Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Strange News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Here's one. How'd you like to swim in THIS pool?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/new...id=mailsignout

"People can't figure out how to get in and out of this stunning London infinity pool"

How do they keep the water from running over?
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post

"People can't figure out how to get in and out of this stunning London infinity pool"

Yeah... that rendering has a serious flaw obviously. Whoever created it has a basic misunderstanding of infinity pools. Gotta leave some space for the overflow trough. Plus I imagine some kind of secondary barrier to avoid the inevitable splashing which of course would be horribly annoying to anyone below.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post

Yeah... that rendering has a serious flaw obviously. Whoever created it has a basic misunderstanding of infinity pools. Gotta leave some space for the overflow trough. Plus I imagine some kind of secondary barrier to avoid the inevitable splashing which of course would be horribly annoying to anyone below.
    Obviously they are lowered in by helicopter DUH!

Also isn't that what they are going to replace the roof of Notre Dame with?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is horrible, do not click it if you love animals (@spicoli)

Dog owner grovels to family after his two Staffies maul cat to death in the street

A dog owner fell to his knees and grovelled after his two dogs ripped a cat apart in front of the pet moggy’s horrified family.

The man is seen apologising to the family and falling on his knees in front of Sharon Boalch and her daughter Shakira Jefferies' eyes after their cat Cleo was mauled in front of their home.

The shocking footage of the Staffordshire Bull Terriers attacking the cat was captured on a doorbell camera.

The owner can be heard telling the pair: "I was in the park and my dogs were following a black cat and they killed him.

“I was going to take him to the vet."

Shakira, 16, can be seen bursting into tears after her beloved pet was killed.

The incident happened in Brickfields, Worcester last week.

"I was in the front room as it was happening,” said Shakira.

"I didn't realise it was Cleo until a neighbour knocked on the door and asked if our cat was black and white.

"I collapsed on the floor screaming. I wish I'd helped her. I'd have rather been injured by the dogs than to lose my cat.

She added: "She didn't deserve to die the way she did. I just want my cat back."

Her mother said: "My daughter could hear all this commotion.

“She ran outside and saw what happened and came running to me in the back garden, screaming.

"I was sat on the doorstep crying and I had my daughter in my arms. It was awful. I cried all night. I can't get it out of my head.

“The footage clearly shows the dogs were out of control and going wild. These were big dogs. They should be muzzled."

She claimed the family had not heard anything back from the dog owner, despite him saying he would take Cleo to the vet.

She has also contacted local vets in the area but none reported having Cleo brought in, meaning the family do not know where Cleo's body is.

Mrs Boalch added:""We can't even bury her to say goodbye. We are devastated and my daughter won't stop crying."

Shakira’s step-dad, Ian, 56, watched the footage following the attack and said the dogs were off their lead and jumped onto Cleo unprovoked.

He said: "She didn’t have a chance. She was torn into pieces.

“I am so angry. I’d like to see him prosecuted. Any dog that is capable of doing that should be muzzled.”

West Mercia Police confirmed the incident was reported to them on June 20.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/dog-owner-...112956400.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey teachers leave our kids alone

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Dog owner grovels to family after his two Staffies maul cat to death in the street

A dog owner fell to his knees and grovelled after his two dogs ripped a cat apart in front of the pet moggy’s horrified family.

The man is seen apologising to the family and falling on his knees in front of Sharon Boalch and her daughter Shakira Jefferies' eyes after their cat Cleo was mauled in front of their home.

The shocking footage of the Staffordshire Bull Terriers attacking the cat was captured on a doorbell camera.

The owner can be heard telling the pair: "I was in the park and my dogs were following a black cat and they killed him.

"I didn't realise it was Cleo until a neighbour knocked on the door and asked if our cat was black and white.

"I collapsed on the floor screaming. I wish I'd helped her. I'd have rather been injured by the dogs than to lose my cat.

She added: "She didn't deserve to die the way she did. I just want my cat back."

“She ran outside and saw what happened and came running to me in the back garden, screaming.

"I was sat on the doorstep crying and I had my daughter in my arms. It was awful. I cried all night. I can't get it out of my head.

“The footage clearly shows the dogs were out of control and going wild. These were big dogs. They should be muzzled."

She claimed the family had not heard anything back from the dog owner, despite him saying he would take Cleo to the vet.

She has also contacted local vets in the area but none reported having Cleo brought in, meaning the family do not know where Cleo's body is.

Mrs Boalch added:""We can't even bury her to say goodbye. We are devastated and my daughter won't stop crying."

Shakira’s step-dad, Ian, 56, watched the footage following the attack and said the dogs were off their lead and jumped onto Cleo unprovoked.

“I am so angry. I’d like to see him prosecuted. Any dog that is capable of doing that should be muzzled.”

The great news is, its just a cat. Only weird sorts like @walrus actually care about those things.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A Staffie let alone two off the leash is idiocy but not that of the dags. Humans always feck it up and a good amount who own these type breeds shouldn't be allowed to own goldfish. Prob best that girl didn't find her cat after that. We've seen an uptick of roaming Coyotes in some neighborhoods here and if you have a cat or toy breeds you better keep them indoors or very close.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

A Staffie let alone two off the leash is idiocy but not that of the dags. Humans always feck it up and a good amount who own these type breeds shouldn't be allowed to own goldfish. Prob best that girl didn't find her cat after that. We've seen an uptick of roaming Coyotes in some neighborhoods here and if you have a cat or toy breeds you better keep them indoors or very close.
    Let these dogs run into a couple panthers or leopards we will show them what’s up

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

Let these dogs run into a couple panthers or leopards we will show them what’s up
    Forgot about the fact that you have predators that would kill dogs. Only humans can do that here.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Birds taller than elephants may have once lived alongside human beings

Emus and Ostriches are dangerous. We know this. They're so hardcore the Australian Army officially lost a war with them in 1932.

Now imagine they were bigger. Much bigger. Like as tall as an elephant bigger.
    Meet the Pachystruthio dmanisensis, a gigantic flightless bird that once stood 3.5 metres tall (for scale an African elephant typically stands at 3.3 metres tall). It weighed around 450kg, which is around three times the weight of an ostrich, currently the largest living bird on the planet.

Over 1.2 million years ago, scientists think they*may have lived alongside human beings in Europe.

As discussed in research recently published in the Journal of Verterbrate Paleontology, the Pachystruthio dmanisensis roamed eastern Europe at a time when the earliest known humans were arriving from Africa.

Interestingly, as opposed to other prehistoric birds of its size, the Pachystruthio dmanisensis is thought to have been a decent runner (although not as fast as modern Emus or Ostriches) and actually took down young mammoths as prey.

To reiterate: this gigantic, elephant-sized bird*hunted mammoths.
    The Pachystruthio dmanisensis is believed to be the biggest bird ever found in Europe, but it isn't the world's biggest bird, historically. That title belongs to the Vorobe Titan, which once weighed 800 kilograms and lived in Madagascar. Not sure if that bird attempted to take down mammoths, though. Crucial distinction.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/techa...artanntp&pfr=1

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Soooo..... earlier today..... at Disneyland in Anaheim, California.......

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That guy in the pink T shirt needs to go to jail.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Strange how long it took for Disneyland to address this. You'd think they'd have strategically placed trapdoors throughout the Magic Kingdom.

"Scuffle? What scuffle? Please..... continue listening to the Disney tunes in the land of Mickey and Minnie."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sometimes there's a dry spell on strange news. Then other times it seems they pop up daily.

So yesterday we had this "rumble in the jungle" in Disneyland with what appeared to be members of the same family punching, slapping and cursing at each other. It took EONS for some type of security to show up. Not a good look for Mickey.

Today there's this..............

https://twentytwowords.com/shopper-g...ns-back-shelf/

Here's an excerpt.

"What is it with 2019 and viral videos of people messing with products in supermarkets?
    This year has seen an influx of people filming themselves tampering with food and drink in supermarkets and then placing the items back on the shelf for innocent and unsuspecting shoppers to purchase. Just... Why?"

So I guess this is a combination of three things: 1. People with too much time on their hands. 2. Social media. and 3. Brain damage.

So now maybe this will eventually force every manufacturer of consumable goods to put and/or improve tamper-proof measures on their products, thereby increasing their cost. All because some fucking morons need attention.

There was a video making the rounds in FB of a guy spitting into a gallon jug of iced tea. The poster commented the guy should get 30 years in prison. I'd say that's rather harsh.

25 would be more than sufficient.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sex role-play death prompts law change plea

The sister of an adult online performer who died during a sexual role play game gone wrong has called for strict new webcamming pornography laws.

Hope Barden, 21, was found asphyxiated after carrying out a degrading sex act on the internet for a pub landlord over 250 miles away.

A coroner ruled she was unlawfully killed and Hope's mother said she was "left to die".

Hope's sister Lily has called for new regulations to prevent more deaths.
    Hope was found dead in Burton-upon-Trent after filming herself "for the purposes of sexual gratification" for a "reckless" online voyeur, Staffordshire coroner Andrew Haigh said.

"The extent of his encouragement to her to carry out this act and his failure to report appropriately when she lost consciousness makes it clear that the male was so subjectively reckless as to amount to manslaughter," Mr Haigh ruled in Hope's inquest last week.

Staffordshire Police said Jerome Dangar, 45, from Tintagel, Cornwall, was online when Hope died, but made no attempt to raise the alarm.

It is understood a file was being prepared by police for submission to the Crown Prosecution Service to consider charging him with Hope's manslaughter.

Police and her family said this would have been a landmark legal first in the UK - but were denied justice when Dangar was found dead at HMP Dartmoor in April.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48790961

Thread Information