Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Boris Johnson sparks fury by saying money spent on child abuse investigations a waste

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Boris Johnson sparks fury by saying money spent on child abuse investigations a waste

Boris Johnson sparks fury by saying money spent on child abuse investigations has been ‘spaffed up wall’

I don't want to jump on the outrage wagon but this is the guy who when he was Mayor of London spent / wasted money on these-

Garden Bridge £52m
    New Routemaster £321m
    Emirates Air Line £24m
    Water cannon £323,000
    Hire bikes £225
    Olympic stadium conversion £305m
    ArcelorMittal Orbit £6.1m

A new low for BoJo

Boris Johnson has sparked outrage after claiming money spent investigating historic child sexual abuse had been “spaffed up the wall”.
    Labour branded the ex-foreign secretary a “shameless, dangerous oaf” for his latest gaffe, which came in response to questions about police numbers during a radio phone-in.

Mr Johnson, who has long harboured Tory leadership ambitions, argued that money spent on investigating historic crimes would be better channelled into boosting police numbers, in the wake of a spate of fatal stabbings.

But the former London mayor’s crude choice of language immediately drew criticism, with MPs urging him to apologise to victims.

Mr Johnson told LBC: “Keeping numbers high on the streets is certainly important but the question is about where you spend the money and where you deploy the officers.
    “And one comment I would make is I think an awful lot of money and an awful lot of police time now goes into these historic offences and all this malarkey.

“You know, £60m I saw was being spaffed up a wall, you know, on some investigation into historic child abuse.

“What on earth is that going to do to protect the public now?”
    Shadow policing minister Louise Haigh said his comments were inappropriate and offensive to victims’ families, branding him a “shameless, dangerous oaf”.
    She added: “Could you look the victims in the eye and tell them investigating and bringing to justice those who abused them, as children, is a waste of money?”

Nazir Afzal, a former chief crown prosecutor in northwest England who led prosecutions into abuse in Rotherham, condemned the remarks.
    He tweeted: “Tell that to those whose lives were devastated by abusers. Tell that Frances Andrade [a musician who accused a former choirmaster of abuse] who took her own life 30 yrs after the abuse she lived with every day.”

Angela Rayner, the shadow education secretary, said: “Boris Johnson hits a new low even for him, disgusting comments and he must apologise for his remarks.
    “This self-serving individual makes a career out of gaffes but this is truly awful stuff.”
    Ministers established the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse (IICSA) in 2014 in the wake of allegations of abuse by Jimmy Savile.

The inquiry has heard evidence of horrific abuse linked to children’s homes, schools, the Catholic and Anglican churches and government migration programmes.
    Mr Johnson committed a string of humiliating gaffes while foreign secretary, which included reciting a colonial poem in a Myanmar temple and referring to the continent of Africa as “that country”.
    At the Conservative conference in 2017, Mr Johnson was widely condemned after claiming the Libyan city of Sirte would have a bright future as a luxury resort once they “cleared the dead bodies away”.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boris Johnson sparks fury by saying money spent on child abuse investigations a w

Anyone would think that there was an establishment cover-up. Disappearing people, vanishing inquiries, deletion of weblinks to elm house and the politicians who went there, dead judges...the list goes on
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boris Johnson sparks fury by saying money spent on child abuse investigations a w

Boris sparks Fury, never!!!! Tyson would kick his ass.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All that strikes me is he should have spent far more on that water cannon.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beanz's quote mentioned Anglican and Catholic paedophiles.

There's another religion that he failed to mention.

Rabbi Ben Zion Sobel is one of the most notorious paedophiles known, he molested hundreds of boys.

Last edited by Freedom; 03-15-2019 at 03:48 PM.

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What are you more worried about Freedom? Kids being abused and raped or the religion, race, ethnicity of those carrying out the abuse? You have massive issues
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am worried about muslim grooming rape gangs , something that is ok in the writings of The Peasant Desert Dwelling Goat Herder.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure that religiously motivated rape gangs are explicitly given a thumbs up in the Koran, Al? Just like the Bible doesn't exactly say it's OK to kill 49 people in New Zealand mosques?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information