Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  24
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: RIP Harold Lederman.

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    895
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    384
    Cool Clicks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,551
    Mentioned
    879 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3144
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: RIP Harold Lederman.

    RIP Mr Lederman.

    I thought many of his cards were spot on. Always perked me up to see him disagree with the commentators sometimes.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    VA for life, 2 up 2 down
    Posts
    617
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    570
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: RIP Harold Lederman.

    RIP, agreed with him more often than not. A boxing staple of my childhood.
    If you think you can......you can, if you think you can't .......you're right!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,378
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1636
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: RIP Harold Lederman.

    RIP Harold. The death of any human being, regardless of age or condition, is always a sad moment.

    That being said, I see no need to sugarcoat it. I always thought Harold was pretty much useless in his role in boxing. Overstating the obvious... not always scoring fights correctly... suffering from the common malaise of going with the flow of rounds and not seeing the other guy pull out the occasional round here and there... in short... pretty much useless. He was biased as anyone else, and sometimes even more so.

    On a side note, I remember having a mental picture of Harold before ever seeing his face, and being all surprised how his face and age didn't go with his high-pitched, screechy voice.

    Still, a nice person... and my prayers for him and his surviving family.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,905
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    373
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: RIP Harold Lederman.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    RIP Harold. The death of any human being, regardless of age or condition, is always a sad moment.

    That being said, I see no need to sugarcoat it. I always thought Harold was pretty much useless in his role in boxing. Overstating the obvious... not always scoring fights correctly... suffering from the common malaise of going with the flow of rounds and not seeing the other guy pull out the occasional round here and there... in short... pretty much useless. He was biased as anyone else, and sometimes even more so.

    On a side note, I remember having a mental picture of Harold before ever seeing his face, and being all surprised how his face and age didn't go with his high-pitched, screechy voice.

    Still, a nice person... and my prayers for him and his surviving family.
    Basically agree with your post.

    Everytime people die it seems like everyone talks about how they are the best person ever. Maybe he was a great guy that everyone liked. Who knows? His voice is iconic for me though since it will always remind me of boxing

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,667
    Mentioned
    1457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2698
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: RIP Harold Lederman.

    I liked his scoring and he was generally right.

    Now I know what he looks like, iconic commentator and voice.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,381
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    782
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: RIP Harold Lederman.

    God Bless him for fighting the good fight against the worst opponent. He never let on. A family man who worked a day job (pharmacist) even after his ship came in with HBO. His voice is ingrained into many of our heads when it came to the HBO broadcasts. Whether you liked him or hated him, when the rounds were close you did lean in a little to see what side of the fence he fell on. His legacy is now carried on by one of his daughters (a fathers dream). He's been ringside for some of the best fights we've seen (a boxing fans dream) and for that I say he has a better stories than most boxing fans to tell up there. We should all be so fortunate when we leave this earth. Rest in Peace, Harold.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

    Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,558
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    577
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: RIP Harold Lederman.

    I always liked the guy. He added something to a fight. I liked his post fight interviews and lived it when he told Floyd if he was fifty years younger he would kick his ass. I never understood the hate he got around here but not everyone is going to like everyone. Take care Harold I bet you could have kicked Floyd’s ass back in the day

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    12,596
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1033
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: RIP Harold Lederman.

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I always liked the guy. He added something to a fight. I liked his post fight interviews and lived it when he told Floyd if he was fifty years younger he would kick his ass. I never understood the hate he got around here but not everyone is going to like everyone. Take care Harold I bet you could have kicked Floyd’s ass back in the day

    That was Larry Merchant ffs... at least you’re right about not everyone liking everyone. I wish your mom was 50 years younger so she could have not had you.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,104
    Mentioned
    786 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1022
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: RIP Harold Lederman.

    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I always liked the guy. He added something to a fight. I liked his post fight interviews and lived it when he told Floyd if he was fifty years younger he would kick his ass. I never understood the hate he got around here but not everyone is going to like everyone. Take care Harold I bet you could have kicked Floyd’s ass back in the day

    That was Larry Merchant ffs... at least you’re right about not everyone liking everyone. I wish your mom was 50 years younger so she could have not had you.
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,646
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    501
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: RIP Harold Lederman.

    I always liked it how you can tell by the halfway mark of the last fight he was either drunk AF or tired AF. lol...

    RIP Messr. Ledderman. Condolences to your family!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

    Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,604
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4719
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: RIP Harold Lederman.

    By all accounts one of the nicest people surrounding and involved in the sport spanning six decades. Can you imagine doing something you love for that long and making a living at it? He was a staple and that purely enthusiastic somewhat discombobulating voice on those Saturday nights are a huge part of the great fight memories we're fortunate to have. A true dedicated professional who came across as 'real' and if he wasn't shouting shrill from ringside he'd be watching at home doing the same. Thank you Mr. Lederman, rest easy sir. And fuck cancer!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,604
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4719
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: RIP Harold Lederman.



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,783
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1110
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: RIP Harold Lederman.

    Yes. He was a super nice man who did me a great favor once and I will never forget him for that act of kindness. And to his wife Eileen (a personal friend), I extend my deepest and most heartfelt sympathies.

    “If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton





  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,558
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    577
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: RIP Harold Lederman.

    Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    Yes. He was a super nice man who did me a great favor once and I will never forget him for that act of kindness. And to his wife Eileen (a personal friend), I extend my deepest and most heartfelt sympathies.
    Wow cool experience it must have been

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-25-2016, 10:54 AM
  2. email from harold lederman
    By Julius Rain in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-18-2009, 02:19 PM
  3. Harold Lederman really needs to tell Jim Lampley something
    By Lance Uppercut in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-04-2008, 07:38 PM
  4. Harold Lederman Interview
    By El Gamo in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 08:36 PM
  5. Harold Lederman Interview/Video
    By SigmaMu in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2007, 08:20 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing