Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: College admissions scandal in the U.S.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default College admissions scandal in the U.S.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/un...id=mailsignout

"Universities race to quell outrage over bribery and cheating scandal in admissions"

Ok so let me get this straight. These high-profile, multi-millionaire parents, in order to ensure their kids get into the Yales and Harvards of the country..... hire this individual to basically bribe coaches and falsify entrance exams.... paying hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars.

These don't seem to be very bright people. I mean, is there a guarantee that Junior isn't going to flunk out in his first year at Yale? Or were they planning to forge all his tests and bribe his professors? Even if Junior somehow graduates, how does that translate into success later in life for Junior? Is he going to be able to hold down a job? Obviously, there's very little if any return on their investment here.

I guess it's the ego thing. They must consider it worth half a million dollars to say that Junior is going to Harvard.

Either way, there's plenty of shit to pass around. Many heads will roll before it's all over. So now the universities have been thoroughly embarrassed, even if they had no idea this was happening. Just to have your name mentioned in the scandal is bad enough. Curious to see what crackdowns if any these universities will make.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: College admissions scandal in the U.S.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebri...id=mailsignout

"Loughlin, Giannulli: No college bribery trial until 2021"

Man..... this shit's gonna drag on forever. Just goes to show how far money can take you, even when it means putting off a sure jail sentence (hopefully). The average Joe would've been in prison orange a long time ago.

Two things I'm happy about.

One, no matter how the trial goes, Lori Loughlin and her husband will have spent a SHITLOAD of money on defense lawyers before all this is over.

Two, that pretty little smug face of Loughlin's seems to have dissipated over the many months these court proceedings have been going on.

This trial may seem trivial in the overall context of things. But the outcome will send (or not) a clear message to those people with money who think they can do whatever they damn well please and screw the little guy.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

"Universities race to quell outrage over bribery and cheating scandal in admissions"

Ok so let me get this straight. These high-profile, multi-millionaire parents, in order to ensure their kids get into the Yales and Harvards of the country..... hire this individual to basically bribe coaches and falsify entrance exams.... paying hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars.

These don't seem to be very bright people. I mean, is there a guarantee that Junior isn't going to flunk out in his first year at Yale? Or were they planning to forge all his tests and bribe his professors? Even if Junior somehow graduates, how does that translate into success later in life for Junior? Is he going to be able to hold down a job? Obviously, there's very little if any return on their investment here.

I guess it's the ego thing. They must consider it worth half a million dollars to say that Junior is going to Harvard.

Either way, there's plenty of shit to pass around. Many heads will roll before it's all over. So now the universities have been thoroughly embarrassed, even if they had no idea this was happening. Just to have your name mentioned in the scandal is bad enough. Curious to see what crackdowns if any these universities will make.
    I think it is something more common than people realize and it has been going on a long time. I had a friend who was doing a Masters degree back in Scotland and he was confused by how the Chinese students were doing so well. He was at the seminars and they could not express themselves very well, yet apparently were getting the best grades. I think it boils down to the fact that money gets you somewhere. They pay a lot of money.

The reality is if you do graduate from those places, then it does look a lot better than wherever in China or elsewhere in the USA. The Justice Minister here was caught with his daughter faking credentials and he has had to stand down as has his Professor wife. It is something I think is pretty endemic and most do not get caught.

Personally I think the most capable should be in those places regardless of status.
    Last edited by Gandalf; 02-14-2020 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Erased a saucy bit.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

I think it is something more common than people realize and it has been going on a long time. I had a friend who was doing a Masters degree back in Scotland and he was confused by how the Chinese students were doing so well. He was at the seminars and they could not express themselves very well, yet apparently were getting the best grades. I think it boils down to the fact that money gets you somewhere. They pay a lot of money.

The reality is if you do graduate from those places, then it does look a lot better than wherever in China or elsewhere in the USA. The Justice Minister here was caught with his daughter faking credentials and he has had to stand down as has his Professor wife. It is something I think is pretty endemic and most do not get caught.

Personally I think the most capable should be in those places regardless of status.

You're right it's very common and happens everywhere. Money may not buy you everything... but it can certainly buy you admission into the best universities. The flip side is that normally these "bought" admissions end up yielding less than desirable outcomes. Little Johnny gets accepted into Yale, but ends up doing precious little with his life. Probably because the lesson he learned is one of entitlement... and he carries that into the real world and falls flat on his face. Meanwhile, it's a selfish thing for parents who can gloat over caviar and champagne parties that their offspring got accepted into Yale or Harvard. Foolishly spent money, if you ask me. Better to spend your money in other things, and give little Johnny the upbringing he needs to truly succeed in the world.

This particular case though, is important because it involves a well-known Hollywood celebrity who embodies the person who "has everything." Money, looks, social status, influence..... you name it. She's married to some hotshot Italian designer husband..... and she thinks they both walk on water. Her body language when first dragged into court said it all. Flipping back her hair.... smiling for the cameras... waving at her adoring fans. F*ck that nonsense. If she somehow gets acquitted, she'll flaunt that in everyone's faces (ha, ha, ha..... I'm better than everybody once again)..... and recoup her legal costs many times over with speaking engagements, like many high-profile criminals do nowadays.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok so let me get this straight. These high-profile, multi-millionaire parents,
    Which parents where mainly white

in order to ensure their kids get into the Yales and Harvards of the country
    Which kids where mainly white

..... hire this individual to basically
    Who was probably white.

bribe coaches and falsify entrance exams.... paying hundreds of thousands or millions
    Who was probably white.

I mean, is there a guarantee that Junior isn't going to flunk out in his first year at Yale?
    Dude. Listen to yourself. You don't fking pay millions to bribe to people on a game of chance ! That's why they pay the money. To rig the game so they can't lose,

Or were they planning to forge all his tests and bribe his professors?
    Gimme strength

Even if Junior somehow graduates
    Junior will graduate !!! That's why they pay the money

how does that translate into success later in life for Junior?
    Because Junior dad's has legacy and he has a trust fund and his parents have been donating a good % of their annual salary to the school and on top of that their dad holds political office or fortune 500 CEOs, COOs, CFOs or CAOs.

Is he going to be able to hold down a job?
    Junior does not apply for jobs. The job is already there. Junior does not get sacked. At they very worst he'll get transferred

I guess it's the ego thing.
    It's just plain ol white supremacy
    Last edited by Denilson-The-Comeback; 02-14-2020 at 08:29 PM.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson-The-Comeback View Post

Ok so let me get this straight. These high-profile, multi-millionaire parents,
    Which parents where mainly white

in order to ensure their kids get into the Yales and Harvards of the country
    Which kids where mainly white

..... hire this individual to basically
    Who was probably white.

bribe coaches and falsify entrance exams.... paying hundreds of thousands or millions
    Who was probably white.

I mean, is there a guarantee that Junior isn't going to flunk out in his first year at Yale?
    Dude. Listen to yourself. You don't fking pay millions to bribe to people on a game of chance ! That's why they pay the money. To rig the game so they can't lose,

Or were they planning to forge all his tests and bribe his professors?
    Gimme strength

Even if Junior somehow graduates
    Junior will graduate !!! That's why they pay the money

how does that translate into success later in life for Junior?
    Because Junior dad's has legacy and he has a trust fund and his parents have been donating a good % of their annual salary to the school and on top of that their dad holds political office or fortune 500 CEOs, COOs, CFOs or CAOs.

Is he going to be able to hold down a job?
    Junior does not apply for jobs. The job is already there. Junior does not get sacked. At they very worst he'll get transferred

I guess it's the ego thing.
    It's just plain ol white supremacy
    Hmm.. didn’t expect a response like that from Big D

El Kabong Guest

Yyyyeah so what exactly is "white supremacist" about a system that rewards people with lower GPAs and Test scores than non-White and non-Asian races/ethnicities?

Buying your way into a school isn't a white thing it's a MONEY thing. Making shit grades and still getting into a school just because you're a certain race....that's kinda odd yeah?

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Yyyyeah so what exactly is "white supremacist" about a system that rewards people with lower GPAs and Test scores than non-White and non-Asian races/ethnicities?

Buying your way into a school isn't a white thing it's a MONEY thing. Making shit grades and still getting into a school just because you're a certain race....that's kinda odd yeah?
    He usually doesn’t answer things like that I’m sure affirmative action is a white supremacist thing anyway just ask Clarence Thomas

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When you write a thread that has zilch to do about race and it gets invaded by Denilson's W.S. horseshit............

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

why is anyone surprised, this goes on in all aspects of life, but until people see it on their tv it's not really happening
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When you write a thread that has zilch to do about race and it gets invaded by Denilson's W.S. horseshit............

Well in the eyes of big D everything is about race

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK. I'll bite.

Name the colleges or universities where they rolling out the red carpet for blk ppl n they're letting black ppl in with lower scores than whites ?

Name them.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK. I'll bite.

Name the colleges or universities where they rolling out the red carpet for blk ppl n they're letting black ppl in with lower scores than whites ?

Name them.

I know that was directed at El Kabong, but I just couldn't resist.

Let's see..... to my knowledge I've never seen or heard of any college or university rolling out the red carpet for anybody. But that's just me.

As far as this part................

....they're letting black ppl in with lower scores than whites ?

Gee Denilson. I'm going out on a limb here, but you find me any college that's letting in people with lower scores than others they're not letting in...... you give me a call, ok?

We'll have discovered a new scandal.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well here's the thing. You let a bunch of black people try n pull a scam like this. O...yeah you better believe race would be on the table. You'd never hear the end of it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK. I'll bite.

Name them.

I know that was directed at El Kabong, but I just couldn't resist.

Let's see..... to my knowledge I've never seen or heard of any college or university rolling out the red carpet for anybody. But that's just me.

As far as this part................

....they're letting black ppl in with lower scores than whites ?

Gee Denilson. I'm going out on a limb here, but you find me any college that's letting in people with lower scores than others they're not letting in...... you give me a call, ok?

We'll have discovered a new scandal.

Hope this helps.
    I'm not making claim.

Can that one brain cell fighting for dominance in that thick skull of yours understand that ?

El Kabong - Made the claim. So I'm challenging him to prove it.

Thread Information