Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  34
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Should transgenered people be allowed to box?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should transgenered people be allowed to box?

Ron, you have turned really weird in this thread. Usually quite sound but a bit odd here.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Lol, I had only read the first page, posted my line, and then carried on reading and saw my name mentioned and Tito doing his thing! I started to have a right old chuckle. I still agree with Tito.Women fighting one another is fair enough but a transgender person is not a......uh oh, this actually heads towards hate crime territory in police states. Controversial topic though it really should not be.
    Pleasantly surprised to see you have not bought into the liberal transgender BS. I’ve got a trans student in one of my high school classes I teach n feel bad for her as she’s been misled into believing she is actually a boy. In my opinion she should just live her life as a lesbian and be happy with her body. Also can’t see her competing in American football or boxing against real boys. She’d be hurt.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who gives a fuck or really wants to watch Transsexual boxing anyway.?
    Sounds like some of you lot have seedy little fetishes listening to you bitching like fucking schoolgirls.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Lol, I had only read the first page, posted my line, and then carried on reading and saw my name mentioned and Tito doing his thing! I started to have a right old chuckle. I still agree with Tito.Women fighting one another is fair enough but a transgender person is not a......uh oh, this actually heads towards hate crime territory in police states. Controversial topic though it really should not be.
    Pleasantly surprised to see you have not bought into the liberal transgender BS. I’ve got a trans student in one of my high school classes I teach n feel bad for her as she’s been misled into believing she is actually a boy. In my opinion she should just live her life as a lesbian and be happy with her body. Also can’t see her competing in American football or boxing against real boys. She’d be hurt.
    I pay attention, but find it all fairly ridiculous how much it is being pushed, especially on kids who really do not know what they are. Let the person become an adult and decide what they want to do with their life free of indoctrination.

You tell 'em Smashup, but if you agree to cut off your willy I challenge you to a handbag contest at 162 pounds.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If someone chooses to change their sex then that's their business, however, in a sporting environment particularly in boxing, you have to consider why they have categories and weight divisions... for example...

Katie Taylor v Vasyl Lomachenko - both the same weight (lightweight) and both regarded as the best fighters in their category.

Is a 10 stone man always going to be stronger than a 10 stone woman? Who knows... lets put them in the ring?

Taylor or Lomachenko... Who wins and why

#MSGG

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's really a moot point, because it would never happen. Nobody in their right mind would sanction such a fight, and Loma himself would probably rather smack himself around than fighting a woman.

But for the sake of the argument, Loma would win by scary and damaging knockout.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    It's really a moot point, because it would never happen. Nobody in their right mind would sanction such a fight, and Loma himself would probably rather smack himself around than fighting a woman.

But for the sake of the argument, Loma would win by scary and damaging knockout.

@TitoFan.....

Your point is the 'moot' one as my point was hypothetical and therefore looking for opinions with valid and relevant arguments therefore I reiterate, they are in the ring together, the bell goes... who wins and why?

Sensible and relevant answers only please.

#MSGG
    Last edited by smashup; 03-10-2019 at 08:26 PM.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    If someone chooses to change their sex then that's their business, however, in a sporting environment particularly in boxing, you have to consider why they have categories and weight divisions... for example...

Katie Taylor v Vasyl Lomachenko - both the same weight (lightweight) and both regarded as the best fighters in their category.

Is a 10 stone man always going to be stronger than a 10 stone woman? Who knows... lets put them in the ring?

Taylor or Lomachenko... Who wins and why

#MSGG
    Well there was the time undefeated women's kick boxing champion took on a 21 year old fellow who was Australasian may Thai champ or something along those lines. Rijker was knocked out fairly easily.

But obviously lucija rijker is no katie taylor so kayie taylor would win easy, ud of course.

I'd also like to see master take on taylor so I'm all for Transgender people in boxing

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@TitoFan.....

Your point is the 'moot' one as my point was hypothetical and therefore looking for opinions with valid and relevant arguments therefore I reiterate, they are in the ring together, the bell goes... who wins and why?

#MSGG

Is it something in the water over there??

My second sentence answered the question. Why? 'Cause he's a man with all the natural anatomical advantages men have... that's why.

Happy?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@TitoFan.....

#MSGG

Is it something in the water over there??

My second sentence answered the question. Why? 'Cause he's a man with all the natural anatomical advantages men have... that's why.

Happy?
    @TitoFan

What would make me happy is if you answered the question with proven facts... for instance can you provide and explain what anatomical advantages a man of the same height and weight dimensions as a woman would have in a boxing capacity.... (Your kick boxing/thai theory has no relevance.}

So I'll ask again... who wins and why and just because Loma is male please explain how this gives him the advantage over Taylor.

I believe if they are matched in weight and skill it's a 50/50 fight regardless of gender.... can you provide some evidence (boxing only) as to why this isn't the case?

#MSGG

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This thread is starting to remind me of another long running thread :S...

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why is this stickied? It gets more and more mental on here everyday
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I assumed it was because you usually sticky fight threads and this one is well on track to being a fight thread in its own way.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I clicked on it thinking it was the Bivol-Smith rd-by-rd, took a second to realise where I was.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who wants to fight me?

Thread Information