74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao vs Thurman

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Manny did fantastic. Thurman still doesn’t seem to be what he was a few years ago. His quickness is still there but his speed is severely diminished. But that’s his problem not Manny’s. I thought Thurman fought a dumb fight but again, Thurman’s fault, not Manny’s. For once I am not attempting to diminish Manny. Just stating what I saw. And none of it diminishes Manny, he is a 40 year old man. Like has been said, besting a 30 year old undefeated career welter is impressive. Sure there was no VADA testing for some reason that we don’t know wink wink. But both were not tested so fair playing field. Fantastic career by Manny, first ballot hall of Famer and probably top 25 fighter of all time. Retire on this high, don’t get destroyed by Spence or Crawford.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterka...-drug-testing/
    You do realize that this article states he wasn’t in VADA’s testing program right? But rather the WBC’s testing program administered by VADA. I can find you articles explaining that the WBCs testing program spends about 40$ per fighter per month if you like, that’s about 1 basic test per fighter per month. If you want more detailed tests you get less. In short the WBCs testing program is a joke. Propping it up as evidence is only evidence of not knowing the WBCs program. Actually, I’ll take 1 minute and find you a video explaining this, it’s in the Whyte thread already

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EqTDFV8EPKU

40$ per fighter per month, right in there for you. But if you think that’s the kind of money it takes to catch cheats making millions well, that’s adorable
    Last edited by Master; 07-26-2019 at 08:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    Manny did fantastic. Thurman still doesn’t seem to be what he was a few years ago. His quickness is still there but his speed is severely diminished. But that’s his problem not Manny’s. I thought Thurman fought a dumb fight but again, Thurman’s fault, not Manny’s. For once I am not attempting to diminish Manny. Just stating what I saw. And none of it diminishes Manny, he is a 40 year old man. Like has been said, besting a 30 year old undefeated career welter is impressive. Sure there was no VADA testing for some reason that we don’t know wink wink. But both were not tested so fair playing field. Fantastic career by Manny, first ballot hall of Famer and probably top 25 fighter of all time. Retire on this high, don’t get destroyed by Spence or Crawford.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterka...-drug-testing/
    You do realize that this article states he wasn’t in VADA’s testing program right? But rather the WBC’s testing program administered by VADA. I can find you articles explaining that the WBCs testing program spends about 40$ per fighter per month if you like, that’s about 1 basic test per fighter per month. If you want more detailed tests you get less. In short the WBCs testing program is a joke. Propping it up as evidence is only evidence of not knowing the WBCs program. Actually, I’ll take 1 minute and find you a video explaining this, it’s in the Whyte thread already

40$ per fighter per month, right in there for you. But if you think that’s the kind of money it takes to catch cheats making millions well, that’s adorable
    Good point.

[SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Ron Swanson;1525571][QUOTE=Pavlik;1525570]

Have I misread this posted article?

THE FACTS
    I reached out to VADA president Dr. Margaret Goodman and asked is she would have a few moments to speak or do a brief interview regarding the controversy surrounding the Pacquiao vs. Thurman fight regarding whether or not there were appropriate pre and post-fight drug testing involving VADA in any capacity. Goodman's response to my e-mail was, "I appreciate you contacting me, but this is something that should be discussed with the Nevada State Athletic Commission." When I followed up asking if she can you confirm that Manny Pacquiao has been enrolled in VADA testing via the WBC Clean Boxing Program prior to this fight, Goodman replied, "Yes."

...if so it probably means that VADA doesn’t recognize the WBC Clean Boxing Program... although through the same WBC program, someone can be enrolled in VADA testing. Confusing.
    Last edited by KananKrus; 07-27-2019 at 03:43 AM.

Thread Information