Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Scott Quigg to Fight Jayson Velez on the undercard of Srisaket/Estrada rematch

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Scott Quigg to Fight Jayson Velez on the undercard of Srisaket/Estrada rematch

Quigg.jpeg

Scott Quigg is targeting a World title showdown with Tevin Farmer as the Brit faces Jayson Velez at The Forum in Inglewood, LA on Friday April 26, live on DAZN in the US and on Sky Sports in the UK.

Quigg (35-2-2 26KOs) is itching for the chance to become a two-weight World champion, and his clash in his now home base of Los Angeles will be the second step in adding Super-Featherweight glory to his reign as WBA Super-Bantamweight king.

The Brit star delivered a violent KO win on his bow at 130lbs in Boston, MA in October in the second round over Mario Briones – a card that saw Tevin Farmer defend his IBF World Super-Featherweight crown for the first time with a fifth round KO of James Tennyson.

The Philadelphia ace has defended the title twice since, against Francisco Fonseca in New York in December and on home turf against Jono Carroll in March, and he’s a target for Quigg should he prevail against the in-form Velez (28-5-1 20KOs) with the Puerto Rican picking off Orlando Cruz and Victor Terrazas inside four rounds since a points reverse to highly-rated Ryan Garcia.

“These are the cards I want to be on,” said Quigg. “It’s a great chance for me to make a big statement with the attention on the bill. I want to be a World Champion again so I need to show people that I mean business. Jayson is a solid fighter who is coming off some good wins so it’s a good test and one I am looking forward to.....

http://www.secondsout.com/news/scott...-tevin-farmer-
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Scott Quigg to Fight Jayson Velez on the undercard of Srisaket/Estrada rematch

Havent seen Quigg recently, I would think 130 is a tough ask of him though, doesnt really have the style to be effective moving up again. Not too high on Farmer but he should be able to keep Quigg on the outside. Still, its a better opponent than Farmer has been facing, good undercard fight. Stoked for the main event here, thats a pick em again.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Scott Quigg to Fight Jayson Velez on the undercard of Srisaket/Estrada rematch

Respect Quigg now, he is really taking the tough challenges and out of his comfort zone. Hope he can be a success and get back to the top.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a good fight and a topped off card. Velez could be tricky for Quigg. Not sure about Quigg at 130 as he blew his last shot to win a title with weight. Great to see the Forum on a fight night, Soto v Vargas should have the crowd going nuts. Wanger v Estrada is a welcome rematch!

Thread Information