Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Deontay Wilder vs Dominic Breazeale 18th May 2019 Sky Sports

Deontay Wilder will make the ninth defence of his WBC heavyweight title when he faces Dominic Breazeale at the Barclays Centre in New York.

The 33-year-old will be hoping to return to winning ways after his controversial split decision draw against Tyson Fury last year.

Breazeale has worked his way into a mandatory position with a three-fight winning streak since the only loss of his dominant career thus far – against unified multi-title holder Anthony Joshua back in June 2016.

Despite fans and the boxing world calling for an undisputed match-up between Wilder and Joshua, the two fighters were unable to come to terms.

Wilder vs Breazeale takes place at the Barclays Centre in New York City, New York on 18 May.

For UK fight fans, it’ll be a late one. The ring walks will likely be around the 3am mark (at the earliest).

In the United States, it’ll be shown on Showtime and in the United Kingdom, it’s live on Sky Sports. If you’re a subscriber then you get this one as part of your package deal – no extra paying! But you’ll have to stay up late.

The WBC heavyweight title – arguably boxing’s biggest and best – is at stake.

Wilder’s record is 41 fights, 40 wins, 39 by way of knockout and one draw. Breazeale’s is 21 fights, 20 wins, 18 by KO and one defeat to AJ.

If both men win their fights, the obvious next one to make is Joshua vs Wilder. But as we’ve seen for the past year and a half, it won’t be made easily. Promotional wars, money and venues all come into play and it’s a difficult one to get over the line. The hunch is that it won’t be made because both Wilder and Tyson Fury have already spoken at length about having their rematch after.

In summary, it looks like an undisputed fight will have to wait until at least 2020.

What is the full fight schedule?

Gary Russell Jr vs Kiko Martinez

Juan Heraldez vs Argenis Mendez

Deon Nicholson vs Brian Howard

Robert Alfonso vs Iago Kiladze

Richardson Hitchins vs tbc

Dylan Price vs tbc

Kenny Robles vs tbc

Wilder to win by knockout. He needs to make a statement after his performance against Fury and with Breazeale such a defensive fighter, opportunities will be there for the Bronze Bomber to unload – and after a few clean hits the challenger will go down. I think it’ll take Wilder around 10 rounds to end this one.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/deo...170522965.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Dominic Breazeale 18th May 2019 Sky Sports

Joke of a fight and I'm still baffled why Whyte isn't in there against Wilder.
    AJ smashed him years ago ffs.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    AJ smashed Whyte years ago as well. Just saying.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    AJ smashed Whyte years ago as well. Just saying.
    haha I was going to post the same thing. In fairness Whyte did have his moment against AJ and has gone on a decent run on paper since. I remember Whyte vs Brezeale was talked about a while ago, that probably would have been a good competitive fight. Whyte isnt as good/improved as a lot of people seem to think imo. Hes struggles majorly at world level, and has never comfortably beaten a good fighter to my knowledge

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whyte despite telling everyone he wants AJ, Fury and Wilder is appealing the WBC decision to make Whyte Fury's mandatory before facing the winner of Wilder/ Breazeale

https://www.givemesport.com/1474182-...ed?autoplay=on

Whyte should be biting their hand off for the opportunity. Huge payday and a big chance to massively improve his standing.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Perhaps he sees Wilder or Breazeale as easier targets OR perhaps he feels he needs a tune up.

I like Whyte and how he's done given the pedigree of other fighters in the division but yeah that is disappointing to say the least.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LET’S GO Dillian Whyte insists he DOES want Tyson Fury fight after WBC reveal plan to order final eliminator

However, the ‘Body Snatcher’ doubts the ‘Gypsy King’ will accept the bout

Dillian Whyte has declared exclusively to talkSPORT that he is ready, willing and able to fight Tyson Fury for the right to become Deontay Wilder’s next mandatory challenger.

The Brixton man is sceptical as to whether his rival will accept the bout, but insists he would take it if it became a realistic possibility.

WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman revealed that his organisation have mapped out a plan to order Whyte vs Fury as a final eliminator to resolve their current dispute with Whyte, who wants to challenge WBC champion Wilder.

However, Sulaiman also claimed Dillian’s team had not accepted the ruling and instead wanted his upcoming fight with Oscar Rivas to become the final eliminator.

“I’m the ‘can man,’ whoever want it can get it,” Whyte exclusively told Drive.

“I’ve been trying to fight Tyson Fury for a number of years now. We’ve made multiple attempts and it never happened.

“If Fury wants to fight, he knows where I am. But I can’t see the fight happening.

“If Tyson fury can walk away from a rematch with Deontay Wilder for the WBC heavyweight world title, why would he fight me for the ‘interim’ title? It doesn’t make sense.”

Whyte currently remains locked in an argument with the WBC as he feels he’s been unfairly treated by them – most notably in a situation that arose earlier this year.

The 31-year-old heavyweight was initially ordered to face Dominic Breazeale in a final eliminator for the WBC ‘interim’ title, only for this bout to be pulled out from under his feet.

When the Wilder vs Fury rematch fell through, Breazeale jumped up to challenge the champion on May 18 instead – because he was existing mandatory having beaten Eric Molina in a questionable final eliminator back in 2017.

As a result, Whyte’s team claim the WBC have ‘protected’ Wilder and are now campaigning to make him automatic mandatory, though the governing body have other ideas.

“There’s a lot of things going on with the WBC at the minute,” Whyte continued.

“Everyone knows I’m very angry at them and the way I’ve been treated.

“Everyone knows Deontay Wilder should’ve been fighting me and not Dominic Breazeale.

“But for some reason the WBC insist on protecting him…

“It’s a funny subject, I can’t really say too much, a lot of these boxing authorities are very touchy.

“The public can see what I’ve done, how many WBC title fights I’ve had, how many times I’ve defended my number one position. It’s crazy, I don’t understand it.

“Now, with the WBC, I think it’s just delaying tactics by them…

“It’s frustrating, it’s stressful, it’s a bit disheartening to be honest.

“Tyson Fury could’ve fought Oscar Rivas, he said no, Anthony Joshua could’ve fought Oscar Rivas, he said no, look who they’re fighting.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/5...ight-wbc-plan/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just a way to highlight Wilder back to his KO'ing ways two weeks before AJ comes over to the same N.Y stomping grounds. They've been building it for a while since they shared a card in 2017 and apparently Wilder's brother who is as sharp as a round marble sucker punched Breazeale and yelled slurs at his wife and kids. Thought Breazeale sued him too and also sent new gear and hats to the journeyman fella who just knocked out Wilders brother .

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will supporting Breazeale

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    LET’S GO Dillian Whyte insists he DOES want Tyson Fury fight after WBC reveal plan to order final eliminator

Dillian Whyte has declared exclusively to talkSPORT that he is ready, willing and able to fight Tyson Fury for the right to become Deontay Wilder’s next mandatory challenger.

The Brixton man is sceptical as to whether his rival will accept the bout, but insists he would take it if it became a realistic possibility.

WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman revealed that his organisation have mapped out a plan to order Whyte vs Fury as a final eliminator to resolve their current dispute with Whyte, who wants to challenge WBC champion Wilder.

However, Sulaiman also claimed Dillian’s team had not accepted the ruling and instead wanted his upcoming fight with Oscar Rivas to become the final eliminator.

“I’ve been trying to fight Tyson Fury for a number of years now. We’ve made multiple attempts and it never happened.

“If Fury wants to fight, he knows where I am. But I can’t see the fight happening.

“If Tyson fury can walk away from a rematch with Deontay Wilder for the WBC heavyweight world title, why would he fight me for the ‘interim’ title? It doesn’t make sense.”

Whyte currently remains locked in an argument with the WBC as he feels he’s been unfairly treated by them – most notably in a situation that arose earlier this year.

The 31-year-old heavyweight was initially ordered to face Dominic Breazeale in a final eliminator for the WBC ‘interim’ title, only for this bout to be pulled out from under his feet.

When the Wilder vs Fury rematch fell through, Breazeale jumped up to challenge the champion on May 18 instead – because he was existing mandatory having beaten Eric Molina in a questionable final eliminator back in 2017.

As a result, Whyte’s team claim the WBC have ‘protected’ Wilder and are now campaigning to make him automatic mandatory, though the governing body have other ideas.

“Everyone knows Deontay Wilder should’ve been fighting me and not Dominic Breazeale.

“It’s a funny subject, I can’t really say too much, a lot of these boxing authorities are very touchy.

“The public can see what I’ve done, how many WBC title fights I’ve had, how many times I’ve defended my number one position. It’s crazy, I don’t understand it.

“Tyson Fury could’ve fought Oscar Rivas, he said no, Anthony Joshua could’ve fought Oscar Rivas, he said no, look who they’re fighting.

On 3 occasions Whyte has been told to fight someone to get the Wilder fight, on 3 occasions he has told the media he wanted the fight while behind closed doors appealed the orders. Work for Eddie, lie for Eddie, lie like Eddie.

I hope this fight happens but when a decent fight is proposed in the heavyweight division I assume it won’t happen for some BS or another. Everyone will pick sides and the promoters will laugh and laugh.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

On 3 occasions Whyte has been told to fight someone to get the Wilder fight, on 3 occasions he has told the media he wanted the fight while behind closed doors appealed the orders. Work for Eddie, lie for Eddie, lie like Eddie.

I hope this fight happens but when a decent fight is proposed in the heavyweight division I assume it won’t happen for some BS or another. Everyone will pick sides and the promoters will laugh and laugh.
    I don’t really want to stick up for Whyte cos he’s as full of shit as the rest of them , but to be fair, the WBC have shit on him whichever way you look at it.
    He was no.1 challenger, Brezeale was no.4. And it’s not the first time.
    Like I said , I’m not here to stick up for Whyte, because he’s deluded, but I don’t know what Eddie Hearn has to do with it.
    Hearn only promotes Whyte on a fight by fight basis. Whyte is supposedly a free agent. He even came over the States to whore himself out, but I’m guessing he didn’t get any takers.
    Probably cos he thinks he’s more of a draw than he actually is.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A Fury against Whyte fight would be a very good eliminator

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't have an issue with it. It is still a relatively meaningful fight and if Joshua could fight him then why not Wilder? Wilder has a chance to do it better or else look loose and not do better. I am fine with it.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder crossing the line yet again!!

Utter scumbag’ – Deontay Wilder shocks and angers boxing fans with comments about ‘killing’ Dominic Breazeale

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/5...nic-breazeale/

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder crossing the line yet again!!

Utter scumbag’ – Deontay Wilder shocks and angers boxing fans with comments about ‘killing’ Dominic Breazeale

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/5...nic-breazeale/
    Ha! this diva prick didn't get enough attention when he said that first time round , so he thought he would throw the "get a death on my record" bomb back into the mix .
    I honestly think that all this talk and that stupid mask he wears when he does his ringwalk is because deep down he's fucking scared! I don't reckon he is quite the fucking nut job that he would have us believe.
    AND BY THE WAY, before he regurgitates this old nugget, Mike Tyson would've ripped his fucking soul out and ate it! Fuck me, if Tyson had a 10 week camp now I reckon he would beat the useless twat!

Thread Information