Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  23
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 78

Thread: Racism/Chimp Pic/BBC/Royals/Danny Baker Sacked

Share/Bookmark
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,142
    Mentioned
    788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1023
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Racism/Chimp Pic/BBC/Royals/Danny Baker Sacked

    Miles much like Benji's gorilla you could not goad a hungry pensioner into a food bank. Or to their death after being left with £5 to live on.

    I suppose you and your mate would call that living beyond her means, and yet you are worrying more about Rolex wearing Tommy and Beardy weirdy Carl of Tarragon.
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  2. #47
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,408
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1638
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Racism/Chimp Pic/BBC/Royals/Danny Baker Sacked

    Nobody here knows shit about racism, but it doesn't stop everyone from talking up a storm.

    Racism isn't words. It's an attitude and a set of held beliefs. If you say "nigger" in a conversation, but in all honesty do not consider blacks to be inferior or objectionable, then you're not racist. If said person says "nigger" to a black person and the black person objects, usually the first person will refrain from using the word so as to not offend the black person. This is not rocket science. It's basic human nature and principles of human decency. The same goes for every race, ethnic group, gender, and every other worldly distinction which separates us from one another.

    You could be squeaky clean in your lexicon and be the world's worst racist.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,915
    Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2821
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Racism/Chimp Pic/BBC/Royals/Danny Baker Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Nobody here knows shit about racism, but it doesn't stop everyone from talking up a storm.

    Racism isn't words. It's an attitude and a set of held beliefs. If you say "nigger" in a conversation, but in all honesty do not consider blacks to be inferior or objectionable, then you're not racist. If said person says "nigger" to a black person and the black person objects, usually the first person will refrain from using the word so as to not offend the black person. This is not rocket science. It's basic human nature and principles of human decency. The same goes for every race, ethnic group, gender, and every other worldly distinction which separates us from one another.

    You could be squeaky clean in your lexicon and be the world's worst racist.
    This is exactly why it's not simple. The crux of this argument is a man got sacked for posting a chimp pic, he swears blind the intent wasn't aimed at black people in any way, he has never done/said a racist thing in 61 years and everyone who knows him backs him up. He has literally fought against racist/facists. However, not only is losing his job not sufficient punishment, whole swathes of society want him arrested. I've heard dozens of black people washing away any defence of him with - "yeah, right, closet racist."

    You use the word nigger, regardless of context, how will you prove the intent wasn't racist? Like Batman's example of "niggardly," he was taken to task for fear of offending people who don't understand the meaning, for fear of offending a lack of intelligence. Mad world.
    Last edited by Fenster; 05-14-2019 at 02:32 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,142
    Mentioned
    788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1023
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Racism/Chimp Pic/BBC/Royals/Danny Baker Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Nobody here knows shit about racism, but it doesn't stop everyone from talking up a storm.

    Racism isn't words. It's an attitude and a set of held beliefs. If you say "nigger" in a conversation, but in all honesty do not consider blacks to be inferior or objectionable, then you're not racist. If said person says "nigger" to a black person and the black person objects, usually the first person will refrain from using the word so as to not offend the black person. This is not rocket science. It's basic human nature and principles of human decency. The same goes for every race, ethnic group, gender, and every other worldly distinction which separates us from one another.

    You could be squeaky clean in your lexicon and be the world's worst racist.
    This is exactly why it's not simple. The crux of this argument is a man got sacked for posting a chimp pic, he swears blind the intent wasn't aimed at black people in any way, he has never done/said a racist thing in 61 years and everyone who knows him backs him up. He has literally fought against racist/facists. However, not only is losing his job not sufficient punishment, whole swathes of society want him arrested. I've heard dozens of black people washing away any defence of him with - "yeah, right, closet racist."

    You use the word nigger, regardless of context, how will you prove the intent wasn't racist? Like Batman's example of "niggardly," he was taken to task for fear of offending people who don't understand the meaning, for fear of offending a lack of intelligence. Mad world.
    What shocks me most about it it is

    Nobody has made a Joke about Danny and Daz and asking someone on the doorstep if they are proud of their whites

    Nobody has brought up Meghans hubby actually choosing to dress up as an actual Nazi....for fun
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,142
    Mentioned
    788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1023
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Racism/Chimp Pic/BBC/Royals/Danny Baker Sacked

    Also @Batman if you are dropping the word 'niggardly' into everyday conversation you are either

    Will Self

    Jacob Rees Mogg

    Or need to cut back on the reading and play ice hockey without a helmet or spar on tarmac. (The world is not a nice place for someone with too many working brain cells)
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  6. #51
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,408
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1638
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Racism/Chimp Pic/BBC/Royals/Danny Baker Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Nobody here knows shit about racism, but it doesn't stop everyone from talking up a storm.

    Racism isn't words. It's an attitude and a set of held beliefs. If you say "nigger" in a conversation, but in all honesty do not consider blacks to be inferior or objectionable, then you're not racist. If said person says "nigger" to a black person and the black person objects, usually the first person will refrain from using the word so as to not offend the black person. This is not rocket science. It's basic human nature and principles of human decency. The same goes for every race, ethnic group, gender, and every other worldly distinction which separates us from one another.

    You could be squeaky clean in your lexicon and be the world's worst racist.
    This is exactly why it's not simple. The crux of this argument is a man got sacked for posting a chimp pic, he swears blind the intent wasn't aimed at black people in any way, he has never done/said a racist thing in 61 years and everyone who knows him backs him up. He has literally fought against racist/facists. However, not only is losing his job not sufficient punishment, whole swathes of society want him arrested. I've heard dozens of black people washing away any defence of him with - "yeah, right, closet racist."

    You use the word nigger, regardless of context, how will you prove the intent wasn't racist? Like Batman's example of "niggardly," he was taken to task for fear of offending people who don't understand the meaning, for fear of offending a lack of intelligence. Mad world.

    I hadn't read the article link in the OP, so went back and read it. What's sad is that all this uproar against Baker is amplified because it has to do with a royal baby. Had it been Jane Doe's baby, who knows... the guy would probably still have his job. I tend to lean toward giving Baker the benefit of the doubt. You have to look at a person's background, not just casually wash away over 60 years of personal history. On the other hand, about a year ago there was a furor over Roseanne Barr making a racist Tweet comparing Obama aide Valerie Jarrett to an ape. In that case, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to come to the conclusion that Roseanne is very much a racist. That's why these things shouldn't be broad-brushed.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In my own little Universe
    Posts
    8,941
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1928
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Racism/Chimp Pic/BBC/Royals/Danny Baker Sacked

    He does deny any racism ....... and says he had no idea that black people were sometimes compared to monkeys and chimps.

    He must be the absolute single only lifelong Millwall fan who is 'unaware' of that .....
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,142
    Mentioned
    788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1023
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Racism/Chimp Pic/BBC/Royals/Danny Baker Sacked

    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,607
    Mentioned
    879 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3146
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Racism/Chimp Pic/BBC/Royals/Danny Baker Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Nobody here knows shit about racism, but it doesn't stop everyone from talking up a storm.

    Racism isn't words. It's an attitude and a set of held beliefs. If you say "nigger" in a conversation, but in all honesty do not consider blacks to be inferior or objectionable, then you're not racist. If said person says "nigger" to a black person and the black person objects, usually the first person will refrain from using the word so as to not offend the black person. This is not rocket science. It's basic human nature and principles of human decency. The same goes for every race, ethnic group, gender, and every other worldly distinction which separates us from one another.

    You could be squeaky clean in your lexicon and be the world's worst racist.
    This is exactly why it's not simple. The crux of this argument is a man got sacked for posting a chimp pic, he swears blind the intent wasn't aimed at black people in any way, he has never done/said a racist thing in 61 years and everyone who knows him backs him up. He has literally fought against racist/facists. However, not only is losing his job not sufficient punishment, whole swathes of society want him arrested. I've heard dozens of black people washing away any defence of him with - "yeah, right, closet racist."

    You use the word nigger, regardless of context, how will you prove the intent wasn't racist? Like Batman's example of "niggardly," he was taken to task for fear of offending people who don't understand the meaning, for fear of offending a lack of intelligence. Mad world.

    I hadn't read the article link in the OP, so went back and read it. What's sad is that all this uproar against Baker is amplified because it has to do with a royal baby. Had it been Jane Doe's baby, who knows... the guy would probably still have his job. I tend to lean toward giving Baker the benefit of the doubt. You have to look at a person's background, not just casually wash away over 60 years of personal history. On the other hand, about a year ago there was a furor over Roseanne Barr making a racist Tweet comparing Obama aide Valerie Jarrett to an ape. In that case, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to come to the conclusion that Roseanne is very much a racist. That's why these things shouldn't be broad-brushed.
    But what if the person does look a bit chimp like? For instance, I have always thought Brad Pitt has a touch of chimp, but it isn't racism. There is a former wrestler on TV here who looks a bit ape like, but I would hardly say everyone looks ape like. People really do sometimes look a funny way. Was Bonham Carter mocking black people when she dressed up as a monkey? I think people have had their brain chemistry altered and just want to be triggered by key words these days.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  10. #55
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,408
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1638
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Racism/Chimp Pic/BBC/Royals/Danny Baker Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Nobody here knows shit about racism, but it doesn't stop everyone from talking up a storm.

    Racism isn't words. It's an attitude and a set of held beliefs. If you say "nigger" in a conversation, but in all honesty do not consider blacks to be inferior or objectionable, then you're not racist. If said person says "nigger" to a black person and the black person objects, usually the first person will refrain from using the word so as to not offend the black person. This is not rocket science. It's basic human nature and principles of human decency. The same goes for every race, ethnic group, gender, and every other worldly distinction which separates us from one another.

    You could be squeaky clean in your lexicon and be the world's worst racist.
    This is exactly why it's not simple. The crux of this argument is a man got sacked for posting a chimp pic, he swears blind the intent wasn't aimed at black people in any way, he has never done/said a racist thing in 61 years and everyone who knows him backs him up. He has literally fought against racist/facists. However, not only is losing his job not sufficient punishment, whole swathes of society want him arrested. I've heard dozens of black people washing away any defence of him with - "yeah, right, closet racist."

    You use the word nigger, regardless of context, how will you prove the intent wasn't racist? Like Batman's example of "niggardly," he was taken to task for fear of offending people who don't understand the meaning, for fear of offending a lack of intelligence. Mad world.

    I hadn't read the article link in the OP, so went back and read it. What's sad is that all this uproar against Baker is amplified because it has to do with a royal baby. Had it been Jane Doe's baby, who knows... the guy would probably still have his job. I tend to lean toward giving Baker the benefit of the doubt. You have to look at a person's background, not just casually wash away over 60 years of personal history. On the other hand, about a year ago there was a furor over Roseanne Barr making a racist Tweet comparing Obama aide Valerie Jarrett to an ape. In that case, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to come to the conclusion that Roseanne is very much a racist. That's why these things shouldn't be broad-brushed.
    But what if the person does look a bit chimp like? For instance, I have always thought Brad Pitt has a touch of chimp, but it isn't racism. There is a former wrestler on TV here who looks a bit ape like, but I would hardly say everyone looks ape like. People really do sometimes look a funny way. Was Bonham Carter mocking black people when she dressed up as a monkey? I think people have had their brain chemistry altered and just want to be triggered by key words these days.


    Context, Miles.

    As mature, intelligent human beings, we should be able to discern between the racist and the non-racist. Roseanne, being the lowlife comedienne that she is, was totally racist in her comments. She meant it to be racist, and it came out entirely racist. She got what was coming to her. The chimp/ape thing, I see your point. Unfortunately history is loaded with racist views comparing blacks to monkeys.... so it's tough to come off any other way than racist when you go the chimp/ape route. Yes... some white people look a bit like apes. But comparing a black person to one is going to get you in heaps of trouble no matter what the intention was.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In my own little Universe
    Posts
    8,941
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1928
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Racism/Chimp Pic/BBC/Royals/Danny Baker Sacked

    Helena Bonham Carter was in Planet of the Apes, and she saved the director a fortune because she didn't need any makeup or CGI.

    Attached Images
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

  12. #57
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,408
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1638
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Racism/Chimp Pic/BBC/Royals/Danny Baker Sacked

    Must be a British inside joke.....

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,607
    Mentioned
    879 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3146
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Racism/Chimp Pic/BBC/Royals/Danny Baker Sacked

    See a non white man makes a racist joke about a white woman. Nobody gets hurt. It's no big deal.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,620
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4720
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Racism/Chimp Pic/BBC/Royals/Danny Baker Sacked

    Hardened racism is something you know when you see it. Anyone bouncing around dropping N bombs as insult and slur out in the real world is showing you exactly who they are and don't require the Scooby Doo mystery hour regarding intent or heart considering our National history. It's elsewhere and often more coded and sly. I remember as a dumb little twat in the 70's we learned that 'Fag' was actually a cigarette and describing a homosexual was the slur. It was like Christmas to go start some shat. The next day the class is running around "using it" on everyone because we could then point to the dictionary and say "It means cigarette" like some smartass. Rambling here, forgot this thread was about monkeys or chimps etc. I prefer Silver backs.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,607
    Mentioned
    879 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3146
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Racism/Chimp Pic/BBC/Royals/Danny Baker Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Hardened racism is something you know when you see it. Anyone bouncing around dropping N bombs as insult and slur out in the real world is showing you exactly who they are and don't require the Scooby Doo mystery hour regarding intent or heart considering our National history. It's elsewhere and often more coded and sly. I remember as a dumb little twat in the 70's we learned that 'Fag' was actually a cigarette and describing a homosexual was the slur. It was like Christmas to go start some shat. The next day the class is running around "using it" on everyone because we could then point to the dictionary and say "It means cigarette" like some smartass. Rambling here, forgot this thread was about monkeys or chimps etc. I prefer Silver backs.
    That is true and that is why I think it is important to distinguish between jokes and people who are snarling insults at you. However, I think an insult is an insult regardless of race, gender, or sexuality. I have certainly been called a 'fag' in my time, but I consider it no worse than 'cunt' or 'chimp'. The word really only has power if it owns you. I was last called 'faggot' at a military base as some bloated and rather ugly older man walked into the toilets and I was walking out. Sure it was a slur, but at the same time rather than see it as demeaning I thought 'Well, yes, I am certainly slimmer and more attractive than you' and smirked on my way out. The only thing that poor old chap could pull was a trigger. I think it is great when you can provoke a reaction like that for doing nothing at all. Now if it was a bunch of them snarling it and wanting to beat me up for it, then it is a whole new ball park. That's where I think the limits are.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. LORDE - Royals
    By Youngblood in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-19-2013, 11:53 PM
  2. My local baker retiring
    By Mark TKO in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 11:00 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing