Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Deontay Wilder has entered talks with DAZN to fight AJ

Big step in the right direction, DAZN have deep enough pockets to seal any fight so let's hope the egos don't get in the way.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/5...eontay-wilder/

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Deontay Wilder has entered talks with DAZN to fight AJ

I have a feeling that Hearn is going to run out of money and be in big trouble.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Hearn doesn’t give a fuck. It’s not his money he’s throwing around.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Same, he needs to pace himself. All this money and you'd think they could afford some decent arena lighting .

That's a boatload of egos in a room though. So Hearn, Finkel, DiBella and Haymon will have a 'sit down'. Hey I hope it bears fruit but those existing politics will make Washington D.C blush. Hearn would do well not to get too carried away juuuust yet with Miller right around the corner. Stranger things have happened .

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That simply isn't going to happen
    DAZN is owned by the Perform Group who are owned by this Group called Access Industries.
    Trust me money is never going to be a problem.
    They've already invested massively and will just continue to sign up all the top fighters until the other tv networks break.
    Why do you think HBO quit boxing and Showtime are set to follow?
    They simply can't compete financially.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Access_Industries

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

DAZN is owned by the Perform Group who are owned by this Group called Access Industries.
    They've already invested massively and will just continue to sign up all the top fighters until the other tv networks break.

But we have seen it time and time again to where boxers are promised tons of money and then the platform ends up not being able to pay it all. Then the fighters don’t end up fighting and it’s a mess. I wouldn’t be shocked if some of these DAZN fighters don’t get paid and have to get out of the contract. It’s a lot of money that’s going to these fighters and it’s going to be tough to earn it back.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But we have seen it time and time again to where boxers are promised tons of money and then the platform ends up not being able to pay it all. Then the fighters don’t end up fighting and it’s a mess. I wouldn’t be shocked if some of these DAZN fighters don’t get paid and have to get out of the contract. It’s a lot of money that’s going to these fighters and it’s going to be tough to earn it back.

I don't agree, firstly DAZN can do what Man City FC have done and just throw money at it until it works,
    Access Industries are an absolute Giant of a company who own metal mines all over the world, we are talking serious serious money here. (Trillions upwards)
    Warner Bros, Deezer, DAZN etc are just the little fish they own.
    They aren't going to just pull the plug after the hundreds of Millions they've already invested and they can and will just keep outbidding the competition and signing up the rest of the top fighters.
    Sooner or later DAZN will be the only true player in Boxing just like Netflix is with films & Boxsets.
    At $9.99 per month with no hidden extras and no contract only an absolute fool of a fight fan who can access DAZN won't already have it.
    Just look at who they've already signed in under 6 months and that was with no real stable.
    Now they are signing the elite left right and centre it'll be even easier to sign the rest of them.
    Why do you think Wilder is in talks.... because he wants a piece of the mega money while he can get it is why 😉

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't agree, firstly DAZN can do what Man City FC have done and just throw money at it until it works,
    Access Industries are an absolute Giant of a company who own metal mines all over the world, we are talking serious serious money here. (Trillions upwards)
    Warner Bros, Deezer, DAZN etc are just the little fish they own.
    They aren't going to just pull the plug after the hundreds of Millions they've already invested and they can and will just keep outbidding the competition and signing up the rest of the top fighters.
    Sooner or later DAZN will be the only true player in Boxing just like Netflix is with films & Boxsets.
    At $9.99 per month with no hidden extras and no contract only an absolute fool of a fight fan who can access DAZN won't already have it.
    Just look at who they've already signed in under 6 months and that was with no real stable.
    Now they are signing the elite left right and centre it'll be even easier to sign the rest of them.
    Why do you think Wilder is in talks.... because he wants a piece of the mega money while he can get it is why 😉
    Well I really hope you are right. It would be nice if they could do more of a UFC type of a thing where DAZN becomes the company where the best fighters go to and you have smaller places where less stellar fighters fight. I just don’t see that happening.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I really hope you are right. It would be nice if they could do more of a UFC type of a thing where DAZN becomes the company where the best fighters go to and you have smaller places where less stellar fighters fight. I just don’t see that happening.

Yeh.... that may be the direction we're moving toward. Doesn't mean it's good for boxing nor the fans. Boxing will have completely transitioned from a grand sporting event to something you stream on your computer screen. Boxing without all the bells and whistles. Hopefully there will always be a spot for ESPN in the boxing world.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Yeh.... that may be the direction we're moving toward. Doesn't mean it's good for boxing nor the fans. Boxing will have completely transitioned from a grand sporting event to something you stream on your computer screen. Boxing without all the bells and whistles. Hopefully there will always be a spot for ESPN in the boxing world.
    Well MMA has UFC which is the best. It also has Belator, One, Pride, etc which produce good fighters. Most of the best join the UFC eventually. The main downfall with that is that sometimes fighters don’t make the transition so you end up with a lot of what ifs (even more so than boxing has now).

I think that boxing could do something similar and things like ESPN and PBC could have lower cars fighters (like FNFs or things like shobox). Good fighters could make the transition so that DAZN (in this case) only has the absolute best fighters which would only produce the best fights because no top fighter could make a bad fight because there aren’t that many people in each division

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well MMA has UFC which is the best. It also has Belator, One, Pride, etc which produce good fighters. Most of the best join the UFC eventually. The main downfall with that is that sometimes fighters don’t make the transition so you end up with a lot of what ifs (even more so than boxing has now).

I think that boxing could do something similar and things like ESPN and PBC could have lower cars fighters (like FNFs or things like shobox). Good fighters could make the transition so that DAZN (in this case) only has the absolute best fighters which would only produce the best fights because no top fighter could make a bad fight because there aren’t that many people in each division

I'll be honest. What's to stop DAZN from stopping there and not swallowing up ESPN boxing also. If the purpose is to have an absolute monopoly and force people to watch all boxing on that platform, what is there to prevent it. TV networks are obviously and slowly going away from boxing as a viable sport. HBO did it.... Showtime will probably soon follow suit.... and ESPN certainly doesn't need boxing when it's got its huge sports platform with every sport under the sun. DAZN will eventually control all of boxing, and will be free to call the shots. Sure... it can afford to be generous with pricing now. But once it's got the bull by the horns what's to keep it from raising subscription prices at will.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

technology is going to advance too is the thing, the jump from dial up Internet to broadband was quite a big leap in quality, now fibre optic Internet is getting common in built up areas. Once the Internet connectionS get better stuff like dazn is going to be just like cable. Dazn just got the jump on everyone else with setting up the sports streaming site, eventually all the big.companies will just follow suit and everything will be back to the way it was in cables hey day :S....

Obviously it's still a few years away for the majority to have the required super fast Internet required but it's on its way. Everything will go to streaming I think, Playstation and x box too.

As for dazn having unlimited money I don't believe that the gits financing didn't get rich by being mugs so if they're not seing returns in a few years they'll cut back, in my opinion.of course. I think they are throwing the quids around just now and charging little just to get their name out their and become associated with sports streaming, so far it's working, I think for sure they'll cut back their funding and raise prices and probably lose some sports rights in the future but wotever right now it's the most ridiculously well priced sports thing in Canada.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You lot seem to be forgetting about ITV box office, DAZN doesn't stand a chance against it...If you listen to Sr anyway

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

World Boxing News has learned DAZN have put a massive $50m deal on the table for Deontay Wilder in a two-fight offering.

Talks between both parties were set for this week, with DAZN hell-bent on securing the services of the WBC heavyweight champion.

The end-game will be a huge undisputed unification with Anthony Joshua over two fights in 2020.

ADVERTISEMENT

On the back of Eddie Hearn confirming DAZN will act as middle men in a huge top division collision, WBN now understands Wilder is wanted this year for two bouts initially.

Wilder will effectively receive $25m per fight, and on the condition ‘The Bronze Bomber’ wins both outings, will then be pitched in with Joshua next year.

A further improved contract is to be fully discussed separately regarding the Joshua double.

DAZN want to avoid a delay in getting Wilder on the books. This is in order to assure fans the biggest battle in world boxing will eventually happen.

Speaking to Sky Sports on Tuesday evening, Hearn explained his role will be minimal. He and Wilder’s co-manager Shelly Finkel just don’t see eye-to-eye.

“There’s an opportunity for someone to be if you like, a mediator to try and get it done,” said Hearn.

“Clearly the relationship between Team Wilder and Team Joshua isn’t the best. I think this is a route that is going to be very beneficial to making that undisputed fight.

“I think any input from me would be a negative one. In terms of trying to move things forward because of the relationship. So I’ll leave it in the hands of the broadcasters (DAZN) to try and effectively be a mediator.

“It’s not just about doing a deal with Wilder, it’s about doing a deal with Joshua, for the fight.

“They’ve got their work cut out. But the pieces are coming together. There’s a long way to go, a long way to go.

“We’ll see where it goes. But there is now a strategy in place and a route in place that could lead us to an undisputed fight,” he added.

Opponents for Wilder’s two-fight agreement will include Dominic Breazeale (dependent on an agreement with Al Haymon), Dillian Whyte, Wladimir Klitschko and Oleksandr Usyk.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    You lot seem to be forgetting about ITV box office, DAZN doesn't stand a chance against it...If you listen to Sr anyway
    You're right I totally forgot about that, with Chris Eubank jr as the face of itv ppv who can stop them :S

Thread Information