Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Instagram and facebook and shit like that has really just fucking annoyed me

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Instagram and facebook and shit like that has really just fucking annoyed me

Only one I've fooled with is FB and as I've said with it I enjoy it more as a random wall of graffiti than an actual daily indicator of life's journey. Some things sure but ffs leave something to the imagination and live actual life. It really is odd the different 'types' you see using it as a platform. Lately it can get tedious and boorish as inevitably most things turn politics and then the torch wars start. More odd when its friends you've known since back in the day and have seen each others best and worst days. Simple shats posting every. fookin. hour on politics . On the plus side I haven't taken a picture of my food for over a year now.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Instagram and facebook and shit like that has really just fucking annoyed me

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    South Korea 64% forests.
    England 15% forests.

Massive difference. Of course Asian people consider it barren. Personally I love the UK countryside, but it lacks trees.

Very different.

Well obviously there is Robin Hood's lair miles, good old Sherwood Forest right?

Never been to England but I've been to Normandy which I assume would look similar to parts of Southeastern England complete with hedgerows and all. Also in reading and in film when I think stereotypical England I'm thinking moors, hedgerows, and the occasional forest where 0 danger lurks...there's no spiders, no scorpions, no snakes, no wolves, no lions, and no bears. The worst thing you'd have to fear is a wild boar....which is oddly enough a homonym of exactly what I feared when I was forced to read those damned Jane Austen and Bronte sister novels in my high school English classes...and indeed a wild bore they were

Watching various films shot on location in England show very similar biomes. I'm certain there's wildlife a plenty in England and of course different habitats for different animal species. The lack of animals dangerous to humans present in England is really striking to me....not that if you're in the woods in America you're in imminent danger all the time, but you DO have to be alert depending on the time of year and where you are.
    We have Black adder snakes, they are dangerous.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course Britain is not like the Amazon, that would be weird. There has been people here for so long it is hardly surprising that deforestation has occurred. We have now fallen in to the trap of believing that conservation is the preserving of some static human free habitat when of course that is just a modern way of not being able to hold two thoughts in our head at once. There is a pretty strong branch of anthropology in which the agricultural revolution is not seen as the overwhelming positive sign of progress we have been taught and it makes some very strong arguments. The history of our landscape though is a clear demonstration of the same feudal divisions that still visibly mark the land and in which such a small number of people own so much land. Trees, woods and forests are still plentiful, with many cities and towns having several woods in each town as well as parks and hundreds of trees lining the streets.

I love living so close to the moors and inbetween two of the most beautiful coastlines in the country so maybe I am spoiled, but there is still plenty of green and untouched preserved wild open space in Britain.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have you read “Sapiens”, Beanz? It touches on the agricultural revolution a fair bit and makes that case. I live in BC Canada so if you think youre spoiled for wildnerness I can raise you

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Have you read “Sapiens”, Beanz? It touches on the agricultural revolution a fair bit and makes that case. I live in BC Canada so if you think youre spoiled for wildnerness I can raise you
    No I haven't, it looks interesting though. Mainly because it is by a Gay Israeli historian which are my favourite type, especially if he advocates the destruction of Goyim

Canada sounds amazing. Iaminuits photographs and tales of the wilderness there always made it sound amazing. The whole of North America is somewhere I would love to explore at some point. That kind of scale is not really found here. Even France makes Britain seem small.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I don't do social media but today my mate told me to sign up to instagram so I could see his biirds niece or some shit like that

as soon as I signed up it dragged all the contacts out of my phone, I had a look at what they were posting, I've seen mates that couldn't drink holy water posting pictures of 9% lager, I've seen pictures of ugly birds filtered to fuck looking rather fuckable, I've seen pictures of mates who can't cook for shit posting pictures of gourmet dishes, its fucking bollocks, is this what the fucking world has come to?

You cunts on here are pretty much the only contact I have with the "real world" when I get out of work, I live in a proper shitty fucking area (someone was shot in the face 2 roads away from me last week) but looking at my mates profiles on Instagram they are living the fucking high life, these are people that I wouldn't have expected it from.

Fucking frightening, it just further compounds my misanthropism, I sit alone night after night and do you know what, I'm fucking happy, I don't take photos of myself sitting alone to prove I'm happy, I just am, I don't feel the need to prove it to anyone, I don't understand why these people try to make out that their life is better than it is, I live in a shit hole, I fucking hate the shit hole that I live in, but it is my shit hole and I embrace it, I don't feel the fucking need to take a photo of a fucking burger that I ordered in my fucking local, if it is a nice burger then I'll say 'that was a fucking nice burger' I won't take a photo of myself eating it just so I can justify how fucking nice it was.

After seeing peoples posts on instagram it just makes me glad that I don't fucking pander to shit like that.

needless to say I won't be using that fucking poisonous app again

rant over

You need to get out more son

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    No I haven't, it looks interesting though. Mainly because it is by a Gay Israeli historian which are my favourite type, especially if he advocates the destruction of Goyim

Canada sounds amazing. Iaminuits photographs and tales of the wilderness there always made it sound amazing. The whole of North America is somewhere I would love to explore at some point. That kind of scale is not really found here. Even France makes Britain seem small.
    Haha. I literally had no idea he was gay or Israeli, which is probably to his credit, it doesnt have an agenda and is very easy to read. I have visited where Iaminuit was from, thats actually way too remote for me. youd have to really have some kind of excursion planned beforehand, living there would be like being on another planet for the vast majority.

El Kabong Guest

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Saw this on FB, twitter and some other SM feed yesterday. Interesting how meme's have 'evolved' and become so accepted as a device.
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Well emojis have basically brought back the hieroglyph so I guess what comes around goes around.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course Britain is not like the Amazon, that would be weird. There has been people here for so long it is hardly surprising that deforestation has occurred. We have now fallen in to the trap of believing that conservation is the preserving of some static human free habitat when of course that is just a modern way of not being able to hold two thoughts in our head at once. There is a pretty strong branch of anthropology in which the agricultural revolution is not seen as the overwhelming positive sign of progress we have been taught and it makes some very strong arguments. The history of our landscape though is a clear demonstration of the same feudal divisions that still visibly mark the land and in which such a small number of people own so much land. Trees, woods and forests are still plentiful, with many cities and towns having several woods in each town as well as parks and hundreds of trees lining the streets.

I love living so close to the moors and inbetween two of the most beautiful coastlines in the country so maybe I am spoiled, but there is still plenty of green and untouched preserved wild open space in Britain.
    You haven't got many trees, Luv. Just admit it. 😋

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look at the data. The UK has less forestry than most countries in the world. Lots of grass, but an insatiable appetite for population expansionism which costs a lot of money. I knew the tree density was low but this low is a shocker. Still the lefties import 300,000 a year and go on about the environment. Absolute nutters.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...by_forest_area

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look at the data. The UK has less forestry than most countries in the world. Lots of grass, but an insatiable appetite for population expansionism which costs a lot of money. I knew the tree density was low but this low is a shocker. Still the lefties import 300,000 a year and go on about the environment. Absolute nutters.

A concern for the environment is hardly a left right issue. If it is then you have finally admitted to being the Tory boy you always claimed not to be. Now you are blaming an imaginary lack of treed on immigration. I can see plenty of trees from my window and that is on the council estate side of the road. You just invent stuff to moan about
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A concern for the environment is hardly a left right issue. If it is then you have finally admitted to being the Tory boy you always claimed not to be. Now you are blaming an imaginary lack of treed on immigration. I can see plenty of trees from my window and that is on the council estate side of the road. You just invent stuff to moan about
    I am inventing nothing. Look at the data. I always encourage people to look at the data. Lack of trees is because of the endless thirst for land and food and economic growth. A concern for the environment is a human issue and there are too many people. You might see a few trees, but 10% tree coverage is inexcusable.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

More trees and less migrants would be a fair correction. Not a Tory position. Tories keep borders open.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...-tree-planting

Thread Information