Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  34
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Should transgenered people be allowed to box?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should transgenered people be allowed to box?

Most of this comes down to the debate on the decisions of individuals. So if someone who used to be a woman becomes a man and wants to fight men then it seems like most, if not all, agree that that’s up to them. If they are at a disadvantage and want to take the risk then they can do it.

The other side of the argument is if someone who was a man transitions to a woman. Other woman in the sport have the ability to refuse to fight someone transgendered, but there will be consequences for it like losing a title. So basically they are forced to fight. It’s like if I hold a belt to my kids and whip them if they aren’t eating their food. Sure they can technically choose but in reality their choice is made for them.

It would seem that a study would need to be done of some sort to prove that a man that has transitioned into a woman has absolutely no unfair advantage over other women. This isn’t about racism or sexism. This is about safety and fairness. So if it is proven that there is no unfair advantage then I have absolutely no problem with it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Most of this comes down to the debate on the decisions of individuals. So if someone who used to be a woman becomes a man and wants to fight men then it seems like most, if not all, agree that that’s up to them. If they are at a disadvantage and want to take the risk then they can do it.

The other side of the argument is if someone who was a man transitions to a woman. Other woman in the sport have the ability to refuse to fight someone transgendered, but there will be consequences for it like losing a title. So basically they are forced to fight. It’s like if I hold a belt to my kids and whip them if they aren’t eating their food. Sure they can technically choose but in reality their choice is made for them.

It would seem that a study would need to be done of some sort to prove that a man that has transitioned into a woman has absolutely no unfair advantage over other women. This isn’t about racism or sexism. This is about safety and fairness. So if it is proven that there is no unfair advantage then I have absolutely no problem with it.

Thank you.

Maybe now because it's you who said it, everybody will calm down.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calm down lads don't let a woman get inbetween our friendship.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey bud I have no qualms with someone standing up for themselves and this on whole has nothing to do with being a mod, I've never once stopped prior to posting and thought..now how can I bring peace to these two thickos who are just in it to stir it up . Nope, I have been to that spade is a spade town many times, great place. I'm more on why bring in a Chinese menu of reverse examples just to have that can to kick around. All those boxers don't know and are not forced into a fight with a man turned woman. To be honest what boxer is forced into any fight. But again...one example of a man to woman boxing a woman It's just put out there to have a go honestly. Basically this whole thing could have been nipped at ' a woman changes into a man and wants to fight a man..that's her choice'. Because that was the original topic and example given. But of course that wouldn't afford us this quality spirited entertainment and back and forth would it .

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Hey bud I have no qualms with someone standing up for themselves and this on whole has nothing to do with being a mod, I've never once stopped prior to posting and thought..now how can I bring peace to these two thickos who are just in it to stir it up . Nope, I have been to that spade is a spade town many times, great place. I'm more on why bring in a Chinese menu of reverse examples just to have that can to kick around. All those boxers don't know and are not forced into a fight with a man turned woman. To be honest what boxer is forced into any fight. But again...one example of a man to woman boxing a woman It's just put out there to have a go honestly. Basically this whole thing could have been nipped at ' a woman changes into a man and wants to fight a man..that's her choice'. Because that was the original topic and example given. But of course that wouldn't afford us this quality spirited entertainment and back and forth would it .

Well, maybe next time the opening post can come with instructions that we're not to expand on our answers but rather stick to the straight and narrow. I'm sorry Spicoli, but I've already posted several times where I just expanded on what a second poster had already said.... that he was ok with one scenario, but not with the other. And frankly, why give a transgender a license if he's not going to face some women down the road. Surely, the scenario of mandatories and champions being stripped for refusing to face them is nothing new to you nor to anyone here.

I'll stick to my argument, and my right to explain it without being called a sexist (or in this case a thicko)

Again... I know it's part of the job.

But when I was parenting, if they were both wrong they both got reprimanded. If one of them was at fault, I did the right thing.

But you're a middle ground guy. I respect that.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    It's not just twisting it to tear down a case nobody is making. (Brilliantly put) It is including and dragging in posters who haven't even posted in the thread and inventing positions and arguments for them, never made.
    Don't be surprised, he never could grasp the monumental difference between transgender and homosexuality or little boys wearing dresses and makeup to perform song and dance.

Just 'cause you've had your argument come crashing down in flames like the Hindenburg, don't take it out on anyone else. Man up and admit you're on the wrong side of the tracks.

Or not.
    What argument? I didn't even post in this thread or offer an opinion.

As usual, Titofan, you got angry because someone dared challenge your lack of knowledge and hypocrisy so proceeded to dilute an adult conversation into childish insults, then played the "victim." (You're not fooling anyone)
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's not just twisting it to tear down a case nobody is making. (Brilliantly put) It is including and dragging in posters who haven't even posted in the thread and inventing positions and arguments for them, never made.
    Don't be surprised, he never could grasp the monumental difference between transgender and homosexuality or little boys wearing dresses and makeup to perform song and dance.

Just 'cause you've had your argument come crashing down in flames like the Hindenburg, don't take it out on anyone else. Man up and admit you're on the wrong side of the tracks.

Or not.
    What argument? I didn't even post in this thread or offer an opinion.

As usual, Titofan, you got angry because someone dared challenge your lack of knowledge and hypocrisy so proceeded to dilute an adult conversation into childish insults, then played the "victim." (You're not fooling anyone)

No. You didn't post in the thread or offer an opinion. The post just prior to mine was just a figment of my imagination.

The only usual part here is you ignoring bunches of people having the same opinion as me, only to home in on mine with your laser focus and have a go at it.

You and Beanz continually pat each other on the back... sort of a sick tag team fraternity... and of course you have a common enemy... me.

Just want you to know however, that your opinion of what I have to say means sooooooooo much to me.

Naturally, I'm devastated when we disagree on just about everything.

Scratch that. You agree on some things, but when you see what my position is, you immediately rush to the other side just so we can get into these entertaining tit-for-tats.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Enough people on here have stated they have the same opinion as me on this, which is that the safety of women boxers is paramount. If that is going to be compromised by allowing transgender boxers to fight them, then it shouldn't be allowed. To prove my point, I posted several opinions from women boxers themselves saying as much.

What happens? I get forum erudite Swanson calling me a "sexist", (probably without knowing what that means).... Beanz promptly thanking him because of his perpetual hard-on for transgenders and thinking something offensive has been said... also blathering about International Women's Day and all sorts of bullshit. At some point you predictably chime in and then say "who me?" when I respond.

Does this sort of sum things up for you?

Glad to be of help.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would ask you to objectively go back over the first few posts again, but frankly I don't think you're capable of that.

If you were, you'll find nothing but weak arguments from Swanson and Beanz, like the one about the opening post being about a transgender woman turned man fighting against men.

Someone else posted they don't mind that, but don't agree with it being the other way around.

I agree with that poster.... Swanson says I'm a sexist.... Beanz thanks him... and the bickering starts.

Some of you can't be happy unless you're picking fights.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should transgenered people be allowed to boc?

let's let the Ron's and the Beanzs and the Fensters of the world continue carrying their torch.
    Show me where I posted before you wrote this?

If you can't, i'm willing to accept an apology and move on (i'll ignore the paranoia and lies).

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

let's let the Ron's and the Beanzs and the Fensters of the world continue carrying their torch.

If you can't, i'm willing to accept an apology and move on (i'll ignore the paranoia and lies).

'Cause you don't have the same sensitive scabs on transgender that Beanz does? 'Cause you haven't devoted volumes of posts to ridicule the opinions of those of us who object to certain things regarding transgenderism? (This being one of them). Gimme a break and for god's sake be an adult about this. There's a history here. You gonna pretend otherwise? You and Beanz play tag wrestling on this and other subjects. By the way, you liked Swanson's post also.

What the f*ck is your major problem with me? Is it my deodorant?

BTW, did I mention how much your opinion means to me?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

'Cause you don't have the same sensitive scabs on transgender that Beanz does? 'Cause you haven't devoted volumes of posts to ridicule the opinions of those of us who object to certain things regarding transgenderism? (This being one of them). Gimme a break and for god's sake be an adult about this. There's a history here. You gonna pretend otherwise? You and Beanz play tag wrestling on this and other subjects. By the way, you liked Swanson's post also.

So no apology just more lies and paranoia and as I already noted you're the "victim." So, so predictable.

You don't care about my opinion but feel the need to invent it and monitor the posts I "like?" Seriously, get a grip. I "liked" Ron's post purely for his stance on gay adoption, that's all. My gawd, the paranoia.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So no apology just more lies and paranoia and as I already noted you're the "victim." So, so predictable.

You don't care about my opinion but feel the need to invent it and monitor the posts I "like?" Seriously, get a grip. I "liked" Ron's post purely for his stance on gay adoption, that's all. My gawd, the paranoia.

No paranoia Fenster. Just a lot of experience arguing with you on other threads about the transgender issue. I don't invent your opinion either. You make it very clear. It's not your opinion I have a problem with. It's the way you go about tearing down other people's opinions. You may not notice it, but you do. He who's without sin cast the first stone and all that jazz.

No victim here, Fenster. Just clearing the air. I still don't know how my opinion that transgenders fighting women boxers could be a safety issue and I'm against it, got turned into "sexism". Put your dislike of me aside for a minute. Does that not strike you as just a little inaccurate? Again... call me a bully... opinionated... and all the names I'm sure you have on a list. But sexist? My god... enough with the homophobic accusations to be called sexist also.

News flash: Trying to protect women boxers is NOT sexist. Personal choice is fine. If a woman boxer doesn't mind facing a transgender who used to be a man... hell... go for it. But the majority don't. And if ever the situation arises that a woman champion has a transgender mandatory... chooses not to fight that opponent... and gets stripped (not that far-fetched)... then we'll be singing a different tune.

Predictability... victim playing... nobody here has a monopoly on any of this shit, Fenster.

Also, if it hasn't been made clear already, I'm not against those who want to change their gender. I personally don't agree with that... but I don't believe in preventing people from doing whatever they want to do with themselves. I just object it being done to children, and you may (or not) be interested in that one article where I posted about some women who feel victimized by others pressuring them to act on their child's transgender feelings.

The same arguments bring out the same vitriol from the same suspects, who predictably land on the same, opposite sides of the fence. Hey it's ok to have different opinions. I just wish for once we could all have a decent conversation without it going down the tubes.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with Tito.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol, I had only read the first page, posted my line, and then carried on reading and saw my name mentioned and Tito doing his thing! I started to have a right old chuckle. I still agree with Tito.

Women fighting one another is fair enough but a transgender person is not a......uh oh, this actually heads towards hate crime territory in police states. Controversial topic though it really should not be.

Thread Information