Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo v Jacobs - May 4th - Las Vegas

I’m gonna set myself up for some shit here, but I probably had Jacobs sneaking the fight, same as I had him sneaking the GGG Fight. I’m not crying fix or anything like that, I can totally see how the fight could be given either way and wouldn’t argue it.
    And this isn’t particularly a Pop at Canelo, but we all know in Boxing that some fighters have a distinct advantage with the judges and the way the media perceive them.
    If you watched that fight on your own with no sound, and didn’t know either guy , you would see the fight very differently.
    Dave Coldwell on Sky giving Canelo all the first Six rounds is an example of this. It plants ideas in people’s minds..
    Like I said, I’m not screaming fix and good luck to Canelo, there are some qualities he has that cannot be denied regardless of any opinion of him.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I’m gonna set myself up for some shit here, but I probably had Jacobs sneaking the fight, same as I had him sneaking the GGG Fight. I’m not crying fix or anything like that, I can totally see how the fight could be given either way and wouldn’t argue it.
    And this isn’t particularly a Pop at Canelo, but we all know in Boxing that some fighters have a distinct advantage with the judges and the way the media perceive them.
    If you watched that fight on your own with no sound, and didn’t know either guy , you would see the fight very differently.
    Dave Coldwell on Sky giving Canelo all the first Six rounds is an example of this. It plants ideas in people’s minds..
    Like I said, I’m not screaming fix and good luck to Canelo, there are some qualities he has that cannot be denied regardless of any opinion of him.
    I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility to give Jacobs the fight. I just think that it was probably Canelo’s fight at the end. I ado agree though that sometimes when commentators or ringside scoring is very adamant about their scoring, it can potentially make you try to score it more towards the bias than you should.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i have a theory that when a guy going forward fights a guy going backward, everybody will think the guy going forward might knock out the guy going backward, so they score that. what they are scoring is the suspense. when they watch the fight a few more times, the punches are never as dangerous as they seemed, so that dynamic changes. what i mean to say is, when you watch a fight with a cool head, you score it a lot different.

there is one more part to that theory. when you watch a fight with a cool head, you might tend to score it to the boxer. that is who the boxer is after all. he is the guy with the cool head. in other words, he is you.
    Last edited by Yuzo; 05-06-2019 at 11:41 PM.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Nah, I agree. Some of those early rounds were nip and tuck. The first could be Jacobs and then another a few rounds later I thought was close. Half way up Canelo was in a groove, but he slowed and Jacobs started taking the rounds. It was a close fight. Canelo was flashier, but Jacobs did his share of work. In the end though Canelo did seem to land more as Jacobs was waiting too long in each of the rounds. Needed to be more active and wasn't. Perhaps a bit drained at MW nowadays, but he signed up for the fight, so no excuses.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bit random there, but basically saying it was close. Thought Canelo was working more of the rounds in the first half. then Jacobs started pulling it back. I also don't trust Compubox. Some of their rounds seem strange to me. Jacobs was definitely landing with the combo's. At one point I think it was 6 landed blows in a row.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo vs. Jacobs: Oscar De La Hoya outlines Canelo Alvarez's next options

Oscar De La Hoya says Saul "Canelo" Alvarez has yet to discuss his next moves, but suggested potential options include fights with Sergey Kovalev, Callum Smith or a third installment against Gennady Golovkin.

Canelo added the IBF middleweight title to his WBA and WBC belts with a unanimous points win over Daniel Jacobs in Las Vegas on Saturday.

In the immediate aftermath, the Mexican hinted he would be open to another meeting with GGG, having defeated the Kazakh last September following a contentious draw between the pair the previous year.

And promoter De La Hoya believes Canelo's next opponent could take the form of WBA super-middleweight champion Smith or WBO light-heavyweight king Kovalev, with London's Wembley or the Dallas Cowboys' AT&T Stadium possible venues.

"I mean who fights Golovkin back to back and then Jacobs?" De La Hoya said. "We haven't spoken about his next fights. He has lots of options. For now, we'll enjoy the victory and within time we'll see what's next.

"There's lots of options for him. Callum Smith, Kovalev at 175 [lbs]. He has lots of options. One thing about Canelo is he never shies away from a challenge. Canelo's wish is to unify all the belts. Canelo has expressed interest in fighting in Wembley Stadium in England [or] Dallas. A trilogy with GGG is also possible."

On the win over Jacobs, De La Hoya added: "What a beautiful weekend for Cinco de Mayo. Our champion won in what was a close and difficult fight.

"Now let's celebrate this Cinco de Mayo. It was a wonderful fight. Jacobs is an amazing champion. I had Canelo winning by two or three points. Jacobs is a warrior. We are pleased."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/can...133252532.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jacobs after Canelo loss: I might have outgrown middleweight division

Daniel Jacobs suggested he has outgrown the middleweight division following his defeat to Saul "Canelo" Alvarez in Las Vegas on Saturday.

Canelo prevailed courtesy of a unanimous points decision at T-Mobile Arena, collecting Jacobs' IBF strap to add to the WBA and WBC belts already in his possession.

And Jacobs, now 35-3 in his professional career, thinks the time may have come for him to step up and compete in the super-middleweight class.

"I knew it was a sacrifice that I had to take because the 10-day weigh-in for me was just a lot," he told a post-bout media conference.

"Just me rehydrating with water, I shot up to 170 [lbs]. That was just water alone, so I knew that my body definitely needed to rehydrate, and I definitely needed to put a little bit more in my system.

"That was the sacrifice that I took. Me and my team came up with the plan that that would be the best decision for me to go in there and give my all, and be more depleted than what we already was.

"I'm a naturally big guy, and I might have just overgrown the middleweight division.

"Hopefully I gained a couple of fans as well ... I still think that I have a career that should be thriving after this.

"The super-middleweight division is still jam-packed. We'll see what happens."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/jac...132613392.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

And promoter De La Hoya believes Canelo's next opponent could take the form of WBA super-middleweight champion Smith or WBO light-heavyweight king Kovalev, with London's Wembley or the Dallas Cowboys' AT&T Stadium possible venues.

I'm not a betting man. But I'd be happy to bet good money that this doesn't happen. "NEXT" opponent? Callum?? Kovalev??!? At Wembley?!?!?!?

Oscar's known for talking a lot of shit. But those fishnets must be cutting the oxygen supply to his brain by now.

This shit will NEVER happen.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn’t be surprised if Canelo took a tough opponent next, I think he gained a lot of confidence in the 2nd GGG fight.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only reason those fights get mentioned is that Canelo wants no part of a focused Rocky fielding. Nobody even talks about the fact that Fieldings second cousin had tennis elbow for that fight and he had to open wall street just weeks beforehand.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if Canelo took a tough opponent next, I think he gained a lot of confidence in the 2nd GGG fight.
    I think the main reason Canelo is taking and will continue to take tough matchups is that DAZN want some value for money. But the main thing is that he is taking these fights, hopefully everyone else will follow suit, especially the HW’s and Spence/Crawford.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Canelo has slowed quit a bit. I don’t expect him to fight GGG again. I think he deserves credit for his CV but I don’t expect him to take any more big risks.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    The weird thing is that I predicted that Jacobs would win the fight because I assumed he would fight the whole fight like he fight fought the second half. He should have started throwing combinations earlier
    Yup, IMO, a corner has got to assume with a Canelo figure, you got to start the show big, keep it big, close the show big.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post
    I think Canelo has slowed quit a bit. I don’t expect him to fight GGG again. I think he deserves credit for his CV but I don’t expect him to take any more big risks.
    Another fight with GGG is good for Canelo but not for GGG. Age does not favor GGG. The longer they wait for a 3rd fight the better for Canelo and he knows it the same way he knew when he waited for years until finally accepting a fight with him and getting gift decisions.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

great fight possibly foy had ggg by a point .the cut really woke sergey up prior to that it looked like an easy nights work for ggg

Thread Information