Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: College admissions scandal in the U.S.

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,350
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1672
    Cool Clicks

    Default College admissions scandal in the U.S.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/un...id=mailsignout

    "Universities race to quell outrage over bribery and cheating scandal in admissions"


    Ok so let me get this straight. These high-profile, multi-millionaire parents, in order to ensure their kids get into the Yales and Harvards of the country..... hire this individual to basically bribe coaches and falsify entrance exams.... paying hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars.

    These don't seem to be very bright people. I mean, is there a guarantee that Junior isn't going to flunk out in his first year at Yale? Or were they planning to forge all his tests and bribe his professors? Even if Junior somehow graduates, how does that translate into success later in life for Junior? Is he going to be able to hold down a job? Obviously, there's very little if any return on their investment here.

    I guess it's the ego thing. They must consider it worth half a million dollars to say that Junior is going to Harvard.

    Either way, there's plenty of shit to pass around. Many heads will roll before it's all over. So now the universities have been thoroughly embarrassed, even if they had no idea this was happening. Just to have your name mentioned in the scandal is bad enough. Curious to see what crackdowns if any these universities will make.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,350
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1672
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: College admissions scandal in the U.S.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebri...id=mailsignout

    "Loughlin, Giannulli: No college bribery trial until 2021"


    Man..... this shit's gonna drag on forever. Just goes to show how far money can take you, even when it means putting off a sure jail sentence (hopefully). The average Joe would've been in prison orange a long time ago.

    Two things I'm happy about.

    One, no matter how the trial goes, Lori Loughlin and her husband will have spent a SHITLOAD of money on defense lawyers before all this is over.

    Two, that pretty little smug face of Loughlin's seems to have dissipated over the many months these court proceedings have been going on.



    This trial may seem trivial in the overall context of things. But the outcome will send (or not) a clear message to those people with money who think they can do whatever they damn well please and screw the little guy.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    47,895
    Mentioned
    931 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3180
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: College admissions scandal in the U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/un...id=mailsignout

    "Universities race to quell outrage over bribery and cheating scandal in admissions"


    Ok so let me get this straight. These high-profile, multi-millionaire parents, in order to ensure their kids get into the Yales and Harvards of the country..... hire this individual to basically bribe coaches and falsify entrance exams.... paying hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars.

    These don't seem to be very bright people. I mean, is there a guarantee that Junior isn't going to flunk out in his first year at Yale? Or were they planning to forge all his tests and bribe his professors? Even if Junior somehow graduates, how does that translate into success later in life for Junior? Is he going to be able to hold down a job? Obviously, there's very little if any return on their investment here.

    I guess it's the ego thing. They must consider it worth half a million dollars to say that Junior is going to Harvard.

    Either way, there's plenty of shit to pass around. Many heads will roll before it's all over. So now the universities have been thoroughly embarrassed, even if they had no idea this was happening. Just to have your name mentioned in the scandal is bad enough. Curious to see what crackdowns if any these universities will make.
    I think it is something more common than people realize and it has been going on a long time. I had a friend who was doing a Masters degree back in Scotland and he was confused by how the Chinese students were doing so well. He was at the seminars and they could not express themselves very well, yet apparently were getting the best grades. I think it boils down to the fact that money gets you somewhere. They pay a lot of money.

    The reality is if you do graduate from those places, then it does look a lot better than wherever in China or elsewhere in the USA. The Justice Minister here was caught with his daughter faking credentials and he has had to stand down as has his Professor wife. It is something I think is pretty endemic and most do not get caught.

    Personally I think the most capable should be in those places regardless of status.
    Last edited by Gandalf; 02-14-2020 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Erased a saucy bit.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,350
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1672
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: College admissions scandal in the U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/un...id=mailsignout

    "Universities race to quell outrage over bribery and cheating scandal in admissions"


    Ok so let me get this straight. These high-profile, multi-millionaire parents, in order to ensure their kids get into the Yales and Harvards of the country..... hire this individual to basically bribe coaches and falsify entrance exams.... paying hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars.

    These don't seem to be very bright people. I mean, is there a guarantee that Junior isn't going to flunk out in his first year at Yale? Or were they planning to forge all his tests and bribe his professors? Even if Junior somehow graduates, how does that translate into success later in life for Junior? Is he going to be able to hold down a job? Obviously, there's very little if any return on their investment here.

    I guess it's the ego thing. They must consider it worth half a million dollars to say that Junior is going to Harvard.

    Either way, there's plenty of shit to pass around. Many heads will roll before it's all over. So now the universities have been thoroughly embarrassed, even if they had no idea this was happening. Just to have your name mentioned in the scandal is bad enough. Curious to see what crackdowns if any these universities will make.
    I think it is something more common than people realize and it has been going on a long time. I had a friend who was doing a Masters degree back in Scotland and he was confused by how the Chinese students were doing so well. He was at the seminars and they could not express themselves very well, yet apparently were getting the best grades. I think it boils down to the fact that money gets you somewhere. They pay a lot of money.

    The reality is if you do graduate from those places, then it does look a lot better than wherever in China or elsewhere in the USA. The Justice Minister here was caught with his daughter faking credentials and he has had to stand down as has his Professor wife. It is something I think is pretty endemic and most do not get caught.

    Personally I think the most capable should be in those places regardless of status.


    You're right it's very common and happens everywhere. Money may not buy you everything... but it can certainly buy you admission into the best universities. The flip side is that normally these "bought" admissions end up yielding less than desirable outcomes. Little Johnny gets accepted into Yale, but ends up doing precious little with his life. Probably because the lesson he learned is one of entitlement... and he carries that into the real world and falls flat on his face. Meanwhile, it's a selfish thing for parents who can gloat over caviar and champagne parties that their offspring got accepted into Yale or Harvard. Foolishly spent money, if you ask me. Better to spend your money in other things, and give little Johnny the upbringing he needs to truly succeed in the world.

    This particular case though, is important because it involves a well-known Hollywood celebrity who embodies the person who "has everything." Money, looks, social status, influence..... you name it. She's married to some hotshot Italian designer husband..... and she thinks they both walk on water. Her body language when first dragged into court said it all. Flipping back her hair.... smiling for the cameras... waving at her adoring fans. F*ck that nonsense. If she somehow gets acquitted, she'll flaunt that in everyone's faces (ha, ha, ha..... I'm better than everybody once again)..... and recoup her legal costs many times over with speaking engagements, like many high-profile criminals do nowadays.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    406
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    48
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: College admissions scandal in the U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/un...id=mailsignout

    "Universities race to quell outrage over bribery and cheating scandal in admissions"


    Ok so let me get this straight. These high-profile, multi-millionaire parents,
    Which parents where mainly white

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    in order to ensure their kids get into the Yales and Harvards of the country
    Which kids where mainly white

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    ..... hire this individual to basically
    Who was probably white.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    bribe coaches and falsify entrance exams.... paying hundreds of thousands or millions
    Who was probably white.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I mean, is there a guarantee that Junior isn't going to flunk out in his first year at Yale?
    Dude. Listen to yourself. You don't fking pay millions to bribe to people on a game of chance ! That's why they pay the money. To rig the game so they can't lose,

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Or were they planning to forge all his tests and bribe his professors?
    Gimme strength

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Even if Junior somehow graduates
    Junior will graduate !!! That's why they pay the money

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    how does that translate into success later in life for Junior?
    Because Junior dad's has legacy and he has a trust fund and his parents have been donating a good % of their annual salary to the school and on top of that their dad holds political office or fortune 500 CEOs, COOs, CFOs or CAOs.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Is he going to be able to hold down a job?
    Junior does not apply for jobs. The job is already there. Junior does not get sacked. At they very worst he'll get transferred

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I guess it's the ego thing.
    It's just plain ol white supremacy
    Last edited by Denilson-The-Comeback; 02-14-2020 at 08:29 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,319
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    609
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: College admissions scandal in the U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by Denilson-The-Comeback View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/un...id=mailsignout

    "Universities race to quell outrage over bribery and cheating scandal in admissions"


    Ok so let me get this straight. These high-profile, multi-millionaire parents,
    Which parents where mainly white

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    in order to ensure their kids get into the Yales and Harvards of the country
    Which kids where mainly white

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    ..... hire this individual to basically
    Who was probably white.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    bribe coaches and falsify entrance exams.... paying hundreds of thousands or millions
    Who was probably white.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I mean, is there a guarantee that Junior isn't going to flunk out in his first year at Yale?
    Dude. Listen to yourself. You don't fking pay millions to bribe to people on a game of chance ! That's why they pay the money. To rig the game so they can't lose,

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Or were they planning to forge all his tests and bribe his professors?
    Gimme strength

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Even if Junior somehow graduates
    Junior will graduate !!! That's why they pay the money

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    how does that translate into success later in life for Junior?
    Because Junior dad's has legacy and he has a trust fund and his parents have been donating a good % of their annual salary to the school and on top of that their dad holds political office or fortune 500 CEOs, COOs, CFOs or CAOs.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Is he going to be able to hold down a job?
    Junior does not apply for jobs. The job is already there. Junior does not get sacked. At they very worst he'll get transferred

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I guess it's the ego thing.
    It's just plain ol white supremacy
    Hmm.. didn’t expect a response like that from Big D

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    59,324
    Mentioned
    523 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3013
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: College admissions scandal in the U.S.

    Yyyyeah so what exactly is "white supremacist" about a system that rewards people with lower GPAs and Test scores than non-White and non-Asian races/ethnicities?


    Buying your way into a school isn't a white thing it's a MONEY thing. Making shit grades and still getting into a school just because you're a certain race....that's kinda odd yeah?
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,319
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    609
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: College admissions scandal in the U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Yyyyeah so what exactly is "white supremacist" about a system that rewards people with lower GPAs and Test scores than non-White and non-Asian races/ethnicities?


    Buying your way into a school isn't a white thing it's a MONEY thing. Making shit grades and still getting into a school just because you're a certain race....that's kinda odd yeah?
    He usually doesn’t answer things like that I’m sure affirmative action is a white supremacist thing anyway just ask Clarence Thomas

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,350
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1672
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: College admissions scandal in the U.S.

    When you write a thread that has zilch to do about race and it gets invaded by Denilson's W.S. horseshit............



  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    657
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    58
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: College admissions scandal in the U.S.

    why is anyone surprised, this goes on in all aspects of life, but until people see it on their tv it's not really happening
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,319
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    609
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: College admissions scandal in the U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    When you write a thread that has zilch to do about race and it gets invaded by Denilson's W.S. horseshit............


    Well in the eyes of big D everything is about race

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    406
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    48
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: College admissions scandal in the U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Yyyyeah so what exactly is "white supremacist" about a system that rewards people with lower GPAs and Test scores than non-White and non-Asian races/ethnicities?


    Buying your way into a school isn't a white thing it's a MONEY thing. Making shit grades and still getting into a school just because you're a certain race....that's kinda odd yeah?
    OK. I'll bite.

    Name the colleges or universities where they rolling out the red carpet for blk ppl n they're letting black ppl in with lower scores than whites ?

    Name them.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,350
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1672
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: College admissions scandal in the U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by Denilson-The-Comeback View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Yyyyeah so what exactly is "white supremacist" about a system that rewards people with lower GPAs and Test scores than non-White and non-Asian races/ethnicities?


    Buying your way into a school isn't a white thing it's a MONEY thing. Making shit grades and still getting into a school just because you're a certain race....that's kinda odd yeah?
    OK. I'll bite.

    Name the colleges or universities where they rolling out the red carpet for blk ppl n they're letting black ppl in with lower scores than whites ?

    Name them.

    I know that was directed at El Kabong, but I just couldn't resist.

    Let's see..... to my knowledge I've never seen or heard of any college or university rolling out the red carpet for anybody. But that's just me.

    As far as this part................

    ....they're letting black ppl in with lower scores than whites ?



    Gee Denilson. I'm going out on a limb here, but you find me any college that's letting in people with lower scores than others they're not letting in...... you give me a call, ok?

    We'll have discovered a new scandal.

    Hope this helps.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    406
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    48
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: College admissions scandal in the U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    When you write a thread that has zilch to do about race and it gets invaded by Denilson's W.S. horseshit............


    Well here's the thing. You let a bunch of black people try n pull a scam like this. O...yeah you better believe race would be on the table. You'd never hear the end of it.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    406
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    48
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: College admissions scandal in the U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Denilson-The-Comeback View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Yyyyeah so what exactly is "white supremacist" about a system that rewards people with lower GPAs and Test scores than non-White and non-Asian races/ethnicities?


    Buying your way into a school isn't a white thing it's a MONEY thing. Making shit grades and still getting into a school just because you're a certain race....that's kinda odd yeah?
    OK. I'll bite.

    Name the colleges or universities where they rolling out the red carpet for blk ppl n they're letting black ppl in with lower scores than whites ?

    Name them.

    I know that was directed at El Kabong, but I just couldn't resist.

    Let's see..... to my knowledge I've never seen or heard of any college or university rolling out the red carpet for anybody. But that's just me.

    As far as this part................

    ....they're letting black ppl in with lower scores than whites ?



    Gee Denilson. I'm going out on a limb here, but you find me any college that's letting in people with lower scores than others they're not letting in...... you give me a call, ok?

    We'll have discovered a new scandal.

    Hope this helps.
    I'm not making claim.

    Can that one brain cell fighting for dominance in that thick skull of yours understand that ?

    El Kabong - Made the claim. So I'm challenging him to prove it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. College Results II
    By Donny in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-17-2008, 01:01 PM
  2. Got my College Exams!!!!!!
    By Donny in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 08:39 AM
  3. College Football
    By OumaFan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-17-2007, 08:12 PM
  4. College
    By Tam Seddon in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-06-2007, 04:49 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing