Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amir Khan QUIT v Terence Crawford!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Khan QUIT v Terence Crawford!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Hey look Khan did quit but that is the only time I have seen him do it and he has gotten his ass kicked before. I mean Duran quit and for being clowned on takes a lot of heart to even get in a ring come on people. Crawford has beaten the shit out of anyone he has fought and they have not been close fights hope the top guys will get in ring with him at some point in time. Khan has a following and is fun to watch like car crash that is why Crawford the guy brings in money.
    Agreed. Only a fool or a guy who doesn't know his limits would go up to MW to fight a guy considered a cheat like Canelo. Bravery or foolish? As far as this fight, reminds me a bit of Morales last fight with Pac. I think they both had an epiphany after a few rounds.

It just wasn't worth it.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I agree Crawford is good too. He is clearly one of the top in his division, but the idea that he is the best fighter out there P4P, which some are suggesting is just ludicrous to me until he fights the best names in his division. This is why I want to see him fight the top 4 and stop messing around with Horn and Khan level fighters. That is a year of his career and I am not sure it is the best use of his time. Khan certainly didn't deserve a big fight. You can give a pass with Horn, but not with Khan.
    “Until he fights the best names in his division”,,, only Usyk and Crawford have done that. Your argument against Crawford eats itself. Prey tell who you have at top??

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I agree Crawford is good too. He is clearly one of the top in his division, but the idea that he is the best fighter out there P4P, which some are suggesting is just ludicrous to me until he fights the best names in his division. This is why I want to see him fight the top 4 and stop messing around with Horn and Khan level fighters. That is a year of his career and I am not sure it is the best use of his time. Khan certainly didn't deserve a big fight. You can give a pass with Horn, but not with Khan.
    “Until he fights the best names in his division”,,, only Usyk and Crawford have done that. Your argument against Crawford eats itself. Prey tell who you have at top??
    There are several very well known, excellent fighters at WW. Crawford has faced none of them really. BTW it is 'pray' rather than 'prey' though I do actually like the use of word 'prey' as it is unorthodox and I like unusual collocations.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    There are several very well known, excellent fighters at WW. Crawford has faced none of them really. BTW it is 'pray' rather than 'prey' though I do actually like the use of word 'prey' as it is unorthodox and I like unusual collocations.
    But he beat everyone at Jr WW, his P4P ranking is based on his entire career, not simply his last couple fights.

I just think prey tell is funny in the context of Internet debate. But I think a lot of things are funny and most don’t agree with me haha. You didn’t answer the question though. Cool if you don’t want to, P4P is rather biased so silly. Just I thought it was interesting that Crawford has the best argument by your criteria yet you eliminate him because of your criteria

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would much rather see him fight Spence, Manny, Garcia, Thurman etc. They are clearly better than Horn and Khan. I know Manny struggled with Horn, but styles make fights. Horn was awkward and Manny took several rounds to work out what the stinging bee strategy was all about.

I am not against Crawford, just want to see him in better fights really. Same for all of them. Would like Manny to go out on his shield too and not be ducking. Either carry on or be a politician.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would much rather see him fight Spence, Manny, Garcia, Thurman etc. They are clearly better than Horn and Khan. I know Manny struggled with Horn, but styles make fights. Horn was awkward and Manny took several rounds to work out what the stinging bee strategy was all about.

I am not against Crawford, just want to see him in better fights really. Same for all of them. Would like Manny to go out on his shield too and not be ducking. Either carry on or be a politician.
    Fair enough. I too want to see them all make the fights we want but they’ve learned it’s not necessary. The dollars are exploding with these new platforms in bidding wars.

Thread Information