Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: RIP Harold Lederman.

RIP Mr Lederman.

I thought many of his cards were spot on. Always perked me up to see him disagree with the commentators sometimes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

RIP, agreed with him more often than not. A boxing staple of my childhood.
    If you think you can......you can, if you think you can't .......you're right!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

RIP Harold. The death of any human being, regardless of age or condition, is always a sad moment.

That being said, I see no need to sugarcoat it. I always thought Harold was pretty much useless in his role in boxing. Overstating the obvious... not always scoring fights correctly... suffering from the common malaise of going with the flow of rounds and not seeing the other guy pull out the occasional round here and there... in short... pretty much useless. He was biased as anyone else, and sometimes even more so.

On a side note, I remember having a mental picture of Harold before ever seeing his face, and being all surprised how his face and age didn't go with his high-pitched, screechy voice.

Still, a nice person... and my prayers for him and his surviving family.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    RIP Harold. The death of any human being, regardless of age or condition, is always a sad moment.

That being said, I see no need to sugarcoat it. I always thought Harold was pretty much useless in his role in boxing. Overstating the obvious... not always scoring fights correctly... suffering from the common malaise of going with the flow of rounds and not seeing the other guy pull out the occasional round here and there... in short... pretty much useless. He was biased as anyone else, and sometimes even more so.

On a side note, I remember having a mental picture of Harold before ever seeing his face, and being all surprised how his face and age didn't go with his high-pitched, screechy voice.

Still, a nice person... and my prayers for him and his surviving family.
    Basically agree with your post.

Everytime people die it seems like everyone talks about how they are the best person ever. Maybe he was a great guy that everyone liked. Who knows? His voice is iconic for me though since it will always remind me of boxing

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I liked his scoring and he was generally right.

Now I know what he looks like, iconic commentator and voice.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

God Bless him for fighting the good fight against the worst opponent. He never let on. A family man who worked a day job (pharmacist) even after his ship came in with HBO. His voice is ingrained into many of our heads when it came to the HBO broadcasts. Whether you liked him or hated him, when the rounds were close you did lean in a little to see what side of the fence he fell on. His legacy is now carried on by one of his daughters (a fathers dream). He's been ringside for some of the best fights we've seen (a boxing fans dream) and for that I say he has a better stories than most boxing fans to tell up there. We should all be so fortunate when we leave this earth. Rest in Peace, Harold.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I always liked the guy. He added something to a fight. I liked his post fight interviews and lived it when he told Floyd if he was fifty years younger he would kick his ass. I never understood the hate he got around here but not everyone is going to like everyone. Take care Harold I bet you could have kicked Floyd’s ass back in the day

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I always liked the guy. He added something to a fight. I liked his post fight interviews and lived it when he told Floyd if he was fifty years younger he would kick his ass. I never understood the hate he got around here but not everyone is going to like everyone. Take care Harold I bet you could have kicked Floyd’s ass back in the day

That was Larry Merchant ffs... at least you’re right about not everyone liking everyone. I wish your mom was 50 years younger so she could have not had you.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

That was Larry Merchant ffs... at least you’re right about not everyone liking everyone. I wish your mom was 50 years younger so she could have not had you.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I always liked it how you can tell by the halfway mark of the last fight he was either drunk AF or tired AF. lol...

RIP Messr. Ledderman. Condolences to your family!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

By all accounts one of the nicest people surrounding and involved in the sport spanning six decades. Can you imagine doing something you love for that long and making a living at it? He was a staple and that purely enthusiastic somewhat discombobulating voice on those Saturday nights are a huge part of the great fight memories we're fortunate to have. A true dedicated professional who came across as 'real' and if he wasn't shouting shrill from ringside he'd be watching at home doing the same. Thank you Mr. Lederman, rest easy sir. And fuck cancer!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes. He was a super nice man who did me a great favor once and I will never forget him for that act of kindness. And to his wife Eileen (a personal friend), I extend my deepest and most heartfelt sympathies.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    Yes. He was a super nice man who did me a great favor once and I will never forget him for that act of kindness. And to his wife Eileen (a personal friend), I extend my deepest and most heartfelt sympathies.
    Wow cool experience it must have been

Thread Information