Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao vs Thurman

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Well its just as fentanyl says, Manny won the “fight”and Thurmans having no argument for that suggests he knows it as nobody in that kind of fight is trying to score, but in terms of rounds It was very close and there were at least a few Thurman did win clear I thought. Certainly didnt see it as Manny having his way except for the first 4 or 5 rounds, he was missing a lot and taking big shots. Was actually surprised he held up to them so well overall, but I think its because Thurman landed most of his best stuff either in a phone booth or coming forward, rather than walk Manny onto anything.
    I expected Thurman to play counter but it was apparent from the opening round he was molasses compared to Pac and not half as talented as Marquez who could punch with him as well as walk him onto shit. And after the first round, even when pressuring he looked "terrified" (over-conscious) of the burst coming back.

Thurman's success with pressure just confirmed Ricky Hatton would have battered Pac if it wasn't for the lucky punch in the 2nd round.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Woke up this morning and read all the posts and was just about to post how I agreed with all the analysis from everybody until I read that good joke in the last paragraph of the last post.

Obviously intended as a joke, as anyone who knows anything about boxing knows Hatton never belonged in the ring with Manny in the first place. All that chloroforming punch did was accentuate the obvious.

Hell of a good joke, though.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Side-splitting jokes aside, I agree with most of the analysis I've read here post-fight. All credit in the world to Manny. He put Father Time on hold for this one time (excuse the pun), and clearly won the fight IMO. Thurman fought bravely and courageously, and didn't get on his bicycle trying to escape. He hit Manny clean with some flush right hands and Manny took them better than I would've thought. It was later in the fight though. Had Thurman cracked him with those same punches early... we might have seen a different fight.

Yeah, Manny should retire on this high. Absolutely nothing left to prove. Yes... and FFS, don't give in to the whining Khan.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny did fantastic. Thurman still doesn’t seem to be what he was a few years ago. His quickness is still there but his speed is severely diminished. But that’s his problem not Manny’s. I thought Thurman fought a dumb fight but again, Thurman’s fault, not Manny’s. For once I am not attempting to diminish Manny. Just stating what I saw. And none of it diminishes Manny, he is a 40 year old man. Like has been said, besting a 30 year old undefeated career welter is impressive. Sure there was no VADA testing for some reason that we don’t know wink wink. But both were not tested so fair playing field. Fantastic career by Manny, first ballot hall of Famer and probably top 25 fighter of all time. Retire on this high, don’t get destroyed by Spence or Crawford.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not a Pacquiao fan at all but he looked insanely good for a 40 year old especially at a lower weight. There were some rounds where his age showed but he had some really good spurts. I’m curious why Thurman seemed to change his style so much for this fight. I get that you change things up a little depending on your opponent, but I feel like Thurman didn’t use his athleticism like he normally does in his fights. He tried to use his jab which was crazy because he didn’t even have a jab before this fight.

Great match making though. Thurman who is undefeated and used to be at the top of the division was a big name that they could exploit. And Thurman said on Twitter about him not caring about losing his “0” because he wants to fight the best. That’s obviously not true because he very clearly ducked Spence on multiple occasions. Pacquiao just gave him much more money.

At this point in Pacquiao’s career, I want him to fight the best or go away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny still a beast at 40 Keef classy in defeat

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pacman! i don't mind a rematch
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with Freddie Roach that Pacman should retire now. The accumulation of heavy punches Pac had through the years might take its toll in his next big fights.

I am watching again Pac's fights (at flyweight until his recent fights) and I am convinced that he needs to retire to protect his health and to avoid further damage to his body and head.

The Thurman fight is an example of how he was punished with heavy punches which is almost similar with the morales, marquez, margarito and cotto fights.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacquiao should retire with this big win. If he can't get the Mayweather jackpot, there is nothing to prove

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather hasnt fought anyone at Thurmans level for years. As far as I'm concerned he's done at that level, Mayweather can shout all he wants, but whats left?

After such a long career, does he have the hunger that Pacman still has , to train? to win?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post
    Mayweather hasnt fought anyone at Thurmans level for years. As far as I'm concerned he's done at that level, Mayweather can shout all he wants, but whats left?

After such a long career, does he have the hunger that Pacman still has , to train? to win?
    Simple victory and money for Mayweather

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree, all Mayweather has these days is his ego and mouth.

Pacman still fighting at a good level, Mayweather would now get owned.

That's no disrespect to Mayweather who has had a great career and money coming out his ears.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post
    I disagree, all Mayweather has these days is his ego and mouth.

Pacman still fighting at a good level, Mayweather would now get owned.

That's no disrespect to Mayweather who has had a great career and money coming out his ears.
    I think Pacquiao is still fighting at a good level. But Mayweather is simply better. I would have made Mayweather a favorite over Thurman

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In fairness, its not Mayweather calling out Pac, or claiming he is at any level. He is retired, its just that he still would present by far the biggest payday, and he has the win between them. The fact that Pacquiao still looks good when Floyd was already retired from actual boxing at the same age isnt really here or there. Also, and Im not playing sides, but does anyone not find it a little convenient that Pac hasnt been getting drug tested

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Manny did fantastic. Thurman still doesn’t seem to be what he was a few years ago. His quickness is still there but his speed is severely diminished. But that’s his problem not Manny’s. I thought Thurman fought a dumb fight but again, Thurman’s fault, not Manny’s. For once I am not attempting to diminish Manny. Just stating what I saw. And none of it diminishes Manny, he is a 40 year old man. Like has been said, besting a 30 year old undefeated career welter is impressive. Sure there was no VADA testing for some reason that we don’t know wink wink. But both were not tested so fair playing field. Fantastic career by Manny, first ballot hall of Famer and probably top 25 fighter of all time. Retire on this high, don’t get destroyed by Spence or Crawford.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterka...-drug-testing/
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Thread Information