. #69
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,485
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1642
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should transgenered people be allowed to box?

    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    It's really a moot point, because it would never happen. Nobody in their right mind would sanction such a fight, and Loma himself would probably rather smack himself around than fighting a woman.

    But for the sake of the argument, Loma would win by scary and damaging knockout.

    @TitoFan.....

    Your point is the 'moot' one as my point was hypothetical and therefore looking for opinions with valid and relevant arguments therefore I reiterate, they are in the ring together, the bell goes... who wins and why?

    Sensible and relevant answers only please.

    #MSGG


    Is it something in the water over there??

    My second sentence answered the question. Why? 'Cause he's a man with all the natural anatomical advantages men have... that's why.

    Happy?

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1603
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should transgenered people be allowed to box?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    It's really a moot point, because it would never happen. Nobody in their right mind would sanction such a fight, and Loma himself would probably rather smack himself around than fighting a woman.

    But for the sake of the argument, Loma would win by scary and damaging knockout.

    @TitoFan.....

    Your point is the 'moot' one as my point was hypothetical and therefore looking for opinions with valid and relevant arguments therefore I reiterate, they are in the ring together, the bell goes... who wins and why?

    Sensible and relevant answers only please.

    #MSGG


    Is it something in the water over there??

    My second sentence answered the question. Why? 'Cause he's a man with all the natural anatomical advantages men have... that's why.

    Happy?
    @TitoFan

    What would make me happy is if you answered the question with proven facts... for instance can you provide and explain what anatomical advantages a man of the same height and weight dimensions as a woman would have in a boxing capacity.... (Your kick boxing/thai theory has no relevance.}

    So I'll ask again... who wins and why and just because Loma is male please explain how this gives him the advantage over Taylor.

    I believe if they are matched in weight and skill it's a 50/50 fight regardless of gender.... can you provide some evidence (boxing only) as to why this isn't the case?

    #MSGG

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,031
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    639
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should transgenered people be allowed to box?

    This thread is starting to remind me of another long running thread :S...

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,961
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2824
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should transgenered people be allowed to box?

    Why is this stickied? It gets more and more mental on here everyday
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,031
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    639
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should transgenered people be allowed to box?

    I assumed it was because you usually sticky fight threads and this one is well on track to being a fight thread in its own way.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,961
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2824
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should transgenered people be allowed to box?

    I clicked on it thinking it was the Bivol-Smith rd-by-rd, took a second to realise where I was.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,975
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    378
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Should transgenered people be allowed to box?

    Who wants to fight me?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Kid Galahad is allowed to fight again
    By Tam Seddon in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-13-2016, 10:34 PM
  2. Should freaks be allowed to work???
    By Dizaster in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-06-2008, 02:09 AM
  3. Should this guy be allowed to box for a living
    By Big Jack in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 05:14 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing