0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao doesn’t want Spence

Quote Originally Posted by goti71 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    We all want Spence-Crawford. Hopefully the powers that be will make it happen sooner rather than later. By later I mean when age begins to creep in as an excuse. Now that Spence dispatched Mikey back down to the lighter weights... and after Crawford is done dispatching the "Brook-dodging" Khan... hopefully it'll start clearing the way toward The Big One. Of course, I wouldn't mind the Thurmans and the Porters of the division getting in there first, just to establish that Spence and Crawford are indeed the cream of the division. Pac was great but his time is done. That would be just another distraction and time delay for The Big One, which is what we boxing fans really want to see. Hopefully it won't be treated like Pac-Floyd was handled..... horribly.
    Different scenarios. Anyone that understands the sport knew Floyd would fleece Manny. So of course Bob wasn’t in a rush.Spence/Crawford is a mystery.

Spence’s PPV seems above 360k in buys so let’s hope Crawford’s tops 300k to move closer. I doubt it does good numbers though. Like always in boxing I expect things to go wrong. The numbers will say Crawford should take less and Bob will refuse, that part we’ve seen before.

It may come down to Crawford and what he wants. If he wants to become another pawn in boxing's mindless promoter games, I guess we may be in for another "Floyd-Pac circus". If Bud really wants Spence in the ring, it'll happen with the timing that will please the fans.
    They probably haven't made much money at such an early stage (I mean retirement-securing money), so I wouldn't expect them to really want to risk a loss just yet. But of course that would apply to everyone.

No doubt money is the determining factor here. If so then it's too bad, because a loss by either fighter... unless it's a catastrophic loss... shouldn't be seen as the end of their earning power. If the fight's good there's always the rematch to be had. At least that's how it was back in the simpler days of boxing.... before the mega-million dollar purses. Plenty of ATG's with at least one loss on their records.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Espinoza says Bob has made no attempts, not a single call, about Wilder/Fury, Garcia/Loma, Spence/Crawford, nor returned calls about said fights. Which who knows who to believe in boxing but does fit the history

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are Garcia, Thurman, and Porter THAT bad in your opinion I feel they are less threatening than Spence and Crawford, bot those guys are still elite fighters in my book. They are highly ranked Turkistan in boxing’s deepest division, so I can’t really see the case against Manny picking one of this guys before fighting Spence or Crawford.

I prefer one of those fights as I want to see Crawford v Spence before the fight sours or someone comes in
    Overconfident and loses. I say have a tourney with Manny vs Thurman, Garcia vs Spence, and Crawford vs Porter. Have the winners fight and eventually crown an undisputed champ. No matter what though, Manny has earned a gimme fight at this point and NONE of those guys (Thurman, Porter, Garcia) are bums or gimme fights.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Are Garcia, Thurman, and Porter THAT bad in your opinion I feel they are less threatening than Spence and Crawford, bot those guys are still elite fighters in my book. They are highly ranked Turkistan in boxing’s deepest division, so I can’t really see the case against Manny picking one of this guys before fighting Spence or Crawford.

I prefer one of those fights as I want to see Crawford v Spence before the fight sours or someone comes in
    Overconfident and loses. I say have a tourney with Manny vs Thurman, Garcia vs Spence, and Crawford vs Porter. Have the winners fight and eventually crown an undisputed champ. No matter what though, Manny has earned a gimme fight at this point and NONE of those guys (Thurman, Porter, Garcia) are bums or gimme fights.
    Maybe i missed something, but I dont think anyone is saying those guys are bad fights for Manny. In fact all 3 would be great pick em fights. Most were just saying Spence vs Crawford is THE fight to be made, not just in the division, but in the sport right now. Thurman, having beaten the other 2 guys you mention, is obviously a credible challenger to Spence or Crawford also, but Im just not sure he wants THAT SMOKE His being off for so long with a pretty questionable injury, then getting hurt so bad last time against Lopez makes me doubt it at least.

Theres no question its still a good division with legit guys, but Its always annoying when there is a fight that is far and away the best to be made that isnt clamored for.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post

My point was that there were people on this board that were saying Pacquiao would best Spence and this showed that he wanted no part of him. And Pacquiao has taken tons of gimme fights. He hasn’t really fought a top guy since Mayweather. I wouldn’t be opposed to him fighting someone like Porter, but he could have fought him long ago if he wanted. He could have fought any of those three guys long ago, but now that Spence and Crawford are in the division, those three guys become guys he wants to fight.

But I do agree that a tournament would be great

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm beginning to bolster more to Manny in the big picture. Not even sure how bolster is applicable here but I'm rolling with it . Manny is Manny. And the fact is Thurman is fresh out of witness protection escaping a tko to Lopez. Once his hands start moving faster than his mouth we can lean team Thurman. Porter just played Peter Pan and was walked down by Ugas. Danny Garcia is fighting Adrian Granados for a 'title belt'. Pac is looking at a buffet here, win lose or draw, and clear PBC knows.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    What’s wrong with that scenario though? Porter vs pac is an interesting enough fight. Spence vs porter is a forgone conclusion. If the fight with Crawford can’t get done, I wouldn’t mind seeing Spence just move up to 154, its an ask but what else is worth doing? There are a bunch of great fights to make there.
    With the exception of Crawford, Spence Jr V anyone at 147 is a virtual foregone conclusion.

Spence deserves to the chance to cement a legacy at 147 though, as there a too many good fighters there that he could & should be fighting.
    The legend of Drederick Tatum!Hidden Content

Thread Information