Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golovkin v Brandon Adams ?

Fuck Abel Sanchez, it's not a father/son-Ward/Virgil relationship, he's only been with Golovkin for half-a-dozen years and was chosen from any amount of trainers. Why? Most likely because Big Bear is a lovely gaff to train and Sanchez is great with the media (consider Golovkin couldn't speak a lick of English).

Golovkin had over 500 fights before either knew the other existed.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone surprised who supports GGG no matter what? Fandom, a remarkable thing. Be a scumbag, I don’t care I love you. Be a good guy, I don’t care I love you.

It’s a bad look, the worse look is the names on his CV. Hell of a career but also a huge “what could have been”. Abel can get f’d, he’s s racist piece of trash. Good trainer though, much like Roach, racist piece of trash, good trainer. Maybe it’s just part of being a famous trainer.

GGG will be interesting when he makes an interesting fight, I won’t hold my breath

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Abel Sanchez... yeah, he's racist.

Roach is also, but had he omitted the word "Mexican" and just said POS, and directed it at Rios (in the 2013 Macau confrontation), it would've been fine and more than accurate.

Don't forget, both Rios and Margacheato mocked Roach's Parkinson's disease a few years earlier.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Roach is also, but had he omitted the word "Mexican" and just said POS, and directed it at Rios (in the 2013 Macau confrontation), it would've been fine and more than accurate.

Don't forget, both Rios and Margacheato mocked Roach's Parkinson's disease a few years earlier.
    You left out his Anti-semitist remarks. I connect that directly to racism because it comes from the same people that separate and denigrate.

I’ve never once defended Rios or Margarito on any matter so I’m not sure how that applies. Are you saying if someone insults your condition you can then say racist and anti-semitic remarks to everyone around them and it’s okay?

If he said Rios was a POS I would have agreed with him, that’s not what he said, it’s not even who he directed his vitriol at.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People can be offensive. Get over it. Ain't gonna change anytime soon.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

You left out his Anti-semitist remarks. I connect that directly to racism because it comes from the same people that separate and denigrate.

I’ve never once defended Rios or Margarito on any matter so I’m not sure how that applies. Are you saying if someone insults your condition you can then say racist and anti-semitic remarks to everyone around them and it’s okay?

If he said Rios was a POS I would have agreed with him, that’s not what he said, it’s not even who he directed his vitriol at.

Yeah... that's exactly what I said, Swanson. You have a rare gift (well.... not that rare in Saddo World). You have a gift for reading "black" and claiming it says "white".

Maybe you skipped over the part where I said "Roach is also". That's not a gift. It's a reading disorder which you've proven to suffer from.

At least I know you won't consider anything of what I just said "sexist."

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah... that's exactly what I said, Swanson. You have a rare gift (well.... not that rare in Saddo World). You have a gift for reading "black" and claiming it says "white".

Maybe you skipped over the part where I said "Roach is also". That's not a gift. It's a reading disorder which you've proven to suffer from.

I don’t like Puerto Ricans. Que racista!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

I don’t like Puerto Ricans. Que racista!

Oye... powerpuncher.... deja eso, chico. ¿Que pasa mi hermano? No me rompas las bolas.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golovkin v Steve Rolls 8th June 2019 Sky TV

GGG is back in action following Canelo defeat as he faces unbeaten Canadian Steve Rolls in the Big Apple

GENNADY GOLOVKIN returns to the ring with a super-middleweight clash against Steve Rolls in New York.

Following his dramatic points defeat to Saul Alvarez in September last year, GGG is on the comeback trail as he looks to set up an epic third showdown with the Mexican unified champ.

THIS bout is all set for Saturday, June 8.

It will be held at the iconic Madison Square Garden in New York.

Who is fighting on the undercard?
    Gennady Golovkin vs Steve Rolls (super-middleweight)
    Charles Conwell vs Skender Halili (USBA super-welterweight Title)
    Ali Akhmedov vs Abraham Han (super-middleweight)
    Brian Ceballo vs TBA (welterweight)
    Nikita Ababiy vs TBA (middleweight)

What are the odds?
    Gennady Golovkin to win: 1/50
    Steve Rolls to win: 18/1
    Draw: 33/1

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/boxin...ime-undercard/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golovkin v Steve Rolls

Good bump Master, now we can forget about this another time

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gennadiy Golovkin talks Andy Ruiz Jr., switching trainers and still wanting another shot at Canelo

The last time Gennadiy Golovkin lost a fight, he was away from the sport he loves for nearly a year. He dropped a disputed decision — sound familiar? — to Russian Gaydarbek Gaydarbekov in the middleweight gold medal match on Aug. 28, 2004 at the Athens Olympics.

He went nearly 15 years between losses, becoming world middleweight champ and one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world.

But nine months ago, Golovkin lost yet another disputed decision in an important middleweight fight. He dropped a decision, and his belts, to arch rival Canelo Alvarez in their rematch at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

His reaction to the defeat was similar to the one he had after losing the gold medal.

“After that Olympic fight, so many people came up to me and said, ‘G, you know, I watched that fight and there is no way you lost; no way,’” Golovkin told Yahoo Sports. “It was the same with Canelo. The first one [a 2017 split draw], ‘Everyone, fans, media, boxers, everyone, they told me, ‘That was no draw. You won that fight.’ The same thing in the [rematch]. That’s how it was.”

Golovkin stayed out of the spotlight for a long time after the loss to Alvarez before re-entering the public eye. When he did, he made several dramatic changes. He signed a lucrative multi-fight agreement with DAZN that is believed to be worth in excess of $100 million.

He let go his managers, Oleg and Max Hermann; and his attorney, Ron DiNicola. He wanted to reduce the percentage he paid his trainer, Abel Sanchez, and when Sanchez balked, he replaced him with Johnathon Banks. He even asked that the spelling of his first name be changed to include an “i” before the “y” at the end.

He’ll debut with DAZN on Saturday at Madison Square Garden in a super middleweight fight against Steve Rolls that is designed to be a tune-up but which, after Andy Ruiz Jr.’s shocking upset of then-IBF-WBA-WBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua in the same ring last week, has become anything but.

“Great job by Andy Ruiz in that fight; really, I mean it, great job by Andy,” Golovkin said. “But that is a lesson. You [in the media] like to ask me, ‘Who’s next?’ But it’s a hard question [to answer] because I know there are no easy fights. You have to put in the hard work and focus and after the fight, you worry about what is next. Never before.”

Golovkin, of course, wants another crack at Alvarez, and believes that because DAZN committed nearly a half-billion dollars between them, the fight shouldn’t be that difficult to put together.

There will be no rematch with Alvarez if he loses to Rolls. He knows that and insists he’ll be ready to perform at a high level.

He raves about the work he’s doing with Banks, a former heavyweight contender who was tutored in the art of training by the legendary Emanuel Steward.

He sees what Banks is doing with him as a supplement to what Sanchez taught him, not a replacement for it.

“Who said ‘Mexican Style’ is going away?” Golovkin asked rhetorically. “No. No. No. I’m not quitting Mexican Style or forgetting what Abel taught me. I’m taking that and adding Johnathon Banks’ style to mine. Detroit boxing, meet the Mexican Style.”

He laughed, and for a second it was like the old, affable Golovkin appeared. His bearing has changed to a large degree because he’s so intent on getting it correct in this, the homestretch of his career.

It’s a challenge for Banks in replacing a legendary and successful trainer like Sanchez, but Banks said it’s a bigger challenge for Golovkin.

“The difficulty is more on Triple-G than me,” Banks said. “He made the decision to go another direction with his training and he brought me on. I assume it’s because he knows what I’ve done and how I train people. I’m just going to do the things that I do, that Emanuel taught me.

“He’s adapting to it well, though. He’s come to the gym excited each day and hungry to get better. Things are coming together.”

The peak, they both hope, will come if and when Golovkin steps into the ring for a third time to fight Alvarez. Even the most diehard fans of both fighters would admit the two bouts were close.

Golovkin will have to take his performance to another level if he is to win. He said he’s watched a replay of the fight just once, and wasn’t too eager to dissect it.

“Watching on tape, I saw quite a few lost moments,” Golovkin said, “on my side and on Canelo’s side. But I still think I won on points. We can talk about Canelo more later, though. This fight, [against Rolls], that’s all that matters. That’s the one I need to be ready for.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/gen...141450888.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lots of buzz about this one. GGG bringing the big drama show to DAZN

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like golovkin, never seen Rollo but I assume this is a squash match, I also assumed Andy ruiz would be battered :S.. Anyway whatever golovkin is fun to watch so I'm looking forward to this.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG look great shape. Training look good

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Happy that the internet exists so that I don't have to stay up to stupid o clock to watch GGG. He is not often in dull fights whatever the level of his opposition and the Canelo wars combined with his age have probably slowed him down and blunted a few edges tbh. Don't know enough about Rolls to predict anything but never say never. Will be a nice start to a Sunday though. Undercard does not look great.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information