428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo v Jacobs - May 4th - Las Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Truth be told if the shoe was on the other foot I'd be tearing Canelo down..again..for blowing the contracted agreed to weights by throwing diva money away in order to gain a supposed 'advantage'.
    Come on, both fighters made the weight. That's enough. Extra clauses should not be allowed. Either you can fight at the weight or you cannot.
    And Chavez Jr is totally understood when he comes in a bloated cruiserweight . The man made an agreement for the clause, he's not the first. If a guy needs to blow up double digits, just go up in weight and do it officially all I'm saying. But their isn't no Canelo moola up there for him is there.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Good, he looked like crap yesterday

Hopefully he looks alive with that extra few pounds rightfully on his frame according to the RULES, not the contract.
    Rehydration clauses make no sense whatsoever. The only rule should be about making the predetermined weight. They need to just switch back to same day weigh ins to avoid these types of things. It would dissuade fighters from dropping too much weight, and if they did drop a ton of weight, it would affect them even more.
    I put a whole speech about this same thing and the safety issues involved. But everyone already hates me so I deleted it haha.

The safe thing is to make people fight in their class. Some will try to cut same day and get destroyed because they are weak and then we would have people fighting in their actual weight class and less people dying. But more cancelled fights, lost money or lost lives, I know which path I expect the sport to take as it always has.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Truth be told if the shoe was on the other foot I'd be tearing Canelo down..again..for blowing the contracted agreed to weights by throwing diva money away in order to gain a supposed 'advantage'.
    Come on, both fighters made the weight. That's enough. Extra clauses should not be allowed. Either you can fight at the weight or you cannot.
    And Chavez Jr is totally understood when he comes in a bloated cruiserweight . The man made an agreement for the clause, he's not the first. If a guy needs to blow up double digits, just go up in weight and do it officially all I'm saying. But their isn't no Canelo moola up there for him is there.
    I think you have to accept it if the weight in is a day early. Ideally same day weigh in for me, but otherwise if you make the weight at the weigh in then that is all she wrote for me. Both of these fighters end up heavy, so I don't get a re-hydration clause for this one at all. CW's and re-hydration clauses are a bit gay to me. Just weigh in on the day and let the least drained man do his thing.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t disagree with that, but Canelo already has the judges in his pocket, so I can’t necessarily fault Jacobs for trying to even the playing field a little. If Canelo did this, he would just be adding onto his advantages.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten Apple View Post
    So would a lot of people. The hate for Canelo is just sad. It's hate just to hate
    You can’t just show up here and calling people out. There is a minimum post count in order to do that 😁

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sadam Ali v some fellow, I'm not sure I was doing yoga and only just switched this on, I Thi k his name is young, he seems to be doing ok so far at the end of round two.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh wow 13-1 underdog Anthony Young stops sadam Ali.. Great for him, he hurt Ali with a body punch then wfhacks away at his head, Ali didn't seem too bad that might be a bit of an early stoppage but wotever....

Nick name is juice....

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think you have to accept it if the weight in is a day early. Ideally same day weigh in for me, but otherwise if you make the weight at the weigh in then that is all she wrote for me. Both of these fighters end up heavy, so I don't get a re-hydration clause for this one at all. CW's and re-hydration clauses are a bit gay to me. Just weigh in on the day and let the least drained man do his thing.
    The irony is nuts considering Canelo has been playing the weight 'advantages' and massaging CW all the way to 160. His size was near comparable there but he pulled that bs weight game the majority of the time. What they did to Angulo was worthy of ski masks. Now he's in with officially unofficially the biggest guy he's faced and stands aloft on that whole A side thing. But Danny is also talking out of both sides and was raked over the coals when he refused the then required second day weigh in v Golovkin and came in what 178-180'ish? To me, guys blowing up 20+ lbs has always been a pet peeve and undisciplined and a literal misrepresentation. We've seen guys get seriously injured and near killed doing it. But..then again the same day would be very tough. It's a bit of a shat catch 22. Imagine both drained down on fight night after years and years of coming in with a few extra, or 20 extra , pounds. Again very prone to injury with two dehydrated fighters. Not to mention the exterior concerns of networks, ticket sellers and fights being cancelled on hours notice because some guy blows weight, intentionally or otherwise. Todays divas are too intrenched for same day weight . I think rehydration clauses for guys known to puff up can be a middle of the road compromise in some circumstances.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 05-05-2019 at 09:29 PM.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyoto Machida v chael sonnen.... Bloody ell whsaat year is this...

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now Lamont roachy Roach Jr is fight a fellow named oquendo, it's not fast fres but he's probabky owed a rematch here somehow....

DMX for Roach and oquendo comes out with a peculiar Spanish cover of snows informer....

3rd round now and mostly uneventful so far, Roach is doing pretty well but oquendo isn't a total plum and is hitting back.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oquendo hurt him bad with that shot to the gut. Be a great win for him if he can pull it off. I'm just happy Dazn has added some color to the ring and is highlighting the live crowd

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

oquendo fighting russel mora as well

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good work from oquendo in the fourth round, he's quite the spoiler, clamps onto roaches arm a lot sticks his head right in there. And he got him with a nice body punch and hurt Roach and then did a bit more damage. Roach isn't look so good anymore

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oquendo hurt him bad with that shot to the gut. Be a great win for him if he can pull it off. I'm just happy Dazn has added some color to the ring and is highlighting the live crowd
    Well some of that is the promoters too, golden boy seem to like these colours and tecate :S... Match room ones have been more bland

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice work from. Oquendo at the end of the sixth, it's nothing amazing but he's making the youngish prospect very uncomfortable, Roach isn't look like a future champ here.

Thread Information