Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Joe Joyce vs Daniel Dubois - Purse bids called for British heavyweight title fight

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Joe Joyce vs Daniel Dubois - Purse bids called for British heavyweight title fight

I like this fight ALOT... two rising UK Heavyweights who are both heavy handed.

Is either of them the real deal or are they both Gary Mason type fighters?

Tough to call this one.

BBBofC have called for purse bids for British heavyweight title fight
    Joe Joyce vs Daniel Dubois could happen this summer

The BBBofC have today called for purse bids to be put forward for the vacant British heavyweight championship by midday on April 10, with the contest ordered to take place before the end of July 2019.

'Juggernaught' Joe Joyce (8-0, 8KOs), 33 from Putney, is currently the Commonwealth heavyweight champion and picked up the WBA Gold belt in his last fight with former world champion Bermane Stiverne (25-3-1, 21KOs).

Dynamite' Daniel Dubois (10-0, 9KOs), 21 from Greenwich, has picked up four titles so far in his two-year-long professional career - WBC Youth; Southern Area; English; and WBO European heavyweight titles.

'DDD' will be headlining on April 27 at the SSE Arena, Wembley against WBO No.14 ranked Richard Lartey (14-1, 11KOs).

Joyce is still hunting down his next fight, with Charles Martin touted as a likely opponent. Joyce is mandatory for Agit Kabayel's (19-0, 13Os) European title but the 26-year-old German is rumoured to be lining up a voluntary defence instead. He is also now the No.1 challenger to Manuel Charr's WBA world title, but he is rumoured to be defending against the WBA interim champion Trevor Bryan (20-0, 14KOs) in his next fight.

A fight between Joyce and Dubois would be a huge domestic affair, but with Joyce looking toward European and world title fights, and Dubois vs Nathan Gorman being built up by promoter Frank Warren, it's unlikely it will actually happen.

More likely, Joyce will fight a recognised name next, such as Charles Martin, and Dubois and Gorman both win their next fights to meet for the British championship in a summer showdown on BT Sport.

Frank Warren appeared optimistic, however, after he announced on Twitter, "Delighted the board have ordered Dubois vs Joyce. Daniel has a tought fight on April 27 first up but we asked for the fight, Daniel wants it and we will reach out to Team Joyce to try and make it happen this summer."

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joe Joyce vs Daniel Dubois - Purse bids called for British heavyweight title figh

Would love this.

To me Joyce is very robotic. But Dubois is very very raw. Joyce has the pedigree. A win for either would be a statement.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joe Joyce vs Daniel Dubois - Purse bids called for British heavyweight title figh

Lets hope it gets made, im as sure as i can be both fighters will want this but i got a gut feeling the usual BS boxing politics might get in the way.
    I can see this being a cracking fight so fingers crossed

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Lets hope it gets made, im as sure as i can be both fighters will want this but i got a gut feeling the usual BS boxing politics might get in the way.
    I can see this being a cracking fight so fingers crossed
    Yeah can't imagine it happening. Would be old school match making.

I think on reflection I'd go Joyce atm, but would like to think Dubois has the more scope to go further.

Joyce looks very plodding to me and his power looks 'thudding', which only gets you so far (unless you are Foreman then thudding power takes you all the way).
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Daniel Dubois: I'm Excited About Possible Joe Joyce Fight
    DANIEL DUBOIS INSISTS he has got a job to do first before turning his attention towards a British title showdown against Joe Joyce.

The British Boxing Board of Control last week mandated Dubois (10-0) and the 2016 Olympic silver medallist Joyce (8-0) to fight for the coveted British heavyweight championship and notified both parties that negotiations should commence for the staging of the blockbuster battle.

Contrary to mounting social media scepticism, Dubois' promoter Frank Warren has publicly stated that the 21-year-old will not be withdrawn from the proposed fight and Dubois intends to add the Lonsdale belt to the WBC world Youth, Southern Area, English and WBO European titles he has already fought for and won.

The Hall of Fame promoter did add, however, that Dubois has serious business to attend to first in the shape of the dangerous Ghanaian Richard Lartey, with the pair set to headline at the SSE Arena, Wembley on April 27.

The 6ft 5" Lartey represents a significant risk to the unbeaten rise of the young Londoner, with the WBO African champion holding a record of 14-1, with the single blemish coming about due to injury. Eleven of his wins have come via knockout.

The name of Joyce is likely to feature prominently in the build-up to Dubois' first appearance at the venue formerly known as Wembley Arena, but the towering prospect from the Peacock Gym insists he will not be distracted by what comes next.

"I am happy the fight with Joyce has been put forward and it is one that excites me," said Dubois, who has nine stoppages to his name. "But that is for later because I have got a proper big fight lined up for April 27 and all of my energy and attention has to be channelled towards that.

"Richard Lartey is coming to win and these are the sort of fights I want to be involved in. It is a huge opportunity for me to headline a show at a famous arena live on BT Sport and it is not one I can afford to look beyond. My team wouldn't allow me to focus on anything else anyway.

"Once April 27 is done with, I can then start thinking about a fight that I am sure everyone will want to see where I can show that I am on my way to the top with a big knockout of a British rival who I know well from the amateur scene."

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's see if Warren sticks to his word..

Frank Warren has publicly stated that the 21-year-old will not be withdrawn from the proposed fight.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd be shocked if this happens, but well pleased.

Losses don't matter. How many has Federer lost? Hundreds. Just fight. If you win most that's great.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No chance Warren puts him in with Joyce, he's always bullish about making fights when he knows it can't be done
    Last edited by Fenster; 04-02-2019 at 02:16 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joyce punches like he is fighting underwater , Dubois is to stiff and upright.
    It would be a fun fight to watch however
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information