Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What kind of fightplan should Zab have?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What kind of fightplan should Zab have?

Moving and trying to outbox Floyd or trying to pressure him?

I may have started a topic about this before, can't remember, but I'm interested to hear what people think

In a lot of ways I think moving and trying to make Floyd lead would be better. Floyd's at his best when people are coming to him or just standing their ground. Zab could maybe run Floyd into a big shot if he forces him to come forward and lead. Floyd might be more interested in looking spectucular than Zab is, it almost got Floyd into trouble versus Corley although he gave him a complete beatdown.

But Zab I think is a bit more sound coming forward, cause when he tries to move and stay on his back foot he's got a bad habit of pulling straight back with his hands down, which is just like begging Floyd to tee off with the right hand.

Any thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What kind of fightplan should Zab have?

I agree but he needs to meet Floyd with a jab before his feet are planted, Floyd never throws when his feet aren't planted. So the key is to keep Mayweather moving left or right ot switching his feet and meeting his feints with feints.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hard for me to  say personally as i havent seen ZAb fight in a long time myself, is he the same as the Zab of old?

This could end up a boreing fight and too technical or it could be the sightfest combo/manuver fight of the year.

I can't seem to get a hold of what might happen.

There not much seperating some of their outer skills or speed but I think Floyd wins  on inside ability especially maintaining control through the stages from in fight to out fight and utilizing the openings he makes there.

That said ,if i was Zab I would try to maintain arm contact when nose to nose and fire free in the transitional moves and on the outside move alot and try to make Floyd find him.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre
    Hard for me to say personally as i havent seen ZAb fight in a long time myself, is he the same as the Zab of old?
    To me Zab doesn't seem quite as quick on his feet as he was at 140, thinks of himself as more of a powerpuncher

And yes, I wouldn't be shocked if it was a bit of a boring fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Zab's only chance is to catch Floyd with one perfect knockout shot.
    I'd probably have to recommend Zab go out stalking-aggressive against Floyd.
    Not recklessly throwing looping arm shots, but more of a Mike Tyson-esque stalking aggression.
    And hope he lands that one big money shot.
    I believe that's his only chance.

If he wants to play it safe and box, I think Floyd will have a field day beating Zab to the punch every time.
    Landing his best shot of late, his right hand lead, all night long on the southpaw.
    If he wants to let Floyd be the aggressor, Zab can not fight backwards. Easy TKO for Floyd.

He needs to land that one big lucky shot on Floyd.
    Stalking aggression.
    Fighting backwards for any period of time = bad news for zab.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well going back to the sharmba mitchell fight, mitchell was able to land 2 huge wide shots right on PBF's dome CLEAN. the reason he was able to was cause according to Jim Lampley PBF can see all punches coming at him except for the wide shots. But ZAB having done this in the past leaves himself wide open when he does go for the kill. so i think in order for ZAB to seriously hurt PBF he'll have to take a huge risk in leaving himself open for alot of people believe Zab is not as quick as he once was i too believe this to be true. So long story short if Zab does not end it fast then he'll be dominated all night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    well going back to the sharmba mitchell fight, mitchell was able to land 2 huge wide shots right on PBF's dome CLEAN. the reason he was able to was cause according to Jim Lampley PBF can see all punches coming at him except for the wide shots. But ZAB having done this in the past leaves himself wide open when he does go for the kill. so i think in order for ZAB to seriously hurt PBF he'll have to take a huge risk in leaving himself open for alot of people believe Zab is not as quick as he once was i too believe this to be true. So long story short if Zab does not end it fast then he'll be dominated all night.
    cc
    Totally agree with the things you said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WHat Zab should do is hurt himself before Saturday so he doesn't have to fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by meowza
    I think Zab's only chance is to catch Floyd with one perfect knockout shot.
    I'd probably have to recommend Zab go out stalking-aggressive against Floyd.
    Not recklessly throwing looping arm shots, but more of a Mike Tyson-esque stalking aggression.
    And hope he lands that one big money shot.
    I believe that's his only chance.

If he wants to play it safe and box, I think Floyd will have a field day beating Zab to the punch every time.
    Landing his best shot of late, his right hand lead, all night long on the southpaw.
    If he wants to let Floyd be the aggressor, Zab can not fight backwards. Easy TKO for Floyd.

He needs to land that one big lucky shot on Floyd.
    Stalking aggression.
    Fighting backwards for any period of time = bad news for zab.
    I totally agree. Zab has to go after Foyd early and really hurt him in the first 2 or 3 rounds if he is to have any chance.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    WHat Zab should do is hurt himself before Saturday so he doesn't have to fight.
    I'm not saying Zab will win, but he has a chance, slight, but still a chance. I'm interested in hearing how people think he should maximize that chance. Cause although I clearly favor PBF I wouldn't say that Zab doesn't have a chance, no result in a fight really shocks me anymore, anything can happen in a fight

And welcome to the forum 04ETA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You konw what.. I don't think Zab Judah is the type of fighter that can stick to any kind of game plan too much. I think he just gets in the ring and does what he does.

It all depends on how hard he worked in the gym and how seriously he takes the fight.

If I was training Zab Judah I would just work on getting him in the best shape of his life so when they start to enter the championship rounds and the fighters are getting a little sloppy Zab will be the one that can step it up, wear Mayweather down and land big shots.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by steady_E
    You konw what.. I don't think Zab Judah is the type of fighter that can stick to any kind of game plan too much. I think he just gets in the ring and does what he does.

It all depends on how hard he worked in the gym and how seriously he takes the fight.

If I was training Zab Judah I would just work on getting him in the best shape of his life so when they start to enter the championship rounds and the fighters are getting a little sloppy Zab will be the one that can step it up, wear Mayweather down and land big shots.
    i agree completely

that is most definately zabs best bet....just to be in prime condition and when its time to try and turn it on, just make sure he's able to do it more than mayweather...

going in with a specific plan could easily go out of the window with someone like judah....its better to have ideas and strategies but just to implement them and adjust them as the fight progresses and the situation demands...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know how this sounds, but if I was Zab I would absolutely pounce him from the opening bell berserk-@ss-Sam-Soliman-style. Throw 150 punches in the 1st round, punch like crazy on the way in, don't let him tie up, try and bully him on the inside and basically try and make the 1st round the whole fight. Again, I know how this sounds, but how much of a chance does he really have anyway?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    well going back to the sharmba mitchell fight, mitchell was able to land 2 huge wide shots right on PBF's dome CLEAN. the reason he was able to was cause according to Jim Lampley PBF can see all punches coming at him except for the wide shots. But ZAB having done this in the past leaves himself wide open when he does go for the kill. so i think in order for ZAB to seriously hurt PBF he'll have to take a huge risk in leaving himself open for alot of people believe Zab is not as quick as he once was i too believe this to be true.
    Tarver did that to beat Jones, you think Zab has to do the same thing?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

...... find some kryptonite, according to conventional wisdom.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information