Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
2/2

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz
Like yourself it views even quite moderate fair capitalist ideas as communism and a threat. What Yanis proposes would represent real change and people are terrified of that. Ironically that is what those voting Brexit really have in common with many Blairite (or LIB DEM traitorous) remainers. THey want either a regression to the past or 'The same as it ever was'.
It being the "right wing corporate elite"? Yanis is a literal Marxist and while certain folks view Marx as this intellectual giant I guess mere mortals attempting to achieve his worldview have either misunderstood how it works or misrepresented it or something but every time it's tried it fails. Perhaps there's a sweet spot somehow some way that people can achieve, but I don't want to risk 100 million lives on it when I think our economic system needs a tweak here and there in order to get us working correctly. As for "regression or same as it ever was" change happens it's a part of life, but the rate at which change happens matters for cohesive nation states, for assimilation, for polite society...the migration push (and nobody can deny it's a PUSH) isn't for nothing, there's a reason for it and in my own opinion it's to destabilize nation states so that larger overarching (unaccountable to the people) governments gain more power like the EU and UN, but that's my view and yours could be completely different, you could see those things as the wave of the future and the next logical step, I don't know but it's part of why I ask questions and appreciate your honest answers.

You cannot get any more establishment than Farrge the toffs and multinational corporations that installed him. He is no alternative just as UKIP the party he formed is not. Benjamin represents a desire to regress as does Tommy because change is just too challenging to them personally.
That's fine if that is what Farrage truly is. Who installed Corbyn and May? And if they are no different then where does one go as a voter? Carl Benjamin is running because his freedom of speech and part of how he earns his money have been under attack for years. Carl Benjamin was happy to play and review videogames but Gamergate happened, Feminists have made it their mission in life to destroy him, and various platforms ban or censor him....they could have just let him alone couldn't they? Even if he attempts to troll those people, they aren't required by law to notice him or react to him and ditto with Tommy. Carl and Tommy have followings for a reason, they didn't come out of nowhere.

Its a lot to digest, and you may find it too unpalatetable, but I have nothing to gain by telling lies.

For me the forum, like life, is kind of wasted if all we all think we can't learn anything from others.

I have found it most instructive, if baffling at times, to be surrounded by people quite unlike most of my mates and family etc.

I brought up Gandalf because he has been one of the most vocal on these things and in this thread but he is speaking from a place between us both.

Most people don't even want to speak about it so don't take me or his word for it and certainly look further away from the narrow prism of Tommy, Carl and that whole 'scene'.

It really is not very representative.
Indeed, and I appreciate your taking the time to respond honestly. I agree we should be trying to hear voices from opposing views, we should challenge our own views and be up for defending our own views as well. I too have been completely blindsided by some of the different opinions on here and there have been more than a few times I've responded incorrectly to them, I'm attempting to do better but I'll never agree 100% with anyone I don't even 100% agree with myself after a while.

I ask when you bring up other posters in a response to me because I feel (and maybe this is just me) but I perceive that causing more work for you as Gandalf or Al or myself or whomever will of course see they're mentioned, they'll then decide to respond and with 1 post you've now got 3-4 people you're having a discussion with instead of just the one and that would lead me to believe that oftentimes you might feel ganged up on because of that type of thing...but that's just an observation from me so take it for what it is worth.

Well I do frequently ask questions to myself of what Tommy, Carl, etc produce, but it's never so much more than I ask of the mainstream media as those are gigantic corporations (of which we're all rightly dubious of correct?) So it kind of piques my interest when The BBC (whom you've said are far right) bring on Carl Benjamin and attempt to demolish him in an interrogation style interview because that to me doesn't add up unless of course one is to view the BBC as the establishment and Carl Benjamin then as anti-establishment in which case should we not err on the side of the little guy or is the little guy owned and operated by the mega corporations who (and this is a bit conspiracy theory-like) are at odds with other mega corporations that run media? So that's a bit tricky for me to unravel. I do of course check out other sources but Carl is (even if you disagree with his politics) quite good at what he does. He produces good arguments and debates rather well, he's been debating all over England and sure the protesters he faces aren't the best spoken lot and maybe they get a bit of stage fright, but Carl is seemingly willing to talk to anyone and everyone, shouldn't that be the case for all politicians? I'd certainly welcome it in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
@El Kabong here are you questions answered in full. I posted it already. You really are quite unreasonable. I get you don't like or agree with the answers but that is not the point.

Tommy, Carl, PJW and the MSM are two sides of the same coin. They feed each other and revel in outrage and identity politics. You and many here reposting their crap are part of the same game.
I appreciate that. If you feel I'm unreasonable then that is fine you're certainly free to feel as you like. I won't bother you with my posting if you'd rather I move along to something else.

Tommy, Carl, and PJW don't have giant corporations behind them funding everything they do and demonizing and silencing everyone that dares disagree with them so they are quite different than the mainstream media. Very few corporations control our media in the United States and you've got STATE controlled media in the BBC in Britain so why not give a listen outside of that bubble? That is what I do and it better helps me digest news from the mainstream media because they DO lie by omission, they DO skew stories, they DO play favorites, and they hide things quite cleverly all of which leaves me questioning why? But hey that is me and my view and if you find me too troublesome to deal with then that is fine I'll leave you be.
Thanks for both these reply posts they are awesome and of course I don't want you too stop engaging with me nor do i find you too troublesome to deal with. I have only just read these after posting my reply to your reply before these