Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Deontay Wilder has entered talks with DAZN to fight AJ

Big step in the right direction, DAZN have deep enough pockets to seal any fight so let's hope the egos don't get in the way.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/5...eontay-wilder/

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Deontay Wilder has entered talks with DAZN to fight AJ

I have a feeling that Hearn is going to run out of money and be in big trouble.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Hearn doesn’t give a fuck. It’s not his money he’s throwing around.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Same, he needs to pace himself. All this money and you'd think they could afford some decent arena lighting .

That's a boatload of egos in a room though. So Hearn, Finkel, DiBella and Haymon will have a 'sit down'. Hey I hope it bears fruit but those existing politics will make Washington D.C blush. Hearn would do well not to get too carried away juuuust yet with Miller right around the corner. Stranger things have happened .

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That simply isn't going to happen
    DAZN is owned by the Perform Group who are owned by this Group called Access Industries.
    Trust me money is never going to be a problem.
    They've already invested massively and will just continue to sign up all the top fighters until the other tv networks break.
    Why do you think HBO quit boxing and Showtime are set to follow?
    They simply can't compete financially.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Access_Industries

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

DAZN is owned by the Perform Group who are owned by this Group called Access Industries.
    They've already invested massively and will just continue to sign up all the top fighters until the other tv networks break.

But we have seen it time and time again to where boxers are promised tons of money and then the platform ends up not being able to pay it all. Then the fighters don’t end up fighting and it’s a mess. I wouldn’t be shocked if some of these DAZN fighters don’t get paid and have to get out of the contract. It’s a lot of money that’s going to these fighters and it’s going to be tough to earn it back.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But we have seen it time and time again to where boxers are promised tons of money and then the platform ends up not being able to pay it all. Then the fighters don’t end up fighting and it’s a mess. I wouldn’t be shocked if some of these DAZN fighters don’t get paid and have to get out of the contract. It’s a lot of money that’s going to these fighters and it’s going to be tough to earn it back.

I don't agree, firstly DAZN can do what Man City FC have done and just throw money at it until it works,
    Access Industries are an absolute Giant of a company who own metal mines all over the world, we are talking serious serious money here. (Trillions upwards)
    Warner Bros, Deezer, DAZN etc are just the little fish they own.
    They aren't going to just pull the plug after the hundreds of Millions they've already invested and they can and will just keep outbidding the competition and signing up the rest of the top fighters.
    Sooner or later DAZN will be the only true player in Boxing just like Netflix is with films & Boxsets.
    At $9.99 per month with no hidden extras and no contract only an absolute fool of a fight fan who can access DAZN won't already have it.
    Just look at who they've already signed in under 6 months and that was with no real stable.
    Now they are signing the elite left right and centre it'll be even easier to sign the rest of them.
    Why do you think Wilder is in talks.... because he wants a piece of the mega money while he can get it is why 😉

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't agree, firstly DAZN can do what Man City FC have done and just throw money at it until it works,
    Access Industries are an absolute Giant of a company who own metal mines all over the world, we are talking serious serious money here. (Trillions upwards)
    Warner Bros, Deezer, DAZN etc are just the little fish they own.
    They aren't going to just pull the plug after the hundreds of Millions they've already invested and they can and will just keep outbidding the competition and signing up the rest of the top fighters.
    Sooner or later DAZN will be the only true player in Boxing just like Netflix is with films & Boxsets.
    At $9.99 per month with no hidden extras and no contract only an absolute fool of a fight fan who can access DAZN won't already have it.
    Just look at who they've already signed in under 6 months and that was with no real stable.
    Now they are signing the elite left right and centre it'll be even easier to sign the rest of them.
    Why do you think Wilder is in talks.... because he wants a piece of the mega money while he can get it is why 😉
    Well I really hope you are right. It would be nice if they could do more of a UFC type of a thing where DAZN becomes the company where the best fighters go to and you have smaller places where less stellar fighters fight. I just don’t see that happening.

Thread Information