Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Instagram and facebook and shit like that has really just fucking annoyed me

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Instagram and facebook and shit like that has really just fucking annoyed me

It's true that England has less trees than perhaps it should. It is a small, densely populated and largely urban and industrialised country.

Wales and Scotland are very different, and there is quite a bit of genuine wilderness there
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Instagram and facebook and shit like that has really just fucking annoyed me

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    It's true that England has less trees than perhaps it should. It is a small, densely populated and largely urban and industrialised country.

Wales and Scotland are very different, and there is quite a bit of genuine wilderness there
    No it isn't. It is just an oft repeated myth. England is not a lot more urban than Wales and Scotland at all. Urban landscape in England? have a guess...about 10%. 93% of the UK is not urban. Proportion of English landscape that is built on?... about 3%.

There is hell of a lot more of enclosed farmland than anything else in England and there is plenty of room despite the rubbish people repeat to pretend it is full to bursting point. Crazy stuff

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I meant 'urbane', obviously
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The power these companies hold is amazing. Google has 75% of internet searches. Facebook has well over a billion users. I hear people say I don’t use Facebook anymore I banned them I use instsgram. Well Facebook owns Instagram and WhatsApp

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ns_by_Facebook

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    The power these companies hold is amazing. Google has 75% of internet searches. Facebook has well over a billion users. I hear people say I don’t use Facebook anymore I banned them I use instsgram. Well Facebook owns Instagram and WhatsApp

And there are forces at work (in the company and on the platform) that utilize those platforms to silence dissent and browbeat any and all people into conformity.

In '1984' Winston Smith is a records editor at the Ministry of Truth where he rewrites and sanitizes history for the benefit of INGSOC and Oceania....this corporate fascism paired with outrage culture and the nanny state is part of how we wind up there. Another part is when beliefs become larger than people and the humanity you see in someone fades away thereby giving life to endless possibilities of the horrors that could occur without anyone stepping up and challenging those who demand you be offended or demand someone be deplatformed.

I've divorced myself from these social media giants. There's little if any good about them. Twitter is a hellscape worthy of it's own horror movie. There are bubbles in twitter and they lie in wait for anyone to disturb them. They contain wasp nests of victimhood and they'll nail you if you disturb them and at the end of the day they don't want an apology, they don't want to kiss and make up, they don't want a handshake and 'no hard feelings' they want to ruin you, ruin your life, ruin your job, ruin your company, shun you from society......it's wicked and sadistic.

I wonder when or if we will find out the SPLC are giving these techies some leads on "hateful content" ?

El Kabong Guest

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Re: Instagram and facebook and shit like that has really just fucking annoyed me

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

And there are forces at work (in the company and on the platform) that utilize those platforms to silence dissent and browbeat any and all people into conformity.

In '1984' Winston Smith is a records editor at the Ministry of Truth where he rewrites and sanitizes history for the benefit of INGSOC and Oceania....this corporate fascism paired with outrage culture and the nanny state is part of how we wind up there. Another part is when beliefs become larger than people and the humanity you see in someone fades away thereby giving life to endless possibilities of the horrors that could occur without anyone stepping up and challenging those who demand you be offended or demand someone be deplatformed.

I've divorced myself from these social media giants. There's little if any good about them. Twitter is a hellscape worthy of it's own horror movie. There are bubbles in twitter and they lie in wait for anyone to disturb them. They contain wasp nests of victimhood and they'll nail you if you disturb them and at the end of the day they don't want an apology, they don't want to kiss and make up, they don't want a handshake and 'no hard feelings' they want to ruin you, ruin your life, ruin your job, ruin your company, shun you from society......it's wicked and sadistic.

I wonder when or if we will find out the SPLC are giving these techies some leads on "hateful content" ?
    These companies have access to and can decide what information we view with algorithms and bans. It is quite amazing google may be one of the most powerful companies ever established on the planet

El Kabong Guest

These companies have access to and can decide what information we view with algorithms and bans. It is quite amazing google may be one of the most powerful companies ever established on the planet
    Amazon, Google, Facebook, Twitter.....they're all DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) offshoots. Facebook of course was the Lifelog Project, Amazon had a $600 million (that we know of) deal with the CIA in 2014, I'm sure Twitter is also part of the Lifelog Project (as were probably MySpace and Friendster, hell I bet even some dating sites got their start with the CIA...I also bet 23 & Me and other DNA testing sites have nefarious beginnings as well), Google's founder Sergey Brinn got grants from the CIA and NSA to get his company going....it's not a mere coincidence or chance happening.

And the unpersoning that banks have chimed in with as well...it's creating a two tiered society there's the folks who either approve or are just go along to get along and then there's the "untouchables" the bottom of the caste.

I have been worried for quite some time how (after all is said and done) will we reconcile? How do we get back to having friendly neighbors we may disagree with but we enjoy the company of? How will we get back to the brotherhood of citizenship? Will it all remain "I approve comrade" or "That is unacceptable comrade"?

Big Tech needs to be busted up and as a society we need to limit it's impact on us socially immediately. I fear dire consequences, a lot fucking worse than being "deplatformed" and it will hurt a LOT of people.

Thread Information