Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  34
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should transgenered people be allowed to box?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should transgenered people be allowed to boc?

Lets ask Bearing for his thoughts on Transgender people playing sports

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And an update on the same story

Last edited by Batman; 03-08-2019 at 04:34 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Batman, how DARE you post such rubbish??

Especially when the narrator has the unmitigated GALL to tick off the physiological differences between the male and female bodies.

What were you THINKING??

Yeah..... exactly.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Ronica Jeffrey: Undefeated at 11-0, Ronica is set to compete for the interim WIBA super featherweight title in April.

“Honestly, I don’t think that they should compete against women, because at the end of the day, naturally you are a man, and its unfair for the woman to have to go against someone who is that physically stronger than them. If that’s the case, then we should have co-ed boxing, which we don’t, and that is for a reason. I have nothing against them, and if it’s that serious, then transgendered should go against transgendered."

Mary McGee: Mary is 20-1 and next steps in the ring in May where she will meet up with Holly Holm in a battle for the IBA light welterweight title. Follow Mary on Twitter @marymcgee2586.

“It’s not fair to put a man up against a women in any sport. Transgender or not, naturally men are stronger than women. In some cases a woman can beat the odds, but I don’t think that would be fair. I would never in my life step in the ring with a man. He, in a real fight, might hurt me real bad. If they want to do the sport, do it with men.”

Kaliesha West: At 16-1, the popular West is the IFBA super bantamweight title holder, as well as the WBO bantamweight champ. She can be followed on Twitter @KWildWildWest

“I do not support this! I study in the medical field and have been working at a prestigious medical center for 6 years now (Loma Linda University), and its simple anatomy and physiology. Men are NATURALLY stronger than women!!!! THIS IS WRONG IN SO MANY WAYS! Men have larger hearts and lungs, and their higher levels of testosterone cause them to produce greater amounts of red blood cells. I’ve studied this already, and these statements written EVERYWHERE in anatomy articles, books, or studies only reiterate what I just stated.

Men usually have greater upper body strength, build muscle easily, have thicker skin, bruise less easily and have a lower threshold of awareness of injuries to their extremities. Men are essentially built for physical confrontation and the use of force. Their joints are well suited for throwing objects. A man’s skull is almost always thicker and stronger than a women’s.

If this Shim wants to compete, TELL HER TO JOIN THE MEN’s LEAGUE!!!! OH, and I don’t want to hear about her hormonal pills she has been taking for her gender change, ESTROGEN CAN NOT CHANGE THE SIZE OF YOUR NATURAL SKELETON.”

Holly Lawson: Holly is the 4th ranked welterweight in the world. She currently has a record of 5-2. You can follow her on Twitter @lilbearlawson.

“I feel that if they want to allow transgendered women to compete with women, they might as well start sanctioning men and women to fight in their respective weight classes. I think regardless of the procedures which one undergoes in such a situation, genetically they are still male. With that said, I wouldn’t turn down a fight if my opponent was discovered to be transgendered. Boxing isn’t about brute strength, it’s a science and a chess match.”

Amanda Serrano: The WIBA featherweight champion sports an impressive 17-1 record. She returns to action in April against an opponent to be named. Follow her on Twitter @RealDealSerrano.

“I truly believe that if u were born a man, you’re always going to be stronger than a woman. My choice would be no. Just because the testosterone that men have is a big factor. Just saying.”

Maricela Cornejo: Maricela is quickly making a name for herself in the sport. The model/fighter has started her career with a 2-0 record, and next looks to be fighting on May 3 in Las Vegas.

“I am all for doing whatever makes you feel good. If you want to become a girl, then that is your decision. I don’t have a problem with it. But I don’t agree with it when it comes to fighting. If a transgender woman fights, they are going to be stronger than other women, so I don’t think it’s right. There are still advantages they are going to have from having previously been a man that no amount of drugs are going to erase.”

I should only have to post ONE of these. One would be more than sufficient. But here's a whole group of them. It's THEIR sport.

Last I checked, no one in the "Live and Let Live" sorority here was either female, a boxer, or ever had to fight a transgender male.
    But that’s not fair because you only took quotes from people who are sexist 😂

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should transgenered people be allowed to box?

I'm just surprised no one is going on about how this was put on by Fishnets .

Really though, is there agreement that a male transitioning to female with hormones, surgery etc still affords that former male individual advantages in a contact sport? But this specifically is a female transitioning to compete against men and that appears to be excepted. Why twist it to tear down a case that no one is making . Do the same thought and physical advantages not hold for the 0-5 male opponent?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's not just twisting it to tear down a case nobody is making. (Brilliantly put) It is including and dragging in posters who haven't even posted in the thread and inventing positions and arguments for them, never made.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    It's not just twisting it to tear down a case nobody is making. (Brilliantly put) It is including and dragging in posters who haven't even posted in the thread and inventing positions and arguments for them, never made.
    Don't be surprised, he never could grasp the monumental difference between transgender and homosexuality or little boys wearing dresses and makeup to perform song and dance.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Don't be surprised, he never could grasp the monumental difference between transgender and homosexuality or little boys wearing dresses and makeup to perform song and dance.

Just 'cause you've had your argument come crashing down in flames like the Hindenburg, don't take it out on anyone else. Man up and admit you're on the wrong side of the tracks.

Or not.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No Beanz... ...you hadn't posted. You just "thanked" Swanson for his diametrically opposed view where he rushed to pull the "sexist" fire alarm handle without bothering to think about what is being said.

No wonder Miles rightly accuses you of backing off of statements you've clearly made or positions you've made distinctively clear.

Like I told Fenny..... man up to what you say and do, and everyone will respect you all the more for it.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive been giving this some thought , at least LOW BLOWS could be made legal
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    In short, a woman changes into a man and wants to fight men? It's her choice.

A man changes into a woman and wants to fight women? He's being forced onto opponents who want no part of it.

'Nough said.
    In short you are sexist as hell. What about a person born where their gender is indistinguishable? That’s 1/60, what do you wish as the superior male to impose on them? Black, white, male, female, when we all stop imposing ourselves on those we view as different from us this world will be far better off.

I remember 10/12 years ago a huge debate on a different boxing site about if gay people should be allowed to adopt. Of course I was on the side that thinks children are better off growing up with love. But I was practically alone. The same debate now seems absurd now that the data is in. Transgender doesn’t mean deciding you are the other sex. There is years of living as the other sex, years of hormone replacement, and eventually surgery. They are women by every hormonal standard and hormones decide everything about us. Come back to this argument in 20 years and it will seem as stupid as the “should gays be able to adopt” argument. Let people be. Through all human history we judge one group then another and impose upon them. The Chinese, the Irish, the blacks, the gays(yes, I am deliberately using these terms) and afterward we are always “we shouldn’t have done that. Every, single, time. Stop falling into the same trap
    This is much different than just being racist or sexist. This is about asking about an unfair advantage. For example, if a black man beats a white man in a race, nobody would call it cheating. If a man pretends to be a woman and races against a woman and wins, people would call it cheating because men are naturally more athletic in every way. That’s biology not sexist.

Now I know that there are many different situations when it comes to sex and gender. So I can understand an argument if hormone levels are essentially female but maybe you just have male parts. It’s a serious situation though when you have a woman who trains all of her life to win the Olympics and ends up losing to a “woman” that was born much more of a man than a woman. Also in combat sports, it becomes more dangerous. That’s why men and women don’t fight each other. It’s way too dangerous.

So don’t be one of those people who just call people sexist and don’t actually have a good argument for your name calling.
    He literally said it depends on sex, that is the definition of sexist.

What should be considered and is ignored in this is that no woman would be forced to fight a transgender woman, or more correctly another woman. But when you say “you can’t because...” someone is being forced. Someone is having their rights taken away. The simple and fair solution is let people decide who they want to fight and don’t want to fight. That couldn’t possibly be more obvious and if you return to this debate in 20 years it will be as obvious as it should be now.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A man changes into a woman and wants to fight women? He's being forced onto opponents who want no part of it.

'Nough said.
    In short you are sexist as hell. What about a person born where their gender is indistinguishable? That’s 1/60, what do you wish as the superior male to impose on them? Black, white, male, female, when we all stop imposing ourselves on those we view as different from us this world will be far better off.

I remember 10/12 years ago a huge debate on a different boxing site about if gay people should be allowed to adopt. Of course I was on the side that thinks children are better off growing up with love. But I was practically alone. The same debate now seems absurd now that the data is in. Transgender doesn’t mean deciding you are the other sex. There is years of living as the other sex, years of hormone replacement, and eventually surgery. They are women by every hormonal standard and hormones decide everything about us. Come back to this argument in 20 years and it will seem as stupid as the “should gays be able to adopt” argument. Let people be. Through all human history we judge one group then another and impose upon them. The Chinese, the Irish, the blacks, the gays(yes, I am deliberately using these terms) and afterward we are always “we shouldn’t have done that. Every, single, time. Stop falling into the same trap
    This is much different than just being racist or sexist. This is about asking about an unfair advantage. For example, if a black man beats a white man in a race, nobody would call it cheating. If a man pretends to be a woman and races against a woman and wins, people would call it cheating because men are naturally more athletic in every way. That’s biology not sexist.

Now I know that there are many different situations when it comes to sex and gender. So I can understand an argument if hormone levels are essentially female but maybe you just have male parts. It’s a serious situation though when you have a woman who trains all of her life to win the Olympics and ends up losing to a “woman” that was born much more of a man than a woman. Also in combat sports, it becomes more dangerous. That’s why men and women don’t fight each other. It’s way too dangerous.

So don’t be one of those people who just call people sexist and don’t actually have a good argument for your name calling.

What should be considered and is ignored in this is that no woman would be forced to fight a transgender woman, or more correctly another woman. But when you say “you can’t because...” someone is being forced. Someone is having their rights taken away. The simple and fair solution is let people decide who they want to fight and don’t want to fight. That couldn’t possibly be more obvious and if you return to this debate in 20 years it will be as obvious as it should be now.

Right. And if a woman champion refuses to fight a mandatory who happens to be a transgender, she would technically be ducking, and could be stripped.

But you continue your fantasy world scenarios and instructing us with your wisdom.

BTW, your quote ".... or more correctly another woman...."

Is that from that University of Swanson curriculum you're famous for?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

'Nough said.

Right. And if a woman champion refuses to fight a mandatory who happens to be a transgender, she would technically be ducking, and could be stripped.

But you continue your fantasy world scenarios and instructing us with your wisdom.

You called a transgender woman a man. You’re a disgusting bully. Next time you read about a teenager that felt isolated and killed themselves know that you are the reason. More than half transgender males try to kill themselves at some point. You, you did that with your morals. So moral

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

'Nough said.

You called a transgender woman a man. You’re a disgusting bully. Next time you read about a teenager that felt isolated and killed themselves know that you are the reason. More than half transgender males try to kill themselves at some point. You, you did that with your morals. So moral

wtf!

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Thread Information