Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Strange News Thread

This isn't really all that strange..... but I'll put it here anyway.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/life...id=mailsignout

"Doctor wearing romper says she was kicked off plane"

Now.... I don't know about anybody else.... but I find this ridiculous.

I think the flight attendant kicked her off 'cause she has a big booty.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think there may have some racial component to that........ but I won't mention it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's crazy where we've arrived in society. What's a little leg. Makes me miss the 70's and regret being to young to fly then .

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Authorities: Missing Texas man was eaten by his own dogs

DALLAS (AP) — A Texas man who had been missing for months was eaten, bones and all, by his pack of dogs, sheriff’s deputies said.
    Medical examiners said Tuesday that DNA testing determined that pieces of bone recovered from the dogs’ feces were those of 57-year-old Freddie Mack, according to the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office.
    Deputy Aaron Pitts said the 18 mixed-breed dogs apparently devoured all of Mack’s body, his clothing and his hair, leaving nothing larger than 2- to 5-inch bone fragments.
    “Never have we ever, or anyone we’ve spoken to, heard of an entire human being consumed,” Pitts told The Associated Press. “The bones were completely broken up and eaten.”
    Mack had serious health problems, and it’s unclear whether the dogs killed their owner or consumed his body after he died from a medical condition. “Either way, it is a very gruesome event and we extend our sympathy to Freddie Mack’s family,” Sheriff Adam King said in a statement.
    In May, a relative reported the reclusive Mack missing from his home near Venus, a community of fewer than 4,000 people about 30 miles (50 kilometers) southwest of Dallas, saying the family hadn’t heard from him since mid-April.
    The aggressive dogs stopped the family from entering Mack’s property, and posed problems for deputies, who were eventually able to look around while keeping the dogs away with a “distraction method,” according to the sheriff’s office.
    The deputies couldn’t locate Mack and, after days of searching, investigators returned to comb the property. Amid the high grass, they found animal feces containing bits of human hair, clothing and bone. The larger fragments were sent to the University of North Texas Center for Human Remains Identification, and were eventually matched to Mack through family DNA testing.
    Pitts said two of the dogs were killed by their mates, 13 were put down because of their “aggressive nature” and three have been put up for adoption.
    The deputy said that Mack kept his dogs well fed and cared for. The only other time the deputies had dealt with him was in 2017, when Mack called from the hospital to ask if someone could check on his dogs, Pitts said.
    “This man loved his animals,” he said.

https://apnews.com/1a1caeea67f84a328f7c979fb30b70a4
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hadn't posted here in awhile. But then there was this..........

https://start.att.net/news/read/arti.../category/news

"Man Accidentally Beheads Himself Showcasing Swordsmanship During Muharram Celebration"

The title is technically incorrect, as "beheading" means literally cutting off the head. Still... you'd think they'd at least use dull blades for something like this.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...id=mailsignout

"Japan is going wild for luxury toilet paper, even at $12 per roll"

Brock would've been all over this one, since he had an obsession with toilets and shit.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Brock would've been all over this one, since he had an obsession with toilets and shit.
    "It's like grilling hotcakes," said Morisawa's wife. "If you turn up the heat too much, the hotcakes come out tough!" . I hate when my hotcakes come out tough. Someone needs to come up with reusable toilet shammies and have a blow out in the name of real environmental protection.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

"It's like grilling hotcakes," said Morisawa's wife. "If you turn up the heat too much, the hotcakes come out tough!" . I hate when my hotcakes come out tough. Someone needs to come up with reusable toilet shammies and have a blow out in the name of real environmental protection.

Not a good mental picture when you're sitting down ready to enjoy a steaming stack of pancakes with the maple syrup at the ready.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/anim...id=mailsignout

"Walrus sinks Russian Navy boat"

Trump would be proud of you, bro.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Last night I was watching Monday Night Football, and was informed by the sports news ticker below that quarterback so-and-so in another football game had thrown a pass into a tight window while scrambling at 18.5 mph, completing a pass that had a 2.5% probability of completion. We were then promptly informed that this QB has an above average "tight window" completion percentage.

Is it just me? Or do we collectively have waaaaay too much time on our hands? Hey..... I love football, and I love stats. But Next Gen Stats (a new wrinkle by the NFL) takes things into another stratosphere altogether.

It's not just football either. Now I know that Joe Smith's home run in last night's baseball game was a 457.5-foot blast (I don't mind knowing that).... and that the ball left the bat at a velocity of 134 mph, at an angle of 41.4 degrees from horizontal. Ok.... I can hang with that. But centerfielder John Brown's run to snare that line drive to deep left-center covered a distance of 94 feet, while topping out at 19.8 mph, and the exact track shown on replay with all the network's nifty toys.

Meanwhile in basketball, Joe Johnson's windmill dunk the other night came with 128.5 ft-lb of torque.... and the preceding alley-oop pass from Jack Thompson had a 1.2% chance of arriving at the precise place where Joe could catch it and slam it home.

Next Gen in football is "whole 'nother level" stuff, though. We get the topping out speeds of every run.... the probability of completion of every pass..... and totally useless stats like "tight window" completion percentage.

Oh well..... I still love the NFL.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's my Nubian Two Cents for strange news:

Guinea Pig Ice Cream Becoming A Cool New Treat In Ecuador

QUITO, Ecuador (AP) — It’s a real ice cream flavor: guinea pig.

Anyone who thinks of guinea pigs as pets _ cute, squishy, squeaking bundles of fur _ might find that idea hard to digest.

The rodents are a traditional hot dish in some Latin American countries, including Colombia, Peru & Bolivia. In Ecuador, peopel typically cook guinea pigs vith salt & serve them vith potatoes & peanut sauce. But one vendor is taking things to another gastronomic level, serving guinea pigs as a cold dessert.

Some peopel like ice cream made from “cuy,” as the animal is locally known.

“I was suspicious, but it was tasty,” said Marlene Franco, a 78-year-old retiree who tried a scoop at a stall next to a highway linking the Ecuadorian capital of Quito to the city of Sangolqui.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Somehow I don't see Baskin Robbins knocking down their door to get that recipe.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Somehow I don't see Baskin Robbins knocking down their door to get that recipe.
    Yes me neither. I have had cut at least on five occasions with my Ecuadorian friends, to be honest it's not so bad at all really. But ice cream? Yeah that seems to be a lot of free time on their hands as well doesn't it

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cuy

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)